Upcoming NFL Draft

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:38 pm

A lot of time before the draft but who do you all think will be selected #1?
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Texans are gonna be fools if they don't take Manziel. Kid is going to be a major star. He just straight up knows how to win.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:49 am

I'm starting to lean towards Clowney. Big upside. The best pick in this draft will be to the team that gets C.J. Mosley. He is very underrated and will be a steal in the mid to late 1st round.
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Sniper » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 pm

I read somewhere that the Texans are trying hard to trade out of the number one pick. If they stay I think they will take Bortles, although I think the best pick would be Clowney.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Sniper wrote:I read somewhere that the Texans are trying hard to trade out of the number one pick. If they stay I think they will take Bortles, although I think the best pick would be Clowney.

I think if they take a QB that isn't Manziel, their fan base will kill them. If they don't and he has any sort of success as a rookie somewhere else then someone will be fired.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Sniper wrote:I read somewhere that the Texans are trying hard to trade out of the number one pick. If they stay I think they will take Bortles, although I think the best pick would be Clowney.

I think if they take a QB that isn't Manziel, their fan base will kill them. If they don't and he has any sort of success as a rookie somewhere else then someone will be fired.


Everyone said the same thing when the Texans took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. In the end, the Texans taking Williams was better until he left a couple seasons ago. Bush had a good first year but then had injuries and issues where he was ineffective.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14345
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Sniper wrote:I read somewhere that the Texans are trying hard to trade out of the number one pick. If they stay I think they will take Bortles, although I think the best pick would be Clowney.

I think if they take a QB that isn't Manziel, their fan base will kill them. If they don't and he has any sort of success as a rookie somewhere else then someone will be fired.


Everyone said the same thing when the Texans took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. In the end, the Texans taking Williams was better until he left a couple seasons ago. Bush had a good first year but then had injuries and issues where he was ineffective.

This is different. If they pick Clowney, then there won't be the same uproar since its a different position. Their fans will not be happy with Bortles though. Manziel being a local is a big thing.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:59 pm

I don't think Manziel is in the running for the #1 overall. I think if you want Manziel you should try to find someone that really wants Clowney and trade down.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Sniper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 am

IMO there're no "Franchise QBs" in this draft. Manziel is popular and makes entertaining plays but doesn't have the prototypical size and does a lot of unorthodox things.. He is either going to be a star or a giant bust. Bortles has the size and arm but still needs to be developed. Bridgewater has the football IQ but cannot make all the throws. With all these questions at QB I think its smarter to take the best overall player. Watt and Clowney would make a nasty pass rush combo. D-line pressure is the best way to slow down a QB and they are going to need to find a way to slow down Luck for the next 10 years.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 am

Sounds like the Vikes may be looking at Derek Carr. Big arm. Good bloodline. Question will be can he keep his composure in the pocket. Didn't do so well his last game against USC facing a lot of blitz packages. Looked great in his pro day but that is scripted and doesn't mean that much in my opinion. Picking him at 8 would probably be too high. If they could get him in 2nd round, think they will be sitting good for the future but doubt he will be there. Still think Ponder can be serviceable until they find the right QB, especially with Turner there to tutor.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Re: Upcoming NFL Draft

Postby Indy5 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:Sounds like the Vikes may be looking at Derek Carr. Big arm. Good bloodline. Question will be can he keep his composure in the pocket. Didn't do so well his last game against USC facing a lot of blitz packages. Looked great in his pro day but that is scripted and doesn't mean that much in my opinion. Picking him at 8 would probably be too high. If they could get him in 2nd round, think they will be sitting good for the future but doubt he will be there. Still think Ponder can be serviceable until they find the right QB, especially with Turner there to tutor.

Ponder can't be serviceable. Cassell can though
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND


Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron