NFL Power Rankings

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

NFL Power Rankings

Postby Frogger_330 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:25 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerrank ... 008&week=0

The Packers still ahead of the Vikings...... :?

what do you think of that?
Frogger_330

Re: NFL Power Rankings

Postby Mod Bot » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Two factors could swing it one way or the other I think:

1. The Packers' quarterback (who is basically as game-tested now as he was the day he is drafted) makes or breaks that assessment of where the two teams stand. If he is average or good, I might consider it. If he is bad, nope.

2. The Vikings' defense sure seems salty on paper, especially the defensive line. Will it produce? If it doesn't, the nod goes to the Pack. If it does, Minnesota might be thinking of cancelling its vacation plans in January/February.
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun May 18, 2008 11:20 pm

Even if the Pack still had Brett Favre I would still put the Vikings ahead of the Pack.
Questions concering the Packers:
1) can Aaron Rogers stay healthy? as little as he has played the past 3 years he has managed to get hurt twice in games
2) is Ryan Grant for real? He basically came out of no where last year. If he isn't as good as he was last year the Pack don't have a chance imo.

I was in Vegas last week and it the Bears 8:1 to win the NFC and Vikings 10:1! Someone please explain that to me.

Oh yeah, all my opinions are completely biased towards the Vikings.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Mon May 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Comparing the two teams (Green Bay and minnesota), on offense I would give an edge to Green Bay at wide receiver and quarterback, I think the line is even and Minnesota gets the edge at runningback. On defense Green Bay gets the edge at linebacker and secondary and they're about even on the line. Special teams might be a wash. EDGE???? The team that scores the most and wins the games..... :?
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:51 pm

they are not about even on the line on d. minnesota has now 3 pro bowl starters compared to one for gb.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:14 am

BballFan1307 wrote:they are not about even on the line on d. minnesota has now 3 pro bowl starters compared to one for gb.

I'll add to this. KC Joyner, a writer for ESPN.com, said in a chat the Vikings might have the best defensive line in the last 20 years.

The Sporting News ranked the top 5 players at each position for each conference. Kevin Williams was the #1 DT in the NFC, Pat Williams was #2, and Jared Allen was the #1 DE in the NFC.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:39 pm

si.com has a writer who just picked the VIKINGS as his pre-season favorite to win the Super Bowl.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... ml?eref=T1

And i just heard on ESPN that the Packers are trying to trade for Jason Taylor. sounds like a desperation trade to try and keep up to the Vikes.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:53 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:si.com has a writer who just picked the VIKINGS as his pre-season favorite to win the Super Bowl.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... ml?eref=T1

And i just heard on ESPN that the Packers are trying to trade for Jason Taylor. sounds like a desperation trade to try and keep up to the Vikes.

did he really just call out a guy who had the sin pounded out of him and left for dead in an alley?? Hope Kevin Everett comes ready to play this year.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Why does minnesota always peak in the ratings in June or July????? :lol:
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 am

As a Vikings fan, I am worried, because how often does a sports writers "dark horse" pre-season team end up doing well. NEVER! The Vikings are now going to be the "sexy" pick, will be expected to win the NFC North and make the playoffs. It's great to hear outsiders have confidence in the Vikes for the first time in 5 years, but can't we wait until they have started the season at least?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:48 am

yeah i dont think the nfc has to worry about the vikings...i mean..of course they'll go AT LEAST 8-0 to start out the season...only to finish it out with a 9-7 record and just miss the playoffs. not to worry tho...they WILL be back the year after that...and the year after that...and so on............haha....poor viqueens fans
Playa_Hata10

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things