packers vs. vikings

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

packers vs. vikings

Postby football_1 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:29 am

i think the packers coming off a crushing defeat still have the edge over the vikings and will win #6 in a row against the vikes
football_1
NDPreps Reserve

Re: packers vs. vikings

Postby scruffy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:37 am

Always has been a great series and the teams generally split regardless of team records. On paper the Pack should win but over the years many wierd things have happened in their games. As a Packer fan, I'm a bit more relaxed now with Brett out of the scene. He'd always come unglued at times and commit the dumb turnover...Aaron seems more composed...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:38 pm

No Jared Allen....No Vikings win.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 am

tellmeaboutit wrote:No Jared Allen....No Vikings win.

I was there...amazing game....Jared Allen is an absolute machine
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 pm

Big difference between Favre and Rodgers is pocket presence. Favre could make the smallest movements in the pocket to avoid a sack and most QBs don't have that, he was so hard to sack. I've always said Favre would rather throw and int than take a sack. He hated to be hit. Rodgers, as you may have noticed, stays in there and takes some hits.

To the game yesterday. The Vikings kept the Packers in it with TOs and shotty special teams. Packers completely shutdown the passing attack of the Vikings. The only productive pass plays were passes to backs. So glad Crosby missed that FG. A loss would have really hurt with 2 tough road games ahead.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:41 pm

The way the queen's lines dominated it would have been a disaster with Favre in there (from a Packer fans perspective). It would have been one of his classic three or four interception days and we would have had NO chance to steal a win at the end....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:23 pm

what were you saying bout the packers taking one from the vikings. :lol: last game I saw, it wasnt even a game, vikings proved they were the best in the north. face it, without favre, green bay is a second rate cleveland browns team, good enough to play the practice squad but not enough to compete for a champ.
ndbsktbllfan

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things