Gus Frerotte, T-Jack or JDB

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Gus Frerotte, T-Jack, or JDB

Gus Frerotte
38%
T-Jack
38%
JDB
25%

Total votes : 16

Gus Frerotte, T-Jack or JDB

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 am

I was going with Frerotte until his 4 pick effort against the Bears. Now I'm thinking can't T-Jack do everything that Gus has been doing plus escape from pressure, or should we just throw John David Booty into the fire
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Re: Gus Frerotte, T-Jack or JDB

Postby The Schwab » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:03 am

It's still Gus's team...Tjack needs to learn how to be a smart qb...give him time...it could happen...if John David Booty plays i will probably not watch the vikings ever again.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:22 pm

THEY CAN HAVE BRAD JOHNSON BACK ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH :evil:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:34 pm

I kind of voted for booty 2 weeks too early. I know that he isn't the best quarterback on their team and he is not ready for the game play of proffesional football. But i voted for him because i think that if they lose their next game, childress has to bite the bullet and stick him out there. For gosh sakes could he possibly be any worse then what they have now. I also think that in a year or two he will be a decent option, and he will probably make better decisions then Jackson, and now after yesterdays performance, Gus. That is why i voted for him.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 pm

one bad game and lets throw him under the bus? He's the best QB on the roster for this team....it's not his fault that the special teams is awful, did gus allow 48 points?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:28 pm

The Schwab wrote:one bad game and lets throw him under the bus? He's the best QB on the roster for this team....it's not his fault that the special teams is awful, did gus allow 48 points?

I would have to agree with ya on this one, a team scores 41 pts and still loses.... not the QB fault, I'd be looking at the Def Coord head on the block. Another rough year for the "purple people eaters"

But if ya want a QB, bring back Fran :shock:
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:
The Schwab wrote:one bad game and lets throw him under the bus? He's the best QB on the roster for this team....it's not his fault that the special teams is awful, did gus allow 48 points?

I would have to agree with ya on this one, a team scores 41 pts and still loses.... not the QB fault, I'd be looking at the Def Coord head on the block. Another rough year for the "purple people eaters"

But if ya want a QB, bring back Fran :shock:

I would get a new special teams coach. They are terrible in every aspect of special teams.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4life » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Yes i knew this was going to come. i am not meaning to throw him under the bus, which is why i said i made voted probably a game too early. no doubt in my mind that this year Gus is the best option for the Vikes, but what i meant was with one more loss, i don't see them getting any momentum going for the games after that. that is why i said Booty, just because i think that in the future he will be the best option the Vikes have, and what better way to learn the system them first hand game experience.
On top of it all, i no longer believe that the QB position is what is hurting them the most. Cedric Griffin is the one cornerback in the NFL that i can honestly say i believe when the ball is thrown his way, the reciever is going to catch it or Griffin is going to get an interference call. The guy is NOT GOOD! I am a die-hard Vikes fan, but i am getting to the point to where i sometimes can't stand watching their defensive possessions because of their secondary.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:55 am

I feel for ya baseball, I'm a "Boys" fan, and when they were down in the cellar(Jimmy days), I just about jumped ship. But hang in there, one down the old "purple people eaters" will be back w/Booty leading them. What they need is a true leader on the field of play. W/Booty, I too believe they will have one.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:23 am

ndfan wrote:THEY CAN HAVE BRAD JOHNSON BACK ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH :evil:

Not a bad idea, he was able to lead the team without Peterson and Berion. : :lol:
Last edited by NE B-Baller 242 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:04 am

baseball4life wrote:...childress has to bite the bullet and stick him (Booty) out there...

Thats just what he wants to do play for next year when he might not be there. Childress needs to do everything in his power to win this year. The answer is Gus Frerotte and its not close.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:19 am

I'm not sure it matters who they start. They lack PLAYMAKERS on offense.....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:14 am

scruffy wrote:I'm not sure it matters who they start. They lack PLAYMAKERS on offense.....

I'm not buying this theory when Miami, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Washington and Houston have all out gained the Vikings.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:47 pm

scruffy wrote:I'm not sure it matters who they start. They lack PLAYMAKERS on offense.....

what about the best running back tandem in the nfl. I would consider them playmakers and I am sure that all of the teams that minnesota plays would too. As far as quarterback, frerotte is better than tjack at this point, however jdb and bollinger are learning a lot from him which will benefit us after hes gone.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:32 am

ndbsktbllfan wrote:

what about the best running back tandem in the nfl. I would consider them playmakers and I am sure that all of the teams that minnesota plays would too. As far as quarterback, frerotte is better than tjack at this point, however jdb and bollinger are learning a lot from him which will benefit us after hes gone.

