Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
baseball wrote:Maybe 90% ofthe board disagrees with me, but 90% of the country agrees with me that Hansbrough gets too much credit for UNC's success. I have never once came on and "repeated" what i've heard on ESPN, although I have said things that eventually were said on there because its stuff thats not that hard to understand.

I'm not going to say i know everything there is to know about college basketball, but i will say....even if you disagree...im not clueless about the game. I got ripped for saying I would like to see Syracuse play UNC because at that time I liked the way they were playing and felt they could beat them if not give them a run. 2 weeks later they were in the top 10 after not being ranked when i made the statement. Do you just look at UAB's record and see C-USA and automatically write them off as terrible? 9 losses sure....2 to Memphis, Oklahoma, Louisville, and Butler and a win at Arizona. Look at the record all you want but never count out Robert Vaden and a Mike Davis coached team. Just like now, Mike Anderson is getting named a great coach at MIssouri for the style of play that brigns success...he did the same thing at UAB and got no credit.

Let me ask you a serious question, would you put Hansbrough as a first team AA?? I must be a terrible hater since I wouldnt...are you goign to put him above Griffin, Blair, Thabeet, Harangody? I'm not taking anything away from your opinion, i dont konw why you think just because i disagree means i tihnk you cant give your opinion?? people i respect the most are people who are so passionate about their opinions and stick by them no matter how many people disagree with them...and ill give you credit for doing that.

22 points and 8 boards a game for a team thats 25-3 that hasn't lost a game by more then 10 is AA material. Hansbrough doesn't need to make a case to make the AA team, those other players need to make a case to be argued against him. The two big men of the AA team are Hansbrough and Griffin. Harangody has better numbers but Notre Dame is garbage and they got owned by Hansbrough and UNC. I do think Hansbrough is better than those guys. This is starting to sound like last year when people said Beasley should've won cause his numbers were better and he'll be a better pro. How good the team is comes into affect when selecting all-americans and player of the year candidates. The way you word your posts you come off as you're smarter then everyone and since you are a stat junkie we have to bow down to you. That's why most posts that people quote you and then you quote them back are so hostile because of the way you word things and you're very, very, controversial opinion about EVERYTHING.

Baseball isn't pretentious. He doesn't intend to sound smarter than people, and his posts do not come across that way. He is firm in his opinions. That is how any good debater is.

I will give Hansbrough credit. He produces. However, you just said Hansbrough is better than Blake Griffin. That statement alone discredits 90% of the things you have said in this topic.

Beasley SHOULD have won last year, he was the best, most dominant player, in college basketball. Hansbrough is a people person, built up by the media. It is ridiculous that he gets credit for working so hard. EVERYONE WORKS HARD. I will give him credit for his 22 and 8, because those are FACTS that can't be taken away.

How good a player's team is should not affect All-American teams. If the best player in the country plays for an 11-11 team, he SHOULD be the National Player Of The Year. Hanbrough has never been the BEST player in the country. I can argue that he isn't top 5, but the consensus is that he is top 5. He has never been the best player in college. That is why he should have never been NPOTY. My problem with team success is simply this: If Mike Beasley played for UNC, should he have been NPOTY?

Realistically, Hansbrough is overblown by the media. Not coaches or scouts, but the media. People on this website act as if they know him and his personality. I will not forget the people that said he deserves it because he isn't cocky and Beasley is. We don't know these people.

Did you ever think that maybe a very large reason why UNC is one of the best teams in the country is because of Hansbroughs affect on the game. Beasley should not have won POY last year. He did nothing to make his players better. He went to K-State because he knew he'd shine and it would increase his draft stock. The best player in the country wouldn't play for an 11-11 team because if he is without a shadow of a doubt the best player in the country, his team isn't going to be 11-11. I don't think Hansbrough should or will win national player of the year because Griffin is too incredibly good.

I NEVER once said hansbrough is better than blake griffin so stop putting words in my mouth, wow. Show me exactly where i said "Tyler Hansbrough is better than Blake Griffin". Just because you can't think of more points to say doesn't mean you start making them up any "great debater" should know that. Who should've won in 2006 when JJ Redick won it since I'm sure you thought he was "overblown" by the media and not deserving of it.

The Griffin vs. Hansbrough debate for NPOTY is much like last years but Griffin should win cause he is leading his team to a possible national championship. When Kansas played Oklahoma when Griffin wasn't playing Cole Aldrich had like 20 and 20, which should NEVER happen. Had Griffin played that game Aldrich wouldnt've had 10 and KU would've lost by 10+. He makes his team/teammates better and has amazing numbers.

One last thing balla45, I think Baseball is a big boy and can fight his own battles. He doesn't need you to defend him. He sticks to his guns as much as me, the schwab, or bballfan1307.

