Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:45 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, to the guy that said all Tyler Hansbroug does is shoot lay ups and get fast break points , you dont watch the tarheels. For the person who said what does he do better than other post players? He works. He is doubled and triple teamed every time he gets the ball in the post. Do any of you actually watch a whole NOrth Carolina game? probably not. Tyler Hansbrough is the best player when it comes to making a shot with contact. He has been hitting jumpers too. Michael Beasley scores sooo many points because he is asked to. Tyler Hansbrough does what he needs too.
The biggest difference between Hansbrough and Beasley is Beasley doesnt care about his team. This whole season is about getting his name out to the NBA, i'm pretty sure he could absolutely care less if his team wins in the tournament hes playin to be a high draft pick. Hansbrough plays for passion and his team. And i love how all of you are praising Michael Beasley like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, when no one on this board knew about him till he put up 30 ppg a few times this year.
Saying Hansbrough is not the best player in the acc is nonsense..... thats why he lead his team to the acc championship but whatever.

I am that guy. I do watch the Tar Heels. Read my entire post. I said he hustles, gets layups, dunks, fast break points, and gets spoon fed.

Oh, I knew about Beasley way before this season, but that is probably because I like high school basketball more than college or the NBA. Beasley played at Oak Hill and I follow that school very close.

oh i didn't realize u were the only one in the world that payed attention to one of the best high school basketball programs in the nation and knew who michael beasley was, my bad. and u also said that hansbrough has no post moves. go on youtube and check him out. he's got moves. yes they may b layups or dunks but they're still post moves. DUH!!!
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:46 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:First of all, to the guy that said all Tyler Hansbroug does is shoot lay ups and get fast break points , you dont watch the tarheels. For the person who said what does he do better than other post players? He works. He is doubled and triple teamed every time he gets the ball in the post. Do any of you actually watch a whole NOrth Carolina game? probably not. Tyler Hansbrough is the best player when it comes to making a shot with contact. He has been hitting jumpers too. Michael Beasley scores sooo many points because he is asked to. Tyler Hansbrough does what he needs too.
The biggest difference between Hansbrough and Beasley is Beasley doesnt care about his team. This whole season is about getting his name out to the NBA, i'm pretty sure he could absolutely care less if his team wins in the tournament hes playin to be a high draft pick. Hansbrough plays for passion and his team. And i love how all of you are praising Michael Beasley like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, when no one on this board knew about him till he put up 30 ppg a few times this year.
Saying Hansbrough is not the best player in the acc is nonsense..... thats why he lead his team to the acc championship but whatever.

I am that guy. I do watch the Tar Heels. Read my entire post. I said he hustles, gets layups, dunks, fast break points, and gets spoon fed.

Oh, I knew about Beasley way before this season, but that is probably because I like high school basketball more than college or the NBA. Beasley played at Oak Hill and I follow that school very close.

He gets teh ball down low and is instantly double and triple teamed, thats not exactly spoon fed. Most of is poitns are from h is ability to score with contact.

After taking off free throws, Hansbrough averages 14.6 points per game. Lawson makes at least 2 passes to him for easy shots every single game, so that is 4. I will say about one fast break dunk, so that is 2 more. So he is making 8.6 points a game the hard way. The rest of his points are at the line, spoon fed lay ups, or dunks.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:47 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
subway wrote:finally sumone agrees with me.

well god, to say hansbrough has no skill, is absurd. you cant have no skill...and put up 22 a game when being doubled and tripled team every game.

I am still asking for someone to tell me what skills he has that make him the best player in the country. Noone has been able to do that.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 pm

subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:

oh i didn't realize u were the only one in the world that payed attention to one of the best high school basketball programs in the nation and knew who michael beasley was, my bad. and u also said that hansbrough has no post moves. go on youtube and check him out. he's got moves. yes they may b layups or dunks but they're still post moves. DUH!!!

I was simply making the point that people did know about Beasley before he started dropping 30 a game.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:49 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:

well god, to say hansbrough has no skill, is absurd. you cant have no skill...and put up 22 a game when being doubled and tripled team every game.

xactly thats y he always dominates duke and everyone else he plays. it's cuz he's good. but as a duke fan sumtimes i wish thatd he'd have one bad game against duke so duke would look extraordinary. hah. but i doubt it'll ever happen. he's def my POY
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:51 pm

balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

I am still asking for someone to tell me what skills he has that make him the best player in the country. Noone has been able to do that.

is speed a skill? cuz i beleive if you watch the Va Tech game you will see him catch up to Va Tech's guard and knock the ball away to prevent a breakaway lay up. does scoring with contact count as a skill? is shooting free throws at 80 percent when having the most attemps in the nation a skill? whats a skill? we've told you his skills but you are ignorant and dont listen.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:52 pm

balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I was simply making the point that people did know about Beasley before he started dropping 30 a game.

and i'm sure people knew about hansbrough as well. another thing layups, dunks, all that is apart of the game. he may get thoz easy looks in games. but u wanna know y? it's cuz he's good and he works for every point/easy look he gets
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:53 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

is speed a skill? cuz i beleive if you watch the Va Tech game you will see him catch up to Va Tech's guard and knock the ball away to prevent a breakaway lay up. does scoring with contact count as a skill? is shooting free throws at 80 percent when having the most attemps in the nation a skill? whats a skill? we've told you his skills but you are ignorant and dont listen.

