NFL OVERTIMES

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

NFL OVERTIMES

Postby BB11 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Am I the only one who really wishes the NFL would ditch the sudden death format and go to a format more similar to HS and College. Start one team at the 35 and go from there. Give the other team a chance as well. To me, this would be much more exciting then kicking off-driving to the 20 or 25 yard line and kicking a field goal to win. Just my opinion - but OT games in the NFL are really boring in comparison to the college game.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Re: NFL OVERTIMES

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:55 pm

If your going to do that i woudl say make them start on the 50. start at the 35 yard line is a pretty solid chance u walk away with atleast a field goal. a 40 yd field goal in college is a lot harder then a 50 yarder in the nfl, imo. just due to the hash marks being so much wider in colege.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:24 am

I hate the hs and college overtime. I don't mind the nfl overtime. My favorite overtime was the World League overtime, they later became NFL Europe. But in the World League you had to win by 6 points in overtime. So if you had to kickoff and the other team made a FG you still got the ball back and had a chance to score.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:53 am

I'd like to see the collage format, but move the ball back to about the 50 but no farther back then that
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:19 pm

I would prefer the switch to college overtime and like scc said I would like to start with kick-offs...the only thing i dont like about college overtime is that statistics get inflated..like i know I watched Kentucky go into like 4 overtimes vs. Tennesee (i think) when Woodson played for Kentucky and he finished the game with 7 or 8 TD's when after regulation he had 3.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:15 pm

scc wrote:I think all levels (high school, college, pros) should allow each team one overtime possession, but there should be a kickoff at the start of each possession.

would this mean no punts? each team gets 4 downs and if they dont score they kickoff? doesnt matter where they stalled?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things