North Dakota Mountain Biking

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

North Dakota Mountain Biking

Postby 1athelete » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Where are the best spots around ND to go for a good ride. I know of the trails behind BSC in Bismarck but thats about it.
1athelete
NDPreps Reserve

Re: North Dakota Mountain Biking

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:10 pm

I'd suggest one of these. I haven't been on any though, I spend my summers trying to get on a lake.

http://www.singletracks.com/php/databas ... terms=name
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:56 pm

i've heard people talking quite a bit about the mah de hey (probably slaughtered the spelling there) trail out by medora. haven't ever seen it myself, but apparently people like them quite a bit.
rep

Postby 1athelete » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:47 pm

I know the Maah Daah Hey is about 100 miles in length and is loved by many bikers not only around ND but around the region.
1athelete
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Thu May 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Personally, I like the mountains of western Montana. Great trails out there.....Maah Daah Hey for ND is all right but I wish it was easier to access it at some mid-points for the times a person doesn't have the time to bike it all. In South Dakota the Michealson trail in the Black Hills is great and it runs the entire length of the Black Hills. It's an old converted rail line and you can hop on and off where ever you want.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Is there some kind of mountain biking group in ND or any events held throughout the summer? I'd like to get into the sport, but don't really know how. Any help???
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1athelete » Sat May 17, 2008 12:25 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Is there some kind of mountain biking group in ND or any events held throughout the summer? I'd like to get into the sport, but don't really know how. Any help???

There are a couple events being held in bismarck this summer. Epic Sports bike shop has information on a couple and also does the YMCA. That may be a start for you. Also, check with Bismarck Parks and Rec, they do a little with mountain biking.
1athelete
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat May 17, 2008 8:26 am

This months Horizons article, available at your local Piggly Wiggly.

http://www.ndhorizons.com/default.cfm?page=featurestory
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Sat May 17, 2008 8:28 am

scruffy wrote:Personally, I like the mountains of western Montana. Great trails out there.....Maah Daah Hey for ND is all right but I wish it was easier to access it at some mid-points for the times a person doesn't have the time to bike it all. In South Dakota the Michealson trail in the Black Hills is great and it runs the entire length of the Black Hills. It's an old converted rail line and you can hop on and off where ever you want.

Ahh, you brought back many memories... Hyalite Canyon outside Bozeman. Hundreds of miles of trails. Headin back there next week for a visit.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby 1athelete » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:19 am

Medora's Mah Da Hey trail is being expanded this year. It is already 100 + miles long and it is getting quite a bit of 36 inch wide trail built onto it.
1athelete
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things