NFL Draft

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby 1337 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:22 am

So let's all take a crack at arm-chair managing. If you're the Houston Texans and have the #1 pick, what do you do?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Batman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:10 am

I'd make a huge stink about how great Reggie Bush is and then I'd trade down to about #5 or so and pick up extra draft picks, which I'd use to concentrate on the offensive line.  You can still get a decent back later, and D.Davis isn't that bad, but their line not cool so much that they need to fix that problem first. 
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:50 am

I think you have to go with the home town guy Vince Young, after what he did in the Rose bowl that would get Houston fans going and sell plenty of seats. Trade David Carr to a team say the Cowboys :). And like Batman said they really need to work on that offensive line if they wanna go anywhere.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:19 pm

This is from Sid Hartman of the Star/Tribune, who is a close personal friend of mine.  :P

"ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. predicts the Vikings will draft Southern California running back LenDale White in the first round of the draft. He also says Indianapolis will take Gophers running back Laurence Maroney with the 30th pick in the first round."

I would think they better get some smart, fast LB's if they are gonna go with the Tampa 2,  I don't see any Urlacher's on the roster.  Actually a really good OL would be nice also.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things