Boys HS vs Womens College

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Boys HS vs Womens College

Postby blob » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:07 pm

I have talked about this with some of my buddies and would like to see some other opinions.

Do you think a top HS boys team (Oak Hill, not a top ND team) could take on say the lady Gophers?
blob
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Boys HS vs Womens College

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:30 pm

I hope you're joking.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:44 pm

You can't possibly be serious. A top ND team could take on the lady gophers. Half of basketball is size and power.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Oak Hill could beat a WNBA team pretty handily. I think some of the top ND teams could beat some good D1 Women's programs out there
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:34 pm

baseball18 wrote:Oak Hill could beat a WNBA team pretty handily. I think some of the top ND teams could beat some good D1 Women's programs out there

I think you are dreaming! Seriously, give the ladies some credit.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:38 am

tellmeaboutit wrote:
baseball18 wrote:Oak Hill could beat a WNBA team pretty handily. I think some of the top ND teams could beat some good D1 Women's programs out there

it has nothing to do with giving credit...it has to deal with athleticism...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:26 am

A few years back there was a story in SI (at least I think it was SI) about Pat Summitt(sp) and the Tennessee Lady Volunteers. In the story it mentioned how the Lady Vols regularly practiced against men. In one of the practices they were playing a game and men won the game, which according to the story rarely happened.

Also, in the past year I remember reading a chat on ESPN with David Thorpe. In the chat someone asked him if a man with a few years of playing in college was allowed to play in the WNBA would he easily be MVP. Thorpe answered that he wouldn't even be close to the MVP of the WNBA.

Take the stories for what their worth.

How about Team USA vs. the class A state champion?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:56 am

Flip wrote:A few years back there was a story in SI (at least I think it was SI) about Pat Summitt(sp) and the Tennessee Lady Volunteers. In the story it mentioned how the Lady Vols regularly practiced against men. In one of the practices they were playing a game and men won the game, which according to the story rarely happened.

Also, in the past year I remember reading a chat on ESPN with David Thorpe. In the chat someone asked him if a man with a few years of playing in college was allowed to play in the WNBA would he easily be MVP. Thorpe answered that he wouldn't even be close to the MVP of the WNBA.

Take the stories for what their worth.

How about Team USA vs. the class A state champion?

Team USA is taller than the Class A state champion and they have Candace Parker, which is also why the Lady Vols could beat men, in my opinion.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 am

tellmeaboutit wrote:

Credit? There's a big difference between the two... speed, athleticism, and physicality. The difference of physicalness is beyond me and it doesn't even come close. Oak Hill could beat several WNBA teams pretty good. Oak Hill has players just about every year who could compete in the NBA. Think Carmelo, Kevin Durant, Brandon Jennings. You have to realize the difference between the two types of games. It has nothing to do with not giving credit.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby thejoker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:21 am

baseball18 wrote:
tellmeaboutit wrote:

Credit? There's a big difference between the two... speed, athleticism, and physicality. The difference of physicalness is beyond me and it doesn't even come close. Oak Hill could beat several WNBA teams pretty good. Oak Hill has players just about every year who could compete in the NBA. Think Carmelo, Kevin Durant, Brandon Jennings. You have to realize the difference between the two types of games. It has nothing to do with not giving credit.

You're right, the athleticism one is big, just look at Candace Parker. She's dunked it once or twice in the WNBA and now she's a global icon. If you can't dunk and you're in the NBA, you're in the large minority
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:32 am

You could be the 3rd guy off the bench at Oak Hill and still get a scholarship toa decent college program. Oak hill is basically a prep for the NBA...or atleast was until the rule change. IMO......Oak Hill would win the WNBA Championship....not just compete.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cornerback*22* » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:52 pm

any good high school team can beat college girls, they arent as quick, fast, strong, tall, skilled, and athletic as dudes, they would get dommed, hard-period. and they would be so mad *Edited by moderator
cornerback*22*

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:13 am

I saw 2 girls from UND's team beat a Mayville state men's player and one of his buddies that doesn't play BB in college.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:19 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2281644

It's from a few years back, though.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dareybuck » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:01 pm

that last comment on a mayville state guy. mayville is a depressing thought.
i think if you took a team like last years state championship team in A, they could probly make the WNBA playoffs with a winning record.

lets face it, it would take an amazing athlete with a bunch of training to compete on a "higher" level with MOST mens teams.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 pm

well i can bet that a lot of class b and a boys teams could beat any girls college team in nd, maybe not like unc or something, but they would definelty compete and not lose by a lot, how tall are the girl post players in D1 college, like 6.4 or so?
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:40 pm

A top ND high school team could probably beat any ND womens college team and possible the lady gophers. But a top program like Tennesse or UCONN or a WNBA team NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby dowork » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 pm

i think if you put a top highschool boys team against a top college girls team the boys would win everytime. I would like to watch the MacDonalds highschool allstar team against the womens olympic team.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby numba3511 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:26 pm

dowork wrote:i think if you put a top highschool boys team against a top college girls team the boys would win everytime. I would like to watch the MacDonalds highschool allstar team against the womens olympic team.

haha good point. the highschool allstars would dominate..
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things