with the 47th overall pick, the Vikings select....

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

with the 47th overall pick, the Vikings select....

Postby Frogger_330 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:05 pm

QB, Brian Brohm, Louisville Cardinals
Frogger_330

Re: with the 47th overall pick, the Vikings select....

Postby andy_7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:02 pm

might as well trade the rest of there picks for ocho-cinco now
andy_7

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:02 pm

I'd guess the best offensive tackle prospect that's available. There should still be some good ones available, they say this draft is deep on the O line.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The stokker » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Best OT avalible.. pretty deep in that spot..haha with the 17th overall pick the 73rd 82nd picks the vikings select jared allen.. Pretty boring first day for the vikes take an OT and go to sleep... haha ya i agree with andy how about trading the rest of the picks for chad j
The stokker

Postby The Schwab » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:40 pm

The stokker wrote:Best OT avalible.. pretty deep in that spot..haha with the 17th overall pick the 73rd 82nd picks the vikings select jared allen.. Pretty boring first day for the vikes take an OT and go to sleep... haha ya i agree with andy how about trading the rest of the picks for chad j

Alright.....so we should get Chad Johnson...we already had a wide out with WAY more talent and less personal problems, who we traded for Napoleon Harris and Troy Williamson.....why would we want him
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:04 pm

good point schwab. i say they take o-line at the 47. They will probably pick up a qb maybe john david booty or andre woodsen in the later rounds.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:26 pm

i think they should take a qb in the later rounds and get a OT at 47. tjack may surprise some people this year. the vikes are gonna win there division this year!
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby andy_7 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:55 pm

A saftey? I don't quite understand trading up to get a guy that will be a backup at least for 2yrs. I would have liked them to have drafted Brohm here or even jackson or one of those wideouts that were available.
andy_7

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:14 pm

i think they shouldve stayed with the 47th pick and taken fred davis te out of usc. shiancoe just isnt cutting it. they dont need brohm or henne they can get a qb in the later rounds. Give Tavaris some time. He was 8-4 last year. They lost all four games that he didnt play in. Yeah, he doesnt make great decisions but it will come, he at leasts wins some games.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Frogger_330 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Can anyone explain why they passed on Brian Brohm??? i was amazed he was still available for thier selection.....

i guess you can show confidence in T-Jack, but BRIAN BROHM might just Haunt our Vikes for many years over in Green Bay :x
Frogger_330

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:44 pm

vikings just took john david booty with pick 137. I think he has the making to be a very good pro quarterback. If jackson slips up, i think booty maybe lookin at the startin job next year.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Frogger_330 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:01 am

BballFan1307 wrote:good point schwab. i say they take o-line at the 47. They will probably pick up a qb maybe john david booty or andre woodsen in the later rounds.

Good Call BballFan !!!

but i would have rather seen players that could help out NOW..... i know thier Saftey will sit behind Sharper for a year or two, but they could have picked WR's Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly at that point....they could start instantly over Bobby Wade at the 3rd reciever/ slot position

i am a little disapointed with no TE selected when they could have Picked Kellen Davis in one of the later rounds .... again the drafted for the future with a DT to sit behind the Williams wall .......
Frogger_330

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:09 am

yeah no kidding, they could use some help..now. i see they picked up a guy they think might take over for Pat Williams when he's done. I did like the pick of John David Booty, i think he could be the future of the vikings. He's a winner. Not a flashy guy, just gets the job done. The safety....well i dont think i wouldve went there. With that pick...i wouldve went with maybe fred davis te from usc. Another thing wouldve been nice if they coudlve traded a pick for Owen Schmitt FB from WV, that guy is crazy and i think he's gota good future in the NFL.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things