Tyler Hansbrough

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tyler Hansbrough

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:46 pm

hahhaha o wow hah ur hilarious. maybe watch the game once and u'll know what ur talking about. ty lawson is probably the best in his position. but hansbrough, HANDSDOWN, is the best player out there. and i'm a duke fan!
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:46 pm

balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:the only reason he won POY is because hes the most talked about player on the most talked about team in the country. hes not the best player. hes on a team like FSU or NC State hes not even talked aobut as being an All-American and maybe not even All-conference. that is what Beasleys doing. Take Beasley away from KState, where are they? sitting on a couch watching the NCAA and NIT. Wheres UNC without Hansbrough. maybe not a 1 seed but no lower then a 3...

and ndfan...noone said he cant hit an occasion 12 footer, but he cant do it consistantly...

Hansbrough is not the best player in the NCAA, not the best player in the ACC, not the best player at UNC. But he is player of the year. Does anyone else see a problem with that?

which is why its ridiculous...hwo many other player of the years have been handed out? once you see the AP, ESPN, Coaches whatever, then say something. but all ive heard so far is he is the SPORTING NEWS poy... i wouldnt look too much into who magazines call player of the year, its just a glorified office pool

subway...Singler, Nelson, Rice, Lawson, Ellington
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 pm

subway wrote:hahhaha o wow hah ur hilarious. maybe watch the game once and u'll know what ur talking about. ty lawson is probably the best in his position. but hansbrough, HANDSDOWN, is the best player out there. and i'm a duke fan!

What skill does Hansbrough have that Love or Beasley do not? I can name many they have that he doesn't, so show me one he has that they don't.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Hansbrough's credentials are impressive enough, but it's hard not to give him bonus points for squeezing out every bit of his potential, for never coasting, for giving three All-America seasons to the college game during an era in which nobody expects more than one. "Tyler is not even the most gifted player on my team, much less the most gifted player in college basketball," says Williams. "But no one has a bigger heart. No one has more desire than Tyler Hansbrough."
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 pm

ndfan wrote:Hansbrough's credentials are impressive enough, but it's hard not to give him bonus points for squeezing out every bit of his potential, for never coasting, for giving three All-America seasons to the college game during an era in which nobody expects more than one. "Tyler is not even the most gifted player on my team, much less the most gifted player in college basketball," says Williams. "But no one has a bigger heart. No one has more desire than Tyler Hansbrough."

So, if his coach even admits that he isn't the best player in the country, why can't the rest of you?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 pm

did i say love and beasley rn't good? nope. beasley duz have the best #s in the nation. but i feel that hansbrough deserves it this year becuz his team is #1 in the nation(i realize there r 4 other guys on his team as well), he's up there in scoring, rebounding, and free throws, and once again i'll say he gets i done and if it weren't for him i know unc wouldn't b a 1 seed in the tourney. love and beasley r at the top in those stat categories as well but i just feel hansbrough's better
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:58 pm

balla45 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Hansbrough's credentials are impressive enough, but it's hard not to give him bonus points for squeezing out every bit of his potential, for never coasting, for giving three All-America seasons to the college game during an era in which nobody expects more than one. "Tyler is not even the most gifted player on my team, much less the most gifted player in college basketball," says Williams. "But no one has a bigger heart. No one has more desire than Tyler Hansbrough."

So, if his coach even admits that he isn't the best player in the country, why can't the rest of you?

his coach says he isn't the most gifted, he says nothing about him being POY.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:00 pm

subway wrote:did i say love and beasley rn't good? nope. beasley duz have the best #s in the nation. but i feel that hansbrough deserves it this year becuz his team is #1 in the nation(i realize there r 4 other guys on his team as well), he's up there in scoring, rebounding, and free throws, and once again i'll say he gets i done and if it weren't for him i know unc wouldn't b a 1 seed in the tourney. love and beasley r at the top in those stat categories as well but i just feel hansbrough's better

You said Hansbrough is HANDSDOWN the best player in the nation. So if he is, he must have some skill the other good big men do not. What is that skill?

Oh, if it wasn't for Beasley, Kansas State wouldn't be in the tourney either.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:03 pm

d
baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:the only reason he won POY is because hes the most talked about player on the most talked about team in the country. hes not the best player. hes on a team like FSU or NC State hes not even talked aobut as being an All-American and maybe not even All-conference. that is what Beasleys doing. Take Beasley away from KState, where are they? sitting on a couch watching the NCAA and NIT. Wheres UNC without Hansbrough. maybe not a 1 seed but no lower then a 3...

and ndfan...noone said he cant hit an occasion 12 footer, but he cant do it consistantly...

