The new vikings

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

The new vikings

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:49 am

What do guys think about the production from our very expensive offseason additions:
Jared Allen, Bernaird Berrian, and Madieu Williams
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Re: The new vikings

Postby The Schwab » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:50 am

well williams hasn't played...Berrian drops alot of balls.....Allen is good.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:53 pm

I think the new acquisitions are good. Berrian needs to get over his dropsies and Williams needs to get healthy and step up. But that offense is absolutely terrible. Horrible. Disgusting. Embarrassing. Unimaginative. Ugly. Nasty.

Chili's got to go
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Hinsa wrote:I think the new acquisitions are good. Berrian needs to get over his dropsies and Williams needs to get healthy and step up. But that offense is absolutely terrible. Horrible. Disgusting. Embarrassing. Unimaginative. Ugly. Nasty.

Chili's got to go

Ditto
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:01 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:
Hinsa wrote:I think the new acquisitions are good. Berrian needs to get over his dropsies and Williams needs to get healthy and step up. But that offense is absolutely terrible. Horrible. Disgusting. Embarrassing. Unimaginative. Ugly. Nasty.

Chili's got to go

Ditto

I just don't get where people are getting the idea of Childress is a playcalling master mind. I have sat and watched a 5th grade Y league football team with a better playbook the Childress has shown this year!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:47 am

baseball4life wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

Chili's got to go

Ditto

I just don't get where people are getting the idea of Childress is a playcalling master mind. I have sat and watched a 5th grade Y league football team with a better playbook the Childress has shown this year!

amen to that, all he does is give to AD on 1st and second down, and on 3rd and four we watch Shiancoe or Berian drop a 10 yd slant. GET CHESTER TAYLOR INVOLVED
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:47 am

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

Chili's got to go

Ditto

amen to that, all he does is give to AD on 1st and second down, and on 3rd and four we watch Shiancoe or Berian drop a 10 yd slant. GET CHESTER TAYLOR INVOLVED

true, I fell over when they ran the half back pass with chester in the falcons game. but yea, totally agree with everything
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:14 pm

Vikings squeaked out another one....their best player? The officials! Could have been a loss if not for a couple of questionable calls.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Childress has got to go. Fire Childress. Childress has got to go. Fire Childress. Childress has got to go. Fire Childress.

I don't know who the head coach should be, but bring back someone like Linehan or Billick as O-coordinator.

Childress has no clue. Fire Childress. Childress has no clue. Fire Childress. Childress has no clue.

I can see why Andy Reid called the plays when Childress was his O-coordinator. Childress had no clue. Still has no clue. Never will have a clue.

Good Grief it's painful to watch.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:35 pm

If the Vikings fire Childress midseason it will be after they play the Bears. I don't think they will though. If they do you have to hire a coordinator or assistant to be the HC, probably Leslie Frazier. And you can't bring in a new OC in the middle of the season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:42 am

Now the teams number one priority will be getting two new defensive tackles ready to go. It looks like the Williams boys might have a month off....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby basebizzal » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 pm

scruffy wrote:Now the teams number one priority will be getting two new defensive tackles ready to go. It looks like the Williams boys might have a month off....
ya total blow to the team...if things keep tanking...fire childress and start jackson again...may as well try and get him some more expierence if the vikings arnt smart enough to get a GOOD quarterback in the offseason
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:41 am

childress has not done that bad guys... ya his play calling is a bit out of wack, but they are scoring points... a win this sunday against green bay and a loss for chicago and they are back tied atop the division... the fans at the games are embarrasing to listen to on tv...jeez especially today, when childress decides to kneel on the one and end the game and the fans start booing...uncalled for, hopefully i can put the fans in line when i'm at the vikes/packers game this coming weekend :) third row in the end zone...the schwab will be there with me!
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scruffy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 am

BballFan1307 wrote:childress has not done that bad guys... ya his play calling is a bit out of wack, but they are scoring points... a win this sunday against green bay and a loss for chicago and they are back tied atop the division... the fans at the games are embarrasing to listen to on tv...jeez especially today, when childress decides to kneel on the one and end the game and the fans start booing...uncalled for, hopefully i can put the fans in line when i'm at the vikes/packers game this coming weekend :) third row in the end zone...the schwab will be there with me!

