Class B Shot Clock?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Class B Shot Clock?

Postby ICU » Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm

I heard that one Region in Class B is trying out the shot clock next season? Not sure if it was boys or girls or both. I just want to know if anyone else has heard this and heard what region or teams are involved?
ICU

Re: Class B Shot Clock?

Postby ICU » Thu May 08, 2008 9:11 am

scc wrote:I thought Class B was going to use it in invitational tournaments. I don't think it goes beyond that scope.

Do you know which tournaments those would be?
ICU

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu May 08, 2008 10:06 am

I think it will mostly be used at Class B days held in Class A gyms that already have shot clocks installed. I really doubt any Class B schools will put shot clocks in their gyms.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu May 08, 2008 10:38 am

Will the Roughrider at DT use the shot clock since they installed them last year??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ICU » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm

baseball wrote:Will the Roughrider at DT use the shot clock since they installed them last year??

I would like to go watch some class b games that use the shot clock next year so if anyone knows which games or sites are using them, your information is valuable to me. Thanks
ICU

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu May 08, 2008 1:31 pm

I don't even think most of these tournaments or class B days organizers have even decided that yet. The NDHSAA just gave them the option to use it if they'd like. I know Devils Lake holds a class B day around the 3rd weekend in Jan, Minot holds a shootout on the prairie in December I believe, and GF Central has a class B day in mid January, too. These would be some of your best bets to see a shotclock used in Class B bball and see some great matchups as well.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu May 08, 2008 1:44 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I don't even think most of these tournaments or class B days organizers have even decided that yet. The NDHSAA just gave them the option to use it if they'd like. I know Devils Lake holds a class B day around the 3rd weekend in Jan, Minot holds a shootout on the prairie in December I believe, and GF Central has a class B day in mid January, too. These would be some of your best bets to see a shotclock used in Class B bball and see some great matchups as well.

don't forget about the Comet Christmas Classic
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:47 pm

baseball wrote:Will the Roughrider at DT use the shot clock since they installed them last year??

From what I've heard yes. I also heard that they will be used at the Jamboree at the Bismarck Civic Center.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ICU » Fri May 09, 2008 10:10 am

chevyman11 wrote:

From what I've heard yes. I also heard that they will be used at the Jamboree at the Bismarck Civic Center.

Thanks for the input. I will have to check back in next year closer to the season.
ICU

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things