Fargodome expansion plans

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:18 am

Here's the story in the Fargo Forum of the proposed plans for the expansion project.  As a Fargo resident and an NDSU alumni,  I'd love to see it  happen, then put a  skywalk between the  BSA and the  new addition.   Solve  the parking crunch and it looks like a good solution for the next 20 years.  My only concern is that I hope they are making it expansion friendly in some way, because I think that they will be using most of those 6,000 seats as long as they keep winning, and stay in Summit League Conference races each year. 

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index. ... ction=news
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 am

NDSportsFan wrote: Here's the story in the Fargo Forum of the proposed plans for the expansion project.  As a Fargo resident and an NDSU alumni,  I'd love to see it  happen, then put a  skywalk between the  BSA and the  new addition.   Solve  the parking crunch and it looks like a good solution for the next 20 years.  My only concern is that I hope they are making it expansion friendly in some way, because I think that they will be using most of those 6,000 seats as long as they keep winning, and stay in Summit League Conference races each year. 

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=179852&section=news

I'm not sure if i remember correctly, but wasn't NDSU looking at an expansion to the BSA awhile back.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:35 am

They are currently renovating the BSA, which is sorely overdue, but I don't think the  work has begun yet.  Even if it is no longer used for basketball games it will still be utilized for many purposes.  I believe the total budget for that is 18 million dollars and is going to be funded by private donations.  I'm not an expert on the specifics, I'm sure someone else knows more than I do.  
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:06 pm

With the way basketball is becoming bigger and bigger at NDSU every year, will 6,000 be enough for the bball arena?  I mean they have a good team right now and just imagine how crazy the city of Fargo and NDSU will be if they make the NCAA Tournament within a few years, attendance will sky rise.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Cross_over » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:19 am

I agree i dont think 6,000 is enough. What i believe is that u should do all the changes now so you dont have to update it later in time and spend more money.
Cross_over
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 am

No doubt before this thing is built they need to think about what the future could look like attendance wise. If NDSU keeps up what they've done on the court 6000 isn't gonna get it done 10 years from now. Look at when the Fargodome was built they had plenty of seating then, but now they have started selling it out they could use a 25+ thousand stadium. How about state tournament uses??? 6000??? Think big because if ya wanna make North Dakota sports big, lets make sure the facilities are just as big. just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:05 am

What does the BSA hold?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:36 am

The BSA can hold about 6,500. 

I dont see why they're not making the seating much bigger for the new arena.  The NDSU-KSU game got 5,000 last year and now that conference play is starting attendance will go up and should continue to go up since they'll have a good team for the next few years.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:27 am

I agree...why are we building an arena smaller than the BSA...doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things