The viking fans take the cake... Very fair weather type... The fans is what make that team so easy to dislike.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:18 am

NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:46 am

NDSportsFan wrote:Kinds like these guys?

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=gnb

No their fans are very loyal, they'vefilled the stadium for 45 years and have over 70,000 on their season ticket waiting list! Makes me wonder though about those leftist leaning high tax states . Big ten football country isn't what it used to be. :P
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:59 pm

scruffy wrote:No their fans are very loyal, they'vefilled the stadium for 45 years and have over 70,000 on their season ticket waiting list!

This ins't true. Waiting list for season tickets is zero. Over the past few seasons the local Fox affiliate has bought thousands of tickets to avoid blackouts.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 am

The link that scruffy was talking about is for a Green Bay Packer site. He's talking about the Packers.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Well, i don't know why i got my hopes up, because they pulled the typical vikes "get people excited and turn out to be a fluke"
Childress has to go, case and point, look at the vikings last possession of the first half, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, did he want to get into field goal range, or did he want to run out the clock, figure it out!!!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball99 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:10 am

The Vikings need to draft a QB, plain and simple.
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:55 pm

bball99 wrote:The Vikings need to draft a QB, plain and simple.

they need to draft some talent actually. a qb is not their problem. they need a good one, but they already have a decent one. it is not t-jacks fault nor gus, if the coaches could teach them better maybe they have a chance. the vikings only depend on adrian peterson, and so they dont have an explosive passing game. maybe the vikings need to gain a new quaterback coach.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:09 pm

TheYessMan wrote:

they need to draft some talent actually. a qb is not their problem. they need a good one, but they already have a decent one. it is not t-jacks fault nor gus, if the coaches could teach them better maybe they have a chance. the vikings only depend on adrian peterson, and so they dont have an explosive passing game. maybe the vikings need to gain a new quaterback coach.

Are you kidding me right now? if they really "DEPENDED" on A.P. they would give him the ball 35 times a game, what does he average. like 20 carries?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:58 am

The Schwab wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

Are you kidding me right now? if they really "DEPENDED" on A.P. they would give him the ball 35 times a game, what does he average. like 20 carries?

without A.P. the vikings would not score any points. are you kidding me? without adrian i garuntee the viking would look worse than they are now. plain and simple adrian peterson carried the vikings into the playoffs, but their only game,which is the running game, was stopped. the viking had no power over the air, and the eagles took advantage of it. may this be an image in your head, "ASANTE SAMUEL picking the ball and taking it to the house. T-Jack got JACKED up by an eagle and got thrown down." the vikings need some talent at the qb level, and so they should hire a new quaterback coach to teach him how to do his job. many people blame the players for being bad, but isn't it just as much fault from the coach as it is from their players?
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:36 pm

TheYessMan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

without A.P. the vikings would not score any points. are you kidding me? without adrian i garuntee the viking would look worse than they are now. plain and simple adrian peterson carried the vikings into the playoffs, but their only game,which is the running game, was stopped. the viking had no power over the air, and the eagles took advantage of it. may this be an image in your head, "ASANTE SAMUEL picking the ball and taking it to the house. T-Jack got JACKED up by an eagle and got thrown down." the vikings need some talent at the qb level, and so they should hire a new quaterback coach to teach him how to do his job. many people blame the players for being bad, but isn't it just as much fault from the coach as it is from their players?

Their Run Defense is what wins them games, along with A.P. I'm not saying he's not good. He's probably the best running back in football....but QB isn't the only problem. And they do have a pretty darn good back in Chester Taylor. I hope they don't let him slip away, because i think we would see Chester Taylor do similar things that Micheal Turner did this year if he's let go
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:57 pm

The Schwab wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

Their Run Defense is what wins them games, along with A.P. I'm not saying he's not good. He's probably the best running back in football....but QB isn't the only problem. And they do have a pretty darn good back in Chester Taylor. I hope they don't let him slip away, because i think we would see Chester Taylor do similar things that Micheal Turner did this year if he's let go

chester taylor is good, but he is getting up there in age.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things