I didn't put words in your mouth. I never used your name actually.
I have to go to practice, but I will argue the Reddick one, however, I think he deserved it. His team was good, he shot amazing, no one else did a lot better than him.
One last thing, I made this topic, so I feel that I can post in it.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 pm

His team was good? who else was good on his team? and please don't say josh mcroberts...YUCK
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 pm

His team was good? who else was good on his team? and please don't say josh mcroberts...YUCK
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:27 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, yes Hansbrough should be on over Blair, He averages 15 and 12 i think , last time i looked. the only reason he has been talked about at all is because he played well against uconn when thabeet was out with foul trouble. Second balla45, how can you not see, by watching Hansbrough in a game, that he works the hardest out of any player on the court. Griffin is the better player , Yes. i agree with that. However, their hustle and hard work are not equal. Hansbrough has him by tons. If you watch a game you can see Griffin jog down court behind the traffic. IT's really quite obvious. Again, i'm not saying Hansbrough is better than griffin, but to say their hustle and hardwork are equal is false.

I'm not talking about Hansbrough VS. Griffin. I am saying that I don't buy the belief that Hansbrough is the hardest working player in the country. It could be a tie, but I don't think him going 100% all the time is any more impressive than Ty Lawson going 100% all game or any other player that does it.

Every player SHOULD Hustle.

Thats the thing, every player SHOULD hustle. but they don't, if you can find tape of blake griffin to prove he doesn't take plays off, a whole season, every game. then i will beleive you that their hustle is equal.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:11 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, yes Hansbrough should be on over Blair, He averages 15 and 12 i think , last time i looked. the only reason he has been talked about at all is because he played well against uconn when thabeet was out with foul trouble. Second balla45, how can you not see, by watching Hansbrough in a game, that he works the hardest out of any player on the court. Griffin is the better player , Yes. i agree with that. However, their hustle and hard work are not equal. Hansbrough has him by tons. If you watch a game you can see Griffin jog down court behind the traffic. IT's really quite obvious. Again, i'm not saying Hansbrough is better than griffin, but to say their hustle and hardwork are equal is false.

I'm not talking about Hansbrough VS. Griffin. I am saying that I don't buy the belief that Hansbrough is the hardest working player in the country. It could be a tie, but I don't think him going 100% all the time is any more impressive than Ty Lawson going 100% all game or any other player that does it.

Thats the thing, every player SHOULD hustle. but they don't, if you can find tape of blake griffin to prove he doesn't take plays off, a whole season, every game. then i will beleive you that their hustle is equal.

then provide tape of every game the whole season proving Hansbrough doesnt take any plays off....then i will believe you his is better
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

really? you come on here and say that he will be a TERRIBLE pro...and compare him to mark madsen...and looking at his numbers how can you say he doesn't hustle more than a player with all the tools...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:38 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

then provide tape of every game the whole season proving Hansbrough doesnt take any plays off....then i will believe you his is better

I'm not saying he is better. Griffin is the best player in the nation by far. But he doesnt hustle more. I've watched every single UNC game this year. If you want you can go on ESPN360 and watch their replays , he doesn't take plays off. He's not better, but he hustles more.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:52 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:I can understand hwo people dislike Hansbrough, his game doesnt "look" the way its supposed to, but that doesn't mean he's not good. He's a guy that if he doesn't play for your team you hate him. IF he played for G-Town The Schwab would love him haha. If he played for Kansas, baseball would love how him and Aldrich would dominate a game.

why do you think I would love him if he played for Kansas?? Drew Gooden dominated for Kansas an he was my least favorite player on them teams. I dont like players because they "dominate", I like them the way they play. Hansbrough is jus ugly to watch haha plain and simple. The reason you think Griffin takes plays off is because he's such a gifted athlete he makes it look easy. Just like what was said about Brandon Rush...laziest player on the team but led them in scoring and rebounding 3 years in a row.

And as far as big guys that Hansbrough has to guard...that was in reference to Thabeet, Harangody, and Blair. But i will answer your question...

Cole Aldrich - 15 and 11
Craig Brackins - 20 and 10
Demarre Carrol and Leo Lyons - on the same team 17 and 8 & 15 and 6
Damion James - 16 and 10
Chinemelu Elonu and Byron Davis - again same team - 10 and 8 then 10 and 7

other then half the conference, not to good.

James Johnson - 15 and 9
Chas McFarland - 9 and 6...ok
Gani Lawal - 15 and 10
Mike Scott - 10 and 7
Ben McCaulley - 12 and 8
Trevor Booker - 15 and 10
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 pm

The Schwab wrote:really? you come on here and say that he will be a TERRIBLE pro...and compare him to mark madsen...and looking at his numbers how can you say he doesn't hustle more than a player with all the tools...

ok..then ill ask this one if its so obvious he hutles so much more then Griffin...does he hustle more then Brady Morningstar? dont say yes because he only averages 7 points and 3 rebounds...hes in the game to shadow the opponents best perimeter player and thats all he is told to do. and if you dont know who that is..hes a walk-on who redshirted last year starting as a sophomore for the #9 team in the country. think their might be someone out there to match Hansbrough work ethic.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm

okay??? who's better?? Morningstar or Hansbrough. Now, i'm not saying Hansbrough is better than Griffin he hustles more. and no, its not because he makes it look easy. I've watched him play he jogs down behind the opposing team as they score. thats not making it look easy.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:okay??? who's better?? Morningstar or Hansbrough. Now, i'm not saying Hansbrough is better than Griffin he hustles more. and no, its not because he makes it look easy. I've watched him play he jogs down behind the opposing team as they score. thats not making it look easy.

