New York Jets new coach?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby 1337 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:28 am

What does everyone think the impact on Bollinger will be now that Edwards is gone and a new head coach will be brought in?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:53 am

Probably will be there back up, they need to draft a running back or quarterback. They need a runningback more. Martin is getting old, you still have Pennington ya just need to keep him healthy. And if the jets don't keep him he will find a back up spot somewhere. I hear Dallas is looking for a good back up :) heck he could probably start there too.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Batman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:54 am

Mike Tice is scheduled to interview there according to the star/trib.  I think he's a native New Yorker.  I'd like to see him get the job.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:08 pm

If you want your team to be a average to below average team you hire Mike Tice. If you want to contend for the Super Bowl someday you hire somebody else. Tice needs to take a coordinator job and get some experience there and then go looking for another head coaching job. If i'm a owner or GM I wouldn't look at him right now. Unless im Matt Millen.
Last edited by ndfan on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Batman » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:48 pm

In Tice's defense he was the lowest paid coach in the league, he had the lowest paid staff in the league, and his team had the lowest payroll in the league during his entire tenure as head coach.  Up until this year his defensive personnel sucked, once they finally got some players who knew the system they were able to put some games together and salvage a 9-7 year.  At least he has excuses, unlike Dallas.  :shock:
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:53 am

Its MINNESOTA name one sport thats payroll isnt low?? Of course Mike Tice is the lowest paid coach in the league, he was a offensive line coach. He had no head coaching or even coordinator experience so they pretty much gave him what he was worth. Red McCombs is what ruined this Minnesota franchise. Getting rid of Denny Green and Randy Moss were the two stupidest things he did to Minnesota. Hopefully this Wilf will spend the money and get the vikes back on track. But if Tice gets this job in NY he wont last more then a year. The New York press alone will eat him alive. Just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:20 am

On ESPN this morning I believe Mel Kiper(sp?) had them picking a defensive tackle I believe. Interesting!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:35 pm

Your telling me that Mel Kiper said he thinks the JETS should pick a Defensive Tackle with there first pick? I can name 3 postions that they need help with. They could use a QB Pennington would be fine but he'll never make it a full season. RB Curtis Martin I think he is coming up on his 50th birthday this year. WR's I cant even name one on there team. Can't pass up any of those three postions with there first round pick. just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things