Kobe Bryant or Lebron James?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Kobe Bryant or Lebron James?

Postby TheYessMan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Among these amazing athletes, which one is better? Although it is hard to come up with a better player, Kobe has proven to be the superior athlete. Lebron has the chance in the future to show he is better, but right now Kobe is outweighing him in the leadership role and experience. These are 2 great scorers, however i want to know what other people think who's better.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Re: Kobe Bryant or Lebron James?

Postby Ballingman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Lebron James....he scores more with a higher % and dishes out more assists and rebounds
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:23 pm

TheYessMan wrote: Kobe has proven to be the superior athlete.

based on what? have you seen LeBron dunk the ball? LeBron is the better athlete but Kobe is better with the ball in his hands on a 1 on 1 situation IMO.

Id still take LeBron tho...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 am

this year the lakers will go to the nba championships, and win their division. Lebron james's team is in a harder division to win because of the boston celtics. I believe this year kobe will be having a better record. He is among the highest scorers, and yes he can still dunk the ball "i would say better than lebron"
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:31 am

haha ok....there isnt a guy in the league who has more impressive dunks then LeBron. all Kobe has on LeBron is a better team and a consistant jumper, better defender on the ball too. but no way is Kobe more athletic then LeBron.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:34 am

baseball wrote:haha ok....there isnt a guy in the league who has more impressive dunks then LeBron. all Kobe has on LeBron is a better team and a consistant jumper, better defender on the ball too. but no way is Kobe more athletic then LeBron.

Your post was only an attempt to goad "baseball" into a pointless argument. Not needed.
razzle dazzle

Postby The Schwab » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:55 am

ok first off....don't call out a guy with 3402 more posts than you....secondly Lebron is probably the most athletic professional athlete....3rd...have you seen who Kobe has on his team, that's why they will finish with a better record. Lebron could easily play reciever/tight end in the nfl and go down as one of the best
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Again, you are doing the same thing.
razzle dazzle

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:13 pm

razzle dazzle wrote:At least i don't spend my life on this website.

i dont know... your at a pretty fast rate, 4 posts in 4 days... and climbing
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Ballingman wrote:Lebron James....he scores more with a higher % and dishes out more assists and rebounds

And again.
razzle dazzle

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
razzle dazzle wrote:At least i don't spend my life on this website.

i dont know... your at a pretty fast rate, 4 posts in 4 days... and climbing

This website isn't about discussing post history, its about talking about the topic. It is what I do
Also a bunch of my posts were removed 'cause i was straight up baller and thats how i roll babby
razzle dazzle

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 pm

baseball wrote:haha ok....there isnt a guy in the league who has more impressive dunks then LeBron. all Kobe has on LeBron is a better team and a consistant jumper, better defender on the ball too. but no way is Kobe more athletic then LeBron.

if kobe is better 2 out of the 3 things it takes to be a better player, then obviously kobe is a better athlete. :roll:
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 pm

The Schwab wrote:ok first off....don't call out a guy with 3402 more posts than you....secondly Lebron is probably the most athletic professional athlete....3rd...have you seen who Kobe has on his team, that's why they will finish with a better record. Lebron could easily play reciever/tight end in the nfl and go down as one of the best

This is not the NFL this is the NBA for one buddy
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:36 pm

TheYessMan wrote:

if kobe is better 2 out of the 3 things it takes to be a better player, then obviously kobe is a better athlete. :roll:

And again.
razzle dazzle

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:03 pm

How did he get beat in that argument? he is saying lebron is a better athlete by far. He can jump higher and run faster.Kobe can maybe shoot better. But Lebron definitely can create his own shot alot better and get to the rim better. He did not lose the argument.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:19 pm

I will take LeBron over Kobe in the first 46 minutes of the game. LeBron does it all. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. Kobe is a good defender and scorer, and while he is a good passer, he is not on LeBron's level in the category.

