ND "Titletown"

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

ND "Titletown"

Postby iplod34 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:10 pm

just got done watching sportscenters segment about titletowns and i got to wondering what would be ND's titletowns? got any? and why? maybe top ten?
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Re: ND "Titletown"

Postby project-pat » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Bowman?....41 State XC championships...other reasons stated under the "08 Cross Country" topic under "other sports"

very successful track showing too...
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 pm

I think if I'm picking a town I take Bismarck because of the success of BHS, CHS, and SCHS.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:02 pm

since 2000 Dickinson has had many great championships with Trinity and Dickinson High, Trinity with their football,basketball, and track programs including the 2005-06 season when landon smith led the titans to a triple crown in track,football, and basketball and Dickinson High has also had a season to remember in the 2006-07 season when they won basketball, baseball, gymnastics and volleyball in the same year
Last edited by Mauer07 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 pm

I would think that Linton would have to be considered in any type of discussion for a Class B Titletown. They have respectable teams every year in wrestling, BBB, GBB, and FB. I think their VB team has improved over the past couple of years, too. If we are talking about sport specific, MPCG for BBB would be up there, Thompson for VB, and Bottineau for GBB.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:56 am

Jamestown -> Girls Class A XC

New Town -> Boys Class B XC
stoaxc2004

Postby Baller » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:03 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:Jamestown -> Girls Class A XC

No...if we are talking Cross Country, you have to have Bowman and their tradition.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby iplod34 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:30 pm

how bout a class a school in every sport and class b school?
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:34 pm

iplod34 wrote:how bout a class a school in every sport and class b school?

I am going to throw out Bismarck High and Fargo South just by their sheer numbers of state championships for Class A.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballdude101 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:41 am

how about napolean wrestling? how many in a row have they won is it 7?
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Baller wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:Jamestown -> Girls Class A XC

No...if we are talking Cross Country, you have to have Bowman and their tradition.

Bowman was already stated earlier...I was just naming some others!
stoaxc2004

Postby shs01240 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:20 pm

I know it doesn't hold true today, but Cichy dynasty at Shanley has to be in the discussion.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby stoaxc2004 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:27 am

Thompson for VB
stoaxc2004

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:02 pm

So is this title town, or good job you excell at 1 sport, i read title town.
with that being stated its either Bismarck or Fargo
Being from Bismarck i will take it, someone from Fargo or knows a lot about Fargo athletics can debate?
BHS tons of TITLES (not just doing good or improving) wrestling, football, basketball lots of other stuff that idk of
CHS boys and girls soccer tennis good at sports that i really dont care about :(
SMCHS great run of titles in the 90s baseball, football i know they were goood in the 70's too
SCHS i got nothin there
Than you got the city of Bismarck, Babe Ruth and Legion Baseball tons of titles, Capital city soccer lots of ships there too at all ages and ya i know i am forgetting a lot but there is more
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Saucesauer wrote:So is this title town, or good job you excell at 1 sport, i read title town.
Being from Bismarck i will take it, someone from Fargo or knows a lot about Fargo athletics can debate?
BHS tons of TITLES (not just doing good or improving) wrestling, football, basketball lots of other stuff that idk of
CHS boys and girls soccer tennis good at sports that i really dont care about :(
SMCHS great run of titles in the 90s baseball, football i know they were goood in the 70's too
SCHS i got nothin there
Than you got the city of Bismarck, Babe Ruth and Legion Baseball tons of titles, Capital city soccer lots of ships there too at all ages and ya i know i am forgetting a lot but there is more

If this is what this topic is getting at then I will have to agree with you. It has to be either Fargo or Bismarck. Bismarck having 4 high schools and Fargo having 5 high schools and a major college in North Dakota State. But then you would also have to give consideration to Grand Forks for the 2 high schools and a major college in the University of North Dakota!!
stoaxc2004

Postby Baller » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Fargo does not have 5 high schools....Fargo and West FArgo are two different towns and two different school districts.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:29 pm

My bad...I miss counted...they WILL have 5 high schools...SORRY!!
stoaxc2004

Postby thejoker » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:My bad...I miss counted...they WILL have 5 high schools...SORRY!!

What's the Fifth?
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:56 pm

They will have the new Davies High School in South Fargo soon...it is the new HS in Fargo that will split Fargo South; basically everyone south of 32nd Ave S. will be going to Davies HS and everyone between Main Ave and 32nd Ave S. will be at Fargo South! The other Fargo schools are Fargo Shanley, Fargo North, and Class B Fargo Oak Grove!!
stoaxc2004

Postby thejoker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 am

since this really doesn't have to do with Titletown...I'm going to start a new topic

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5457
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:17 pm

I agree with saucesauer and this topic is "title town" and not "most championships in one sport". It's hard to argue against any of the larger cities to be title town ND, but what class B towns would be a title town? I'd have to put MayPort and Linton at the top of my list based on a number of championships and state appearances in all HS sports. Anyone have any others?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:12 am

stoaxc2004 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:So is this title town, or good job you excell at 1 sport, i read title town.
SCHS i got nothin there

If this is what this topic is getting at then I will have to agree with you. It has to be either Fargo or Bismarck. Bismarck having 4 high schools and Fargo having 5 high schools and a major college in North Dakota State. But then you would also have to give consideration to Grand Forks for the 2 high schools and a major college in the University of North Dakota!!

I considered GF but with the 20 years of know i have i couldnt say it, yes couple nat titles and tons of hockey, but other than puck i couldnt really think of anything they have??? someone from GF can enligten us!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby old lineman » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Class A used to be Shanley, then Fargo South, Now Bismarck
Class b May-Port, Trinity will take away the crown
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cornerback*22* » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm

balla45 wrote:I think if I'm picking a town I take Bismarck because of the success of BHS, CHS, and SCHS.

most definitely, and they do it at the highest level, not some class B bull
cornerback*22*

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:32 pm

What is your problem with class B?? This is about the 4-5 topic where you've smashed class B athletes and schools. How much easier is it to win a title against 20 teams compared to over 100???
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things