Hansbrough is not the best player in the NCAA, not the best player in the ACC, not the best player at UNC. But he is player of the year. Does anyone else see a problem with that?

which is why its ridiculous...hwo many other player of the years have been handed out? once you see the AP, ESPN, Coaches whatever, then say something. but all ive heard so far is he is the SPORTING NEWS poy... i wouldnt look too much into who magazines call player of the year, its just a glorified office pool

umm hansbrough owns singler(only a freshman he's got lots of room to improve), nelson cracks under pressure(senior nite at duke vs. unc), rice isn't as consistent as hansbrough although he's def a good pg, lawson is amazing too but for this year imo he shouldn't get it(injury), and ellington isn't consistent enuf to get it either. hansbrough imo is the most consistent and best all around player and who wouldn't like a guy like him. he plays the game the right way,leaves it all on the floor, and plays with an enormous amount of passion
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:05 pm

subway wrote:d
baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:

umm hansbrough owns singler(only a freshman he's got lots of room to improve), nelson cracks under pressure(senior nite at duke vs. unc), rice isn't as consistent as hansbrough although he's def a good pg, lawson is amazing too but for this year imo he shouldn't get it(injury), and ellington isn't consistent enuf to get it either. hansbrough imo is the most consistent and best all around player and who wouldn't like a guy like him. he plays the game the right way,leaves it all on the floor, and plays with an enormous amount of passion

Lawson and him are a toss up, I will give it to Hansbrough for helping keep the team above water while Lawson was out. But, that still doesn't make him the best player in the country.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 pm

balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:did i say love and beasley rn't good? nope. beasley duz have the best #s in the nation. but i feel that hansbrough deserves it this year becuz his team is #1 in the nation(i realize there r 4 other guys on his team as well), he's up there in scoring, rebounding, and free throws, and once again i'll say he gets i done and if it weren't for him i know unc wouldn't b a 1 seed in the tourney. love and beasley r at the top in those stat categories as well but i just feel hansbrough's better

You said Hansbrough is HANDSDOWN the best player in the nation. So if he is, he must have some skill the other good big men do not. What is that skill?

ok try to get this in ur head. i don't think he's the most skilled player out there but he duz everything right which makes him a good player. i'm not saying beasley isn't good he's amazing but i feel the poy goes to hansbrough this year.

k st. is an 11 seed. barely made it. i just think ppl want to see the kid play cuz he's good not his team. its all about the media these days.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:08 pm

balla45 wrote:

The MVP of the NBA isn't the hands down most, talented player...it's the one player that is the most valuable to his team, in which the team needs him day after day to continue to be a force. The POY should be the same way. Tyler Hansbrough has biggest heart in the NCAA and his battery never runs out of juice. Without him, The North Carolina Tar Heels would be NOTHING. I would take Hansbrough over Beasley any day, because Hansbrough gives not only himself, but the entire team the desire to perform their best day in and day out, and Tyler will never quit on you, regardless of the circumstances. I think a 23 PPG and 10 RPG average is much more impressive on a team like the Tarheels than what beasley is averaging at K state, because Hansbrough is not the only player on his team that can put up big numbers.
project-pat

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:09 pm

thank u pat
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:14 pm

It is easier to get numbers with talent around you and a great point guard.

The MVP of the NBA isn't the hands down most, talented player...it's the one player that is the most valuable to his team, in which the team needs him day after day to continue to be a force. The POY should be the same way.

What is Kansas State without Beasley. Maybe the 125th best team in the country. North Carolina without Hansbrough still makes the tourney with maybe a 4 seed.

Still, what makes Hansbrough the best player in college?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:16 pm

thats the exact diference though. MVP does not equal POY. MVP is the most valuable to his team, POY is THE best player.

