Sean Taylor

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Sean Taylor

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:44 pm

"First and foremost we would like to thank all of the support received by our family during this time. We appreciate the love, support, and prayers received.

A special thanks to the Washington Redskins, University of Miami, the Jackson Ryder Trauma Unit doctor's and staff for all their endless efforts in the fight for Sean's life. Also I would like to thank the City of Florida City Mayor, Commissioners and staff and the community in general and a special thanks to the City of Florida City Police Department and members.

It is with deep regret that a young man had to come to his end so soon. Many of his fans loved him because the way he played football. Many of his opponents feared him the way he approached the game. Others misunderstood him, many appreciated him and his family loved him. I can only hope and pray that Sean life was not in vain that it might touch others in a special way.

Thanks to all the many, many fans, teammates, and just football fans across the world. I can truly say that for the 24 years that Sean has been in my life I have truly had a great time as a son, friend, parent, a brother, and father.

Our family would like to send a shout out to extend our deepest appreciation to each and every one. Also the media and how they have honored Sean for the man he was.

Again thank you

"Pedro Taylor"

Saw that somewhere and didn't see anythign on the site about his death and thought to post something on it...
baseball1981

Re: Sean Taylor

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:01 pm

i personally think the media has done a a poor job about how they honored him...all they have said is he changed since he had his daughter. most of the coverage has been a summary of his legal troubles. alot of this probably has to do with the fact that he didnt do many interviews so the media never got a chance to see what kinda person he really was
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 pm

baseball wrote:i personally think the media has done a a poor job about how they honored him...all they have said is he changed since he had his daughter. most of the coverage has been a summary of his legal troubles. alot of this probably has to do with the fact that he didnt do many interviews so the media never got a chance to see what kinda person he really was
yeah i didnt even really hear about it til today..
baseball1981

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:46 pm

What would you expect. He almost never did any interviews, so for anyone in the media to act like they were close friends would be a lie. It's not really their place to honor him as yet, their job is to report the facts. If people want to honor him that is up to the Redskins and the Hurricanes, which I'm sure they will do in some public manner.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Four men have been charged with the murder. It looks like the four went to Taylor's home not expecting anyone to be home and planned a robbery, but Taylor surprised them. Also have seen that their is some kind of confession, but it hasnt been released to the public. Its good to see justice being done for the Taylor family.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:41 pm

It bothers me the analysts immediately said it was because he was from the streets and his legal troubles. It actually ended up being the kid who cut his grass I hate sports analysts.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Yeah I know, they have no respect.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:23 am

Did anyone catch some of the tributes to Taylor on Sunday? I thought the 10 men on the field was a very moving way of showing their respect for him.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nc » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:26 am

I loved what they did with the 10 men on the field for the first play. I though it was a great way to honor the passing of Sean Taylor.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things