2008 NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

2008 NBA Playoffs

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 am

East

1) Celtics vs
8) Hawks

4) Cavs
5) Wizards

3) Magic
6) Raptors

2) Pistons
7) 76ers

West

1) Lakers
8) Nuggets

4) Jazz
5) Rockets (home court)

3) Spurs
6) Suns

2) Hornets
7) Mavs
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: 2008 NBA Playoffs

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:47 am

Predictions?

Here are mine.

Celtics in 4, there might be a semi close game in game 3 or 4.
Wizards in 6, they wanted this matchup, they got it, plus the Cavs are playing fairly poor right now.
Magic in 7.
Pistons in 4.

Lakers in 7, the best #8 seed ever gives the Lakers all they can handle. I really want the Nuggets to win this one though.
Jazz in 6, Jazz will find a way to win one game on the road and close it out in 6. I really don't think Houston is that good.
Suns in 7, Suns get revenge on the Spurs.
Hornets in 7.

I like the Celts/Pistons and Suns/Jazz in the Conference finals.
Celtics over the Suns in the Finals.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:36 pm

1st round
lakers
rockets
suns
hornets

celtics
cavs
toronto
detroit

2nd round
lakers
suns

celtics
detroit

championship
suns in 6 over
detroit
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Nuggets are gonna upset the Lakers and make a run. This is the year they make a run!!!
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:16 pm

Celtics
Cavs
Raptors
Pistons

Nuggets
Jazz
Suns
Hornets

Celtics
Detroit

Jazz
Hornets

Celtics over Hornets in 6
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Frogger_330 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Celtics over the Lakers in 4 :D
Frogger_330

Postby busch3434 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:03 am

alright....after watching game 5 of the suns/spurs series, this hack-a-shaq crap away from the ball is complete crap. i understand fouling later in a game, but with 6 minutes left in every quarter away from the ball...what the heck!
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 am

busch3434 wrote:alright....after watching game 5 of the suns/spurs series, this hack-a-shaq crap away from the ball is complete crap. i understand fouling later in a game, but with 6 minutes left in every quarter away from the ball...what the heck!

just shows that the spurs are scared to play the suns in a REAL basketball game
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 am

busch3434 wrote:alright....after watching game 5 of the suns/spurs series, this hack-a-shaq crap away from the ball is complete crap. i understand fouling later in a game, but with 6 minutes left in every quarter away from the ball...what the heck!

theres no rule saying he HAS to be in the game. teams know thats what a game plan is to slow them down, take him out. not only does it not kill them from the line but also lets them play a faster game like they want to. the lineup of Amare, Diaw, Nash, Bell, and Barbosa is alot faster then any lineup with Shaq
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Thu May 15, 2008 9:08 pm

I'm not a big NBA fan. I never watch regular season games cause they put me to sleep but I really look forward to watchin the playoffs. This years playoffs are terrible! I'm gettin fed up with the home cookin officiating, big time! I turned off last nights Lakers-jazz game halfway thru the 4th cause I knew there was no way the Jazz were goin to win with those refs. Stern,*edited by moderator* come on! Only one team has a road win so far in the semi's? What do you all think?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Fri May 16, 2008 12:58 pm

The media wants LA and Boston in the finals and they have let the NBA know that. The officials have to obey those who hire them. :x
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm

scruffy wrote:The media wants LA and Boston in the finals and they have let the NBA know that. The officials have to obey those who hire them. :x

I've found a hole in your logic scruffy...the celtics were one of the best road teams in the NBA during the regular season, and in the postseason so far they are 0-5...so if anything, the refs are trying to prevent the celtics from making the finals..haha :P
project-pat

Postby scruffy » Fri May 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Now the league will try to correct this "problem" by allowing the Lakers to win one on the road!! :shock:
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri May 16, 2008 4:00 pm

scruffy wrote:Now the league will try to correct this "problem" by allowing the Lakers to win one on the road!! :shock:

haha I'm hoping and praying that you are right scruffy....KB4MVP!!! :D
project-pat

Postby baseball18 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:17 pm

spurs will beat pistons in 6
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Fri May 16, 2008 6:15 pm

project-pat wrote:
scruffy wrote:The media wants LA and Boston in the finals and they have let the NBA know that. The officials have to obey those who hire them. :x

I've found a hole in your logic scruffy...the celtics were one of the best road teams in the NBA during the regular season, and in the postseason so far they are 0-5...so if anything, the refs are trying to prevent the celtics from making the finals..haha :P

If all the home teams win then you stretch all the series to 7 games. More drama, more hype and more cash in TV and NBA pockets, BOTTOM LINE. Detroit just didn't get the memo. 8) But you'll know what I mean.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:56 pm

I'll stick with my original pick and take the Celtics, although the Lakers are a lot better than I gave them credit for entering the playoffs.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby HeisAlive » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:42 pm

I don't know but, this is the most boring playoffs I seen for a long time... If your a home team ya win... I know there has been a few visitor teams win but, every home team seems to win by at least 15 or more...