Didnt ask who was better...asked who hustled more? BM or TH?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:35 pm

how would i know? i dont watch kansas. so you tell me. oh wait kansas's whole roster hustles more has more skill then hansbrough.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 pm

so you dont have exposure to other teams and thats why you think Hansbrough is unmatched in terms of hustle? starting to come together... I'm not going to say Brady hustles more but hes not far behind him if at all. just assuming here..but i think it takes quite a bit of overtime work and huslte to go from a walk-on to starting at a school like Kansas.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm

i watch other games. all the time, don't study the players. and no, that is not why i think hansbrough is unmatched in hustle. and tell me , if you think it takes a lot of work and hustle to be a walk on starter. do you think it takes a lot of hard work and hustle to be only 6-9, not much athletic ability , no jump shot, no post moves, and an overall ugly game to average 22 and 8 in the acc and be a 4time all american.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:29 pm

thats my point...you make it seem like he's the only guy who works...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 pm

i've never said hes the only guy that works, i have said he works more than any other player i've seen. and that he works so hard that he can score 22 points and grab 8 rebounds per game with possibly the least talent on the floor.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:53 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:i've never said hes the only guy that works, i have said he works more than any other player i've seen. and that he works so hard that he can score 22 points and grab 8 rebounds per game with possibly the least talent on the floor.

but you also just admitted that you watch other games but not the players....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm

The Schwab wrote:His team was good? who else was good on his team? and please don't say josh mcroberts...YUCK

His team was successful.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm

My number 1 problem with Hansbrough is that people attempt to use his hustle as a quantifiable fact. It is fact that he averages 22 points and 8 rebounds. It isn't fact, and isn't even likely that he works harder than every single other player in the country, but he his given credit for doing so.

Do you not see how that could be bothersome?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i've never said hes the only guy that works, i have said he works more than any other player i've seen. and that he works so hard that he can score 22 points and grab 8 rebounds per game with possibly the least talent on the floor.

because i don't watch kansas? i've watched one of their games when they played Colorado. Sorry for not noticing Morningstar.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
baseball wrote:

because i don't watch kansas? i've watched one of their games when they played Colorado. Sorry for not noticing Morningstar.

the one at CU when he held Higgins to 3-8 shooting or at KU when he held him to 6-16? he doesnt get noticed because he does the small things behind the scenes and doesnt average 22 and 8. but because everyone knows Hansbrough's name...he works harder. You probably never noticed Russell Robinson when you watched Kansas last year. Or Mario West at Georgie Tech a few years ago. The media builds up guys who average 20 poitns and double digit rebounds because they love stats. the hardest workers are the ones who dont get in the box score but still play 30-35 minutes a game...and thats what Morningstar does which is why i consider him to be one of the hardest working guys in the country. Not THEE hardest worker...but definately up there.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:57 pm

First off, Cory Higgins averages 17 ppg on a terrible team. Second, he shoots 48 percent. Now, i took just 2 random games Nebraska , he was 3-9 . and Ark. Pine bluff he was 4-10. Does that mean the guys that guarded him in those games were awesome? also, did morningstar guard him every shot that he took so his fga and fgm are all because of morningstar? Don't you get what i'm saying, Hansbrough is known because of his hustle. He hustles so hard that he makes up for having no post moves, no athleticism no postmoves no jumper. He's not known for his hustle because he scores alot. He scores alot and rebounds BECAUSE of his hustle.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:05 am

alright....this topic is like beating my head against a brick wall, because your never going to change your opinion and neither am I. But I like debating. Obviously their are people out there who hustle, I'm not saying Hansbrough is the only one in america who hustles, because he isn't. But all of the other players who are being mentioned in the player of the year debate, or all american debate, are being mentioned BECAUSE of their talent. Tyler is obviously talented, but what makes him the force that he has become is his WORK ETHIC. Congrats to the Kansas guy, but i wouldn't know much about him because i dont watch alot of KU games, haven't since Boschee, but there were bound to be stories like that coming from that program after they lost everything and the kitchen sink last year after winning the title. Bill Self has done an excellent job. The fact remains that Tyler hansborough is the Hardest Working star player in the NCAA.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:43 am

Read this on and ESPN chat. Thought it might belong in the Tyler Hansbrough thread.

Stacy (Dallas): Is Tyler Hansborough ever gonna enter the draft? I feel like that guy has been in college forever.

Chad Ford: He's delaying the inevitable. He's THE MAN in college. He'll be waiving towels in the NBA. Would you really want college to end if you were him? The NBA will get him paid, but his glory days as a basketball player are now. It will never get as good for him as it is now. Ask Adam Morrison.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:53 am

Flip..im just gonna save Schwab and BballFan the time.

how does Chad Ford know what Hansbrough will do in the league.

But Schwab...I do want to know how its a FACT that Hansbrough is the hardest working?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things