POY = Micheal Beasley
MVP = Micheal Beasley (where is KSTATE without him, thats why hes more valuable)
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 pm

oh wow. i've said it enuf times already! just look above err something. well being beasley's so good y didn't he go to a good team? instead he goes somewhere for a coach. everyone thinks he's a hero becuz k st. is pretty good this year. but once again he's here becuz he has to be
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 pm

subway wrote:oh wow. i've said it enuf times already! just look above err something. well being beasley's so good y didn't he go to a good team? instead he goes somewhere for a coach. everyone thinks he's a hero becuz k st. is pretty good this year. but once again he's here becuz he has to be

Beasley signed when he was a sophomore or junior, and Huggins was building a program. He, unlike a lot of people, decided to stick with his commitment.

Still, NOONE, has told me why Hansbrough is better than Beasley, or is the best player in the country. Noone has given me a skill either. All I have heard is that he tries hard.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:25 pm

he tries hard and gets it dun. he's got some of the best stats in the nation is i feel the most well-rounded player. well maybe he shouldn't have signed w/ k st. so early: his fault!
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:27 pm

subway wrote:he tries hard and gets it dun. he's got some of the best stats in the nation is i feel the most well-rounded player. well maybe he shouldn't have signed w/ k st. so early: his fault!

What's wrong with signing at Kansas State? Where you play doesn't make you a better or worse player.

Still, what SKILL does Hansbrough have that is better than other stud players? Hustle isn't a skill.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:29 pm

whats wrong with a player going to a bad team. would you rather go to Oklahoma and get minutes, or go to Duke and sit the bench? i konw i would rather go to Oklahoma that way if you have a good season your a big part of that where as Duke is always good and it wouldnt be cuz your help, because your on the pine. why did Durant go to Texas, why did Mayo go to USC, why did Bayless go to Arizona? some kids actaully want to go in and help turn a program into a contender, and thats exactly what Beasley did
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 pm

balla45 wrote:
subway wrote:he tries hard and gets it dun. he's got some of the best stats in the nation is i feel the most well-rounded player. well maybe he shouldn't have signed w/ k st. so early: his fault!

What's wrong with signing at Kansas State? Where you play doesn't make you a better or worse player.

Still, what SKILL does Hansbrough have that is better than other stud players? Hustle isn't a skill.

it duzn't matter wheter he has one skill better than love or beasley. duz he score? yes. duz he rebound? yes. yes its a good thing that he hustles and i realize hustle duzn't make a player. but obviously he's got enuf skill to play for unc, and b a candidate for player of the year.

you were the one making the big deal on about which college each player was at. u kept makin excuses for beasley becuz his team wasn't as good.
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm

subway wrote:
balla45 wrote:

it duzn't matter wheter he has one skill better than love or beasley. duz he score? yes. duz he rebound? yes. yes its a good thing that he hustles and i realize hustle duzn't make a player. but obviously he's got enuf skill to play for unc, and b a candidate for player of the year.

you were the one making the big deal on about which college each player was at. u kept makin excuses for beasley becuz his team wasn't as good.

Why would I need to make an excuse for Beasley. The players on his team are not as good as the player on UNC. There is nothing he can do about that. I am simply saying that Hansbrough is not as good as the 10+ freshmen I named before. And noone has said anything to show that I am wrong.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:35 pm

2 point %
Beasley - 56.4%
Hansbrough- 54.0%

3 point %
Beasley - 38.9%
Hansbrough 0.0%

FT %
Beasley - 76.7%
Hansbrough 81.7%

RPG
Beasley - 12.4
Hansbrough - 10.4

Blk PG
Beasley - 1.7
Hansbrough - 0.3

Steals
Beasley - 1.3
Hansbrough -1.5

your right...Hansbrough does everything better
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby subway » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 pm

baseball wrote:whats wrong with a player going to a bad team. would you rather go to Oklahoma and get minutes, or go to Duke and sit the bench? i konw i would rather go to Oklahoma that way if you have a good season your a big part of that where as Duke is always good and it wouldnt be cuz your help, because your on the pine. why did Durant go to Texas, why did Mayo go to USC, why did Bayless go to Arizona? some kids actaully want to go in and help turn a program into a contender, and thats exactly what Beasley did

ya it's a good thing that some of those players went to thoz schools but beasley's lover boy(balla45) thinks everyone should feel bad for him that he's not a great team and hansbrough is. and i guess i didn't realize that becuz a player plays on a bad team that he automatically is better than someone who is on a good team (sarcasm)
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:38 pm

I don't think anyone should feel bad for Beasley. He probably loves Kansas State. Beasley isn't better because his team isn't good. Beasley is better because Hansbrough is worse. Hanbrough isn't top 10 in the NCAA.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things