My pick is the Lakers because Kobe is hot and nobody has really shut him down during the playoffs. It's like he gets the feel of the game in the first half and cuts lose the 2nd half and goes crazy.

Ray Allen just has been himself and Garnett is good but he can't carry the team as Kobe does.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 am

HeisAlive wrote:I don't know but, this is the most boring playoffs I seen for a long time... If your a home team ya win... I know there has been a few visitor teams win but, every home team seems to win by at least 15 or more...

My pick is the Lakers because Kobe is hot and nobody has really shut him down during the playoffs. It's like he gets the feel of the game in the first half and cuts lose the 2nd half and goes crazy.

Ray Allen just has been himself and Garnett is good but he can't carry the team as Kobe does.

dont people realize who the true leader of the celtics is? maybe the guy who went off for 40+ in game 7 against he cavs to push them into the ECF. the captian of the team, the guy who has been there 10 years, the truth. Pierce gets no credit for the teams success. Everyone says its because KG and Ray Allen came to town. Rondo has been more important to the team in the playoffs then Allen has. KG always gets his numbers, but always fades into the background late when the stars come out. Pierce is the one who has the ball when the game is on the line.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby HeisAlive » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am

baseball wrote:
HeisAlive wrote:I don't know but, this is the most boring playoffs I seen for a long time... If your a home team ya win... I know there has been a few visitor teams win but, every home team seems to win by at least 15 or more...

dont people realize who the true leader of the celtics is? maybe the guy who went off for 40+ in game 7 against he cavs to push them into the ECF. the captian of the team, the guy who has been there 10 years, the truth. Pierce gets no credit for the teams success. Everyone says its because KG and Ray Allen came to town. Rondo has been more important to the team in the playoffs then Allen has. KG always gets his numbers, but always fades into the background late when the stars come out. Pierce is the one who has the ball when the game is on the line.

Good point baseball, I wish Rondo could finish strong every game... Pierce is always there, and I do also believe the have pushed these two down because of KG and Allen (the biggies). Put you know... The real leaders will always shine behind the scenes... I see more and more, it seems like its that 6th guy coming off the bench that make that spark for the team and gets the team in the game... They sit and see how the game is running and then come in and get their teams into the swing.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:19 am

baseball wrote:Pierce gets no credit for the teams success. Everyone says its because KG and Ray Allen came to town...

how good were the Celtics before KG and Allen came to town?

If the Celtics would have only got KG and not traded for Allen and kept the 5th pick in last year's draft and Delonte West and whoever else was in that trade the Celtics would still be in the finals. KG has made pretty much everyone else better you know Pierce wasn't putting forth the same effort this year compared to last year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:Pierce gets no credit for the teams success. Everyone says its because KG and Ray Allen came to town...

how good were the Celtics before KG and Allen came to town?

If the Celtics would have only got KG and not traded for Allen and kept the 5th pick in last year's draft and Delonte West and whoever else was in that trade the Celtics would still be in the finals. KG has made pretty much everyone else better you know Pierce wasn't putting forth the same effort this year compared to last year.

have you heard any of the statements by the Celtics during the post-season. everyone praises pierce for carrying the team. Garnett may be the best player but Pierce is that teams leader..which is why hes the captain.

Game 7 Atlanta
Pierce - 22
Garnett - 18

Game 7 Cleveland
Pierce - 41
Garnett - 13

Game 6 Detroit
Pierce - 27
Garnett - 16

In the clinching games Pierce takes the team on his back while Garnett fades back to an average player with 15 PPG and 11 RPG. Garnett is the teams best player, but in the 4th Quarter in crunch time when players like Kobe and LeBron takes over...Garnett gets passive and Pierce takes over.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:33 am

Baseball, I don't and haven't disagreed with anything you said and if you reread my post you would see that. Pierce is the main reason they have advanced in the playoffs. Garnett is the reason they are in the playoffs and not hoping they get to draft the next Chris Paul or Tim Duncan.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things