Actually, you are the only one who has named any skill he had. Speed a skill, for a big man, kind of. Scoring with contact a skill, yes, but the aforemetioned big men, Beasley and Love, also have that. Free throw shooting, Beasley is at 78 or 79 and I am not sure about Love. I am not ignorant and not listening, I was simply waiting for someone to put forth a reason he is the best player in the country, without using the "he tries hard" or the "his team is good" as your reason.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:57 pm

subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:

and i'm sure people knew about hansbrough as well. another thing layups, dunks, all that is apart of the game. he may get thoz easy looks in games. but u wanna know y? it's cuz he's good and he works for every point/easy look he gets

I really don't know how to respond to this. If a 6' 8'' man dunking on an open rim makes him good. Yea.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:58 pm

pleez just accept the fact that hansbroughs good. who cares if he hustles. who cares if every aspect of his game isn't as great as michael beasley's. he's good and thats all that counts. and also he's gonna be poy
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:59 pm

balla45 i usually agree with you on the majority of the things you say but you have been typing some dumb stuff.

hansbrough deserves a lot more credit then you are giving him. just because he isnt as gifted as michael beasley, doesnt mean he isn't a better college player (i know beasley will be much better in the nba). hansbrough has a good shot, hustles, plays D, and is a leader. balla45 you were trying to make it seem like free throws shouldnt count towards points. maybe if hansbrough didnt get fouled every time down the court hed have more baskets? he shoots 88% from the line, better then most guards. not to mention he is clutch, did you not see the game winner against va tech in the acc tourney? michael beasley wouldnt have hustled and got the ball because hed be to busy whining that he didnt get to take the last shot. hed probably be already over on the sideline.

if hansbrough was on kansas state i guarantee they would be a higher seed then what they are now. he is a better team player than beasley and a better college player. beasley is selfish and it sometimes hurts his team. he will be a great nba player though.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:01 pm

GFRR99 wrote:balla45 i usually agree with you on the majority of the things you say but you have been typing some dumb stuff.

hansbrough deserves a lot more credit then you are giving him. just because he isnt as gifted as michael beasley, doesnt mean he isn't a better college player (i know beasley will be much better in the nba). hansbrough has a good shot, hustles, plays D, and is a leader. balla45 you were trying to make it seem like free throws shouldnt count towards points. maybe if hansbrough didnt get fouled every time down the court hed have more baskets? he shoots 88% from the line, better then most guards. not to mention he is clutch, did you not see the game winner against va tech in the acc tourney? michael beasley wouldnt have hustled and got the ball because hed be to busy whining that he didnt get to take the last shot. hed probably be already over on the sideline.

if hansbrough was on kansas state i guarantee they would be a higher seed then what they are now. he is a better team player than beasley and a better college player. beasley is selfish and it sometimes hurts his team. he will be a great nba player though.

This is a solid argument.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:04 pm

speed for a big man is without a doubt a skill. He is very skilled around the basket, toughness and a sense for where the ball is coming off the rim. now i have a question for YOU. How do you average 23 and 11 and not be talented?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm

The Schwab wrote:speed for a big man is without a doubt a skill. He is very skilled around the basket, toughness and a sense for where the ball is coming off the rim. now i have a question for YOU. How do you average 23 and 11 and not be talented?

balla45 would say you get spoon fed thats how
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:06 pm

The Schwab wrote:speed for a big man is without a doubt a skill. He is very skilled around the basket, toughness and a sense for where the ball is coming off the rim. now i have a question for YOU. How do you average 23 and 11 and not be talented?

Be 6'8''. Have great teammates, and like you all say, try very hard. No doubt Hansbrough has talent, I just do not like him, this has been documented, and I do not think he should be player of the year.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm

ndfan wrote:

balla45 would say you get spoon fed thats how

I don't think that is how I said it.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm

balla45 wrote:

Be 6'8''. Have great teammates, and like you all say, try very hard. No doubt Hansbrough has talent, I just do not like him, this has been documented, and I do not think he should be player of the year.

So basically you have no reason he shouldn't be player of the year....just that you don't like him?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 pm

The Schwab wrote:
balla45 wrote:

So basically you have no reason he shouldn't be player of the year....just that you don't like him?

I have many. He isn't better than Beasley, Mayo, Rose, Gordon, and Love. That is an example of one.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm

^ balla45 has stated why he shouldnt be POY many times in this whole topic. everyone has their own opinons on who should be the POY and it just depends on how the person looks at it. i still believe that hansbrough should win it after a great year
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:14 pm

ball45, ur just digging urself into a deeper hole everytime u say something. just drop it man. u've clearly lost.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 pm

balla45 and baseball:

I may totally disagree with you, but I wanna let ya know I respect your opiniona on this matter.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:17 pm

subway wrote:ball45, ur just digging urself into a deeper hole everytime u say something. just drop it man. u've clearly lost.

I've lost what? I have lost my argument that Hansbrough is complete garbage, that is true. I have not lost my argument that Hansbrough isn't the best player in the country. When did that happen?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:19 pm

ndfan wrote:balla45 and baseball:

I may totally disagree with you, but I wanna let ya know I respect your opiniona on this matter.

Same to you. I have no problem with you thinking that Hansbrough is POY, I will just never agree with it.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm

balla45 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7QH86DtQGA

HAHA you couldn't tell those were K State Homers :) Thats like Paul Allen and Sid Hartmen doing play by play for the Vikings and Talking about Adrian Peterson should be MVP of the NFL.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things