Love or Mayo

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Love or Mayo

Postby The stokker » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Would you have kept mayo or traded for love?
The stokker

Re: Love or Mayo

Postby project-pat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:40 pm

kept mayo...he's the future...
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:48 am

Mayo no question. Love is an undersized Center (height wise) and not agile enough to match the 4s in the NBA.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:54 am

I also agree on Mayo if you are just looking at the two of them. but looking at the trade that they made it might not be all that bad after all with the players that the wolves got through the trade. i think that in that trade they gained more then they lost, if you are looking at the immediate future.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:29 pm

If it was just a straight up trade I'd take Mayo over Love but not by much. But if you can get a perimeter player like Mike Miller and get of a player with a big contract who isn't worth squat to you (Marco Jaric) and you can get the guy you really wanted to pick other then Mayo. Its sad to know that a guy like Marco Jaric will make 21 million dollars the next THREE years for being a horse crap player in the NBA.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:34 am

Guess what the T-Wolves skewed up another trade/draft pick
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:39 pm

ndfan wrote:If it was just a straight up trade I'd take Mayo over Love but not by much. But if you can get a perimeter player like Mike Miller and get of a player with a big contract who isn't worth squat to you (Marco Jaric) and you can get the guy you really wanted to pick other then Mayo. Its sad to know that a guy like Marco Jaric will make 21 million dollars the next THREE years for being a horse crap player in the NBA.

I agree with your analysis. IF they were trading Mayo for Love straight up, then it would have been a stupid trade. But I like the fact that they got rid of Marko Jaric's stupid contract, and Mike Miller is a great shooter. And the Wolves have multiple first round picks this year.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 pm

According to the mock draft they will have 4 first round picks. And according to this they will pick Mayo's heir apparent from USC.

http://www.nbadraft.net/mocks/2009_nba_mock_draft.html
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 pm

That would be a pretty sweet first round if they got those players , Derozan, Curry, Hansbrough, Heytveldt
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things