MVP for Morneau?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Should Justin Morneau get the AL MVP?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes : 11

MVP for Morneau?

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:00 am

i personaly think he derserves it but the only thing that i think will keep him from getting it is the lack of home runs, but who knows
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Re: MVP for Morneau?

Postby baseball » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:27 am

Not unless the ChiSox pull a NYMets type of final week. 2.5 back with 7 to play.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:39 pm

so then who's going to get it? Hamilton? his teams been out of it since may...and idk if they'd give it to Cliff Lee
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:42 am

Pedroia, K-Rod - I don't think it will be Morneau unless he has a monster last week and gets the Twins in the playoffs.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:21 am

i believe that morneau and mauer will lead the twins to a 3 game sweep of the white sox this week at the metrodome. i think the twins will make the playoffs but only by .5 or 1 games
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:08 pm

The only way Morneau gets it is if the Twins make the playoffs. Otherwise i think you have to give K-Rod consideration, or Pedroria.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:10 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:The only way Morneau gets it is if the Twins make the playoffs. Otherwise i think you have to give K-Rod consideration, or Pedroria.

If a pitcher gets it, it should be cliff lee
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:53 pm

I certainly wouldn't argue with Cliff Lee getting it, but I think he'll get the Cy Young and K-Rod could get the MVP because of the save record.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Hinsa wrote:I certainly wouldn't argue with Cliff Lee getting it, but I think he'll get the Cy Young and K-Rod could get the MVP because of the save record.

I'm not sayin KROD's record isn't impressive....but his team is stacked..and they do play in the AL west...which was over in early june lol
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 pm

I dont' think Cliff Lee should get it. Cy young definitely, but not MVP. He's team hasn't been in the playoff picture all year. I think to win the MVP you need to carry the team to at least a pennant chase. I can see KROD getting it even tho his team is stacked. I think Morneau has the best chance out of all the everyday players as long as the Twins can make another late push this week or win their division.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:41 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I dont' think Cliff Lee should get it. Cy young definitely, but not MVP. He's team hasn't been in the playoff picture all year. I think to win the MVP you need to carry the team to at least a pennant chase. I can see KROD getting it even tho his team is stacked. I think Morneau has the best chance out of all the everyday players as long as the Twins can make another late push this week or win their division.

Team standing should not be taken into the MVP race, I know i brought it up in krod's save record, but how many of those saves have been 1 run game on the line save opportunities?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:45 pm

22...i answered my own question haha
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 pm

The fact is, tho, that team standings do factor into the voters decision whether they'd like to admit it or not. You said it yourself, Schwab, Hamilton won't get MVP cause the Ranger have been out of it since May.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:The fact is, tho, that team standings do factor into the voters decision whether they'd like to admit it or not. You said it yourself, Schwab, Hamilton won't get MVP cause the Ranger have been out of it since May.

So then Morneau should get it?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I dont' think Cliff Lee should get it. Cy young definitely, but not MVP. He's team hasn't been in the playoff picture all year. I think to win the MVP you need to carry the team to at least a pennant chase. I can see KROD getting it even tho his team is stacked. I think Morneau has the best chance out of all the everyday players as long as the Twins can make another late push this week or win their division.

A pitcher cant carry his team any more then a 22-2 record...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:13 am

Yeah, I can't see anyone else in the AL getting it besides Morneau. I know Cliff Lee has carried his team, but they aren't in a pennant race. In my opinion, the MVP should have his team in a pennant chase in Sept.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:28 pm

It's not too cool that Freddy Garcia, Ozzie Guillen's brother-in-law, is the one who has to pitch the final game against the White Sox to see if they make the playoffs.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things