Bollinger doesn't even play for the Vikings anymore
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:16 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:

last I knew he did, or maybe he is on the practice squad. Anyhow, JDB is the future of the vikes, he is going to be another tom brady :wink: maybe just wishful thinking
ndbsktbllfan

Postby bballfan7 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:53 pm

ndbsktbllfan wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:

last I knew he did, or maybe he is on the practice squad. Anyhow, JDB is the future of the vikes, he is going to be another tom brady :wink: maybe just wishful thinking

He hasnt been on the roster all year haha, he plays for the cowboys now even got a start when Romo was hurt.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:38 pm

11-16 163 yards 4 TD 0INT.....does he have his job even if Frerotte can go next week?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 pm

baseball wrote:11-16 163 yards 4 TD 0INT.....does he have his job even if Frerotte can go next week?

Haha... tough call at this point. the thing about it is, he has had very good games before (none like this however), and then he goes back to the old Jackson. If he continues playing like this today, i think that Childress is gonna have to start him next week, simply because Frerotte isn't doing what Jackson has done so far today. Just my 2 cents.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:40 pm

baseball4life wrote:
baseball wrote:11-16 163 yards 4 TD 0INT.....does he have his job even if Frerotte can go next week?

Haha... tough call at this point. the thing about it is, he has had very good games before (none like this however), and then he goes back to the old Jackson. If he continues playing like this today, i think that Childress is gonna have to start him next week, simply because Frerotte isn't doing what Jackson has done so far today. Just my 2 cents.

If jackson continues to play like he did today, he could have been a pro bowl selection. Every quarterback has a good game once in a while. I am still skeptical though, I love the vikes and I dont want to get my hopes up. I didnt know how to act tonight, watching him play like that. amazing :shock:
ndbsktbllfan

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:00 am

ndbsktbllfan wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:

Ok first all, you should not be talking in this forum. You don't even know who's your team. So leave this up to vikings fans only. Yeah I bet Bollinger is learning a lot watching Gus while in Dallas. Back to the point, its tough to say JDB or any 3rd string quarterback for that matter in the NFL is the future of the vikes or any franchise.. Highly unlikely. It would be nice if he turned out great bout doubtful.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 am

bisonslayer wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:

Ok first all, you should not be talking in this forum. You don't even know who's your team. So leave this up to vikings fans only. Yeah I bet Bollinger is learning a lot watching Gus while in Dallas. Back to the point, its tough to say JDB or any 3rd string quarterback for that matter in the NFL is the future of the vikes or any franchise.. Highly unlikely. It would be nice if he turned out great bout doubtful.

ok number one, who are you to say whether someone should stay or go, I have been a fan of the vikes for 20 years. Secondly, tom brady was drafted in the later rounds, and he is actually considered by most as the best qb in the business. (you dont even know whos your team) :roll: take a grammar lesson or two. Beside that point jdb was considered as one of the better gunslingers coming out of college last year, and the kid does have potential otherwise why would he have started for the most prestigious college football program in the land.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby Flip » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:57 am

I really hope JDB isn't the future of Vikings. There is a reason he was taken in the 5th round. I really wasn't that impressed with Jackson yesterday. He still took 3 sacks that were basically his own fault because he never got rid of the ball. His TD pass to Berrian was a force, granted it was a perfect throw. Nothing seemed special to me. He looked like a QB should when the entire defense is lined up to stop the Peterson. Saying that, he was WAY better than he was early in the season. He might be a better option than Frerotte too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Flip wrote:I really hope JDB isn't the future of Vikings. There is a reason he was taken in the 5th round. I really wasn't that impressed with Jackson yesterday. He still took 3 sacks that were basically his own fault because he never got rid of the ball. His TD pass to Berrian was a force, granted it was a perfect throw. Nothing seemed special to me. He looked like a QB should when the entire defense is lined up to stop the Peterson. Saying that, he was WAY better than he was early in the season. He might be a better option than Frerotte too.

now that you point that out, I have realized that you are right. I was just blinded by the plays he did make. I like jdb though, if he isnt the future, what do you think will happen with him. I just want to see how he does, throw him to the wolves.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby Roughrider » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:37 pm

right now i would take Jackson to lead this team into the playoffs. I have been a huge critic of Jackson for the last three years but Gus is just getting too old and cant make the plays anymore. Jackson is giving this team a spark and i think they should give him a chance to at least finish out, and for right now should be the starter for next year until either he fails or another good viable otion has emerged
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things