New England Patriots

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

New England Patriots

Postby nc » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:35 pm

What does everybody think of them? Do you want to see them go undefeated? Who wants to see them loose? What about what the ravens were saying about the refs and stuff?
nc
NDPreps Starter

Re: New England Patriots

Postby ndfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

I think the Steelers can beat the Patriots and I think they are the only team left in the regular season that have chance to beat them. The one thing that hurt the Eagles and Ravens against the patriots were the Quarterbacks which made key mistakes or couldn't make the play when they needed it. I think Ben Rothlisberger will be the wild card in this game. If he plays well they win, if he doesn't they don't. So hopefully the steelers can get it done.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:18 pm

I will start out at the top, I hate their president, I hate their GM, I hate Bill Belicheck, I hate Bill Belicheck, I hate Tom Brad, and I hate Randy Moss. The only person I like on that team is Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi. Harrison has been the baddest dude in the league for a while now and Teddy is probably the most classy guy you could meet. I hope they get blown out by Pittsburgh. I also admire the success that they have.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:00 pm

I hate the Patriots. I do not want to see them go undefeated. I want to see them lose. I think the refs called bad penalties at teh end of the game. Imo the Patriots run up the score and they are cheaters. Idc if it wasnt a game decider...they still cheated and broke the rules.
basketballer

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm

what were the bad penelties at the end of the game?? defensive holding where on the replay you could see the receivers jersey get pulled....not to mention the interference that wouldve been called if not the holding. unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing the flag in the stands? what were the bad ones? dont blame the refs....blame the offense for going 3 and out the last three possessions of the game to keep giving Brady the ball back.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nc » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am

Not all the calls were bad, but you have to think that if it wasnt the patriots do you think it would have been called. I agree with what one player said on how the league puts a crown on the patriots and wants them to win. I dont wanna start a big arguement on this but this kinda reminds me of the MPCG patriots when Lorenz was playing, it just seemed that he got away with more calls and the team did because of how good they have always been, that is just my comparison. Anyway i still think it would be cool to see and undefeated Patriots team loose to a Dolphins team that hasn't won a game.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby Roughrider » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:29 am

that would be pretty funny if they lost to the Dolphins. as much as i want to see them lose i dont think they will. The Steelers have the best shot out of everybody left to beat them, but i still think the patriots find a way to come out on top
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby c71 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:01 pm

i would enjoy Miami to beat them
c71

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:31 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants beat em..Eli Manning is up and down and if they could get a up game from him in the last week of the year the Pats could be in trouble...The Giants can sack the QB and the key to beating the Pats is to put pressure on Tom Brady so he just can't sit back there all day..Also it is the last game of the year and if the Pats are still undefeated it could be interesting if they leave their starters out there for an extended period of time.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:22 pm

If they are still undefeated at the time of the Giants game, you know Belicek is going to leave all of his starters in. he wants that undefeated season very badly. you can tell just by the way he is running up the score on teams right now. As with the Giants beating them, i dont think they will, they are too unpredictable to pull off that kind of an upset. Yeah they can rush the quarterback but umenyoura (? dont know the spelling) is out and Strahan is getting old so i think the patriots will win that game
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things