I will say that Kobe is the best "closer" in the NBA, but LeBron is a better all around player/athlete.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:57 pm

balla45 wrote:I will take LeBron over Kobe in the first 46 minutes of the game. LeBron does it all. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. Kobe is a good defender and scorer, and while he is a good passer, he is not on LeBron's level in the category.

I will say that Kobe is the best "closer" in the NBA, but LeBron is a better all around player/athlete.

The reason why lebron has better stats right now is because kobe does not need to do as much work. If anyone has forgotten kobe score over 80 points in a game ranking him 2nd on most points in a game
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:58 pm

TheYessMan wrote:
balla45 wrote:I will take LeBron over Kobe in the first 46 minutes of the game. LeBron does it all. Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals. Kobe is a good defender and scorer, and while he is a good passer, he is not on LeBron's level in the category.

The reason why lebron has better stats right now is because kobe does not need to do as much work. If anyone has forgotten kobe score over 80 points in a game ranking him 2nd on most points in a game

No one is arguing that Kobe is a better scorer than LeBron. There is more to basketball than scoring though. Casual fans, like you for example, may not realize this.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:16 pm

balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

No one is arguing that Kobe is a better scorer than LeBron. There is more to basketball than scoring though. Casual fans, like you for example, may not realize this.

For those of you who only look at points and scoring. Lebron = fastest player to 10,000 points in terms of games played.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:53 pm

baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

For those of you who only look at points and scoring. Lebron = fastest player to 10,000 points in terms of games played.

The only reason why lebron is the fastest to 10,000 points is because everyone on his team can't score besides him. Lebron has to carry the load so his team mates dish him the rock. Kobe had a better supporting cast during his career. Shaq was a big influence, but lebron does not have a team mate to help score. When Shaq went away kobe started scoring more and more, hint his plus 80 game. Now that he as a better supporting cast, he does not need to score as much. I am not doubting lebron, but kobe has proven to be the superior athlete during his career. Lebron has more games to play in his future, but as if right now kobe is the better man.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:56 pm

balla45 wrote:No one is arguing that Kobe is a better scorer than LeBron. There is more to basketball than scoring though. Casual fans, like you for example, may not realize this.

I kno there is more to basketball. Kobe has the mental toughness to grind any equation for success. He has the experience to back that up.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Both Kobe and Lebron arrived at the NBA from highschool. Kobe has 3 rings to back up his reputation. Some may argue that shaq was a big influence in his career, but kobe has proven that to be false. Time will tell if lebron is truly better, but for now kobe is the best.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:29 pm

thats just saying that he's better cuz he's played longer and had more time to build a track record.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:55 pm

Yessman...do you not know what athleticism is? you keep saying Kobe is a better athlete, hes not. If you said he was a better player i coudl understand that. and LeBron averages 27-6-6 for his career. Kobe is 25-5-4. If Kobe's supporting cast is that much better he should average more assists then LeBron, and Lebron also averages more rebounds consistantly. LeBron has a better FG%, mostly because he is stronger and has a better ability to finish with contact. While Kobe is by far a better shooter.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 am

for one thing kobe bryant is not as big <understanding>, but kobe and lebron play different positions on the court. Kobe is a natural SG <shooting guard>, so he is comfortable with the "J". While he is a SG Kobe bryant has time over time taken the ball to the hole, and capitalizing on it. Lebron is a natural SF <Small Foward> and it is understanding that you think he is all good is because he dunks the ball. Every year that the cavs, with lebron, played the lakers, with kobe, the lakers have won. They were both amazing athletes in high school, but their nba careers are outstanding. No doubt that lebron is electifying, but look at who they played all season so far. Knicks? anyone can score a bunch over the knicks. Last night they had the Raptors. Raptors? they are not doing so hot now because they just fired their coach and the players are adjusting to the new one. So after lebron scores over 40 on the celtics and lakers he is not that good.
Last edited by TheYessMan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things