Eli or Peyton - who's better?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Eli or Peyton - who's better?

Postby BB11 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:18 am

Article on this on ESPN.com - they made a pretty good argument for Eli - but I would still pick Peyton.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Re: Eli or Peyton - who's better?

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:24 pm

I would also pick Peyton.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:34 am

R U kinding Peyton is currently way better then Eli.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:47 am

well then just to be different ....I'll go with Eli....currently a 20 point higher qb rating. Undefeated team, coming off the greatest upset in super bowl history.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cornerback*22* » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 pm

peyton
cornerback*22*

Postby football_1 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:49 am

i think this year eli will have his year over peyton, but by the end of both of their careers peyton will be known as the better qb
football_1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:16 am

Now, it's Eli because of the team he has around him. It's amazing how the other ten on the field play a major role in making good quarterbacks great! Despite what the media wants us to believe..football is still a team sport and it starts in the trenches. Our media just wants to develop a few "superstars" as they continue to make the game of football go Hollywood...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:52 pm

I have to go Eli....Peyton is missing ALOT of passes he usually doesnt. just doesnt look in sync with his recievers.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:20 pm

I cant believe that you think that eli is better than peyton. Not even close, of the two, which do you think most nfl teams would rather have for the same price. Thats right peyton, he is even better than his dad archie, maybe the best of all time. Imagine what he would do with a jerry rice, no disrespect to harrison.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby Roughrider » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Eli Manning to me is one of the most OVERRATED players in the NFL today right along with Tony Romo. Yeah Eli won a SuperBowl but not because he won it. The whole last year was awful, he had some terrible stats. The only reason he won the SuperBowl was because of their great Defense. Peyton Manning is probably the smartest player ever to play Quarterback in the NFL. He calls the game himself, what other quarterback in the NFL or history has ever done that. There is no question that Peyton is a MILLION times better than his brother.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm not disagreeing with your belief that Peyton is better - and it is a rarity now for most QB's to call a lot or most of their teams offensive plays - but pretty much all QB's did that up until the late 70's. They didn't really start having offensive coordinators call plays until the 80's.
Correct me if I'm wrong - but listening to Bradshaw every Sunday - I do actually pick some intelligent things he says - and I know he called all his own plays during the heydey of his career.
Also - correct me if I'm wrong - but I think Jim Plunkett was the last QB to do this full-time - but that could just be an unfound rumor that I know I remember hearing.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:29 am

Roughrider wrote:Eli Manning to me is one of the most OVERRATED players in the NFL today right along with Tony Romo. Yeah Eli won a SuperBowl but not because he won it. The whole last year was awful, he had some terrible stats. The only reason he won the SuperBowl was because of their great Defense. Peyton Manning is probably the smartest player ever to play Quarterback in the NFL. He calls the game himself, what other quarterback in the NFL or history has ever done that. There is no question that Peyton is a MILLION times better than his brother.

AMEN brother, even comparing these two is a slap in the face for peyton, and just blowing sunshine up eli's $#@. know what I mean?
ndbsktbllfan

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things