NFL or College Football

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby CLASSB2001 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:24 pm

Read the link below. Neilson says that the Rose Bowl was the most watched football game, college or NFL, on ABC TV in the last 15 years.  Remember this, that includes 4 Super Bowls on ABC since 1990 and Monday Night Football.  Is college football going to surpass the NFL as thee sport in America?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060106/tv_nm/leisure_rosebowl_dc
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wombat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:23 pm

The national title game might surpass the super bowl, but if you break it down from week to week i would be willing to bet there is no comparison. Sure people are going to get excited about the two BEST teams in the NCAA. Afterall they were BOTH undefeated and the only two in the country with no losses at that. Plus you have all the talk about USC being the best team EVER!!! Wait until the 16-2 Colts meet the 16-2 Seahawks in the superbowl in a few weeks and all the hype is about the super bowl with two of the best teams in the past decade and see if anyone remembers the score of the National Title game... I don't even remember it now? i know texas won by 3!
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:29 pm

The Seahawks arent going to the Super Bowl, its gonna be the Bears and that stud Defense :). Seahawks are OVERATED :D Your right though this game was hyped up big time, but when it comes week to week NFL is still the better product.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wombat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:20 pm

The hawks might not make it but they have a shot... and my point anyway is that you could hype the super bowl and i'm sure they will... and it will get a higher rating
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:29 am

We had some great bowl game matchups that turned into great games.  That doesn't happen often(ever).  But I know of tons of people who live and die by their NFL team who don't even follow the college game. Fantasy football is a big reason nowadays.  I just love the passion of the college game though.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:48 pm

They are two very different styles of games and very hard to compare. Lets not forget the matchup here, Texas and USC, two very large states and populations interested in watching them.

I think more NFL fans passively watch college football, than do college football fans watch the NFL.

I myself am partial to the NFL but am starting to more and more like the college game.
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things