A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Postby Flip » Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 pm

winner-within wrote:I would really like to know a few names of the potentially contributing athletes that aren't going out for sports in (and I'll give the benefit of the doubt) NE, ND ....and because of this a few names of the co-ops formed due to kids saying "no thank you, I'm just going to sit on my Butt"....It would startle me If somebody said (lets say for instance) "Austin Volk isnt playing next season, he lost interest because of the co-op"....

I won't give names, but my local school was forced to switch co-ops for softball. We were the "host" school and then ended up being the secondary school in the newest co-op and our numbers fell off a cliff after the 2nd co-op. All of the "average" players quit and even some of our best players did as well. Our lead off batter (CF) and our best JV player (P, SS) didn't play one season in the new co-op. Both girls would be starting on a pretty good team now had they stuck it out. 2011 was our last year as the host school and we only have 2 players left from that team that still play.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Postby winner-within » Thu May 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:I would really like to know a few names of the potentially contributing athletes that aren't going out for sports in (and I'll give the benefit of the doubt) NE, ND ....and because of this a few names of the co-ops formed due to kids saying "no thank you, I'm just going to sit on my Butt"....It would startle me If somebody said (lets say for instance) "Austin Volk isnt playing next season, he lost interest because of the co-op"....

I won't give names, but my local school was forced to switch co-ops for softball. We were the "host" school and then ended up being the secondary school in the newest co-op and our numbers fell off a cliff after the 2nd co-op. All of the "average" players quit and even some of our best players did as well. Our lead off batter (CF) and our best JV player (P, SS) didn't play one season in the new co-op. Both girls would be starting on a pretty good team now had they stuck it out. 2011 was our last year as the host school and we only have 2 players left from that team that still play.


This is actually mind boggling but on the contrary softball is an easy sport to quit, or not even offer....I would suspect this might happen in track, golf, cc track, maybe even baseball....but wrestling, Basketball football and volleyball nobody in there right mind is throwing in the towel (if so they're babied) ...so let them quit.....i would also go on to say this Poisson could be used to advocate the end to certain co-op or co-op proposals and then let the chips fall where they may ....Sports Co-ops generally speaking take away from the concept of the sport itself.....there is not one sports co-op in Class A that I know of...and this contributes to there sucsess also....so lets have mini Class A schools....40-70 in each class and go with it.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Winner you crack me up. Now only certain sports matter for your argument. I think co-ops affect participation more in baseball, football, and volleyball. in the other sports like wrestling, baseball, cc, track, etc. there are many co-ops that exist only so a few players from a certain school have the opportunity to play.

There are also many co-ops in class A with neighboring communities to allow kids to play the sport. More co-ops in class A exist for sports like hockey (girls especially), swimming, gymnastics, soccer, etc. Go to the NDHSAA site and look until co-ops for sports and you'll be surprised. Just because each school isn't listed in the name they co-ops go by doesn't mean they don't exist.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Postby winner-within » Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Winner you crack me up. Now only certain sports matter for your argument. I think co-ops affect participation more in baseball, football, and volleyball. in the other sports like wrestling, baseball, cc, track, etc. there are many co-ops that exist only so a few players from a certain school have the opportunity to play.

There are also many co-ops in class A with neighboring communities to allow kids to play the sport. More co-ops in class A exist for sports like hockey (girls especially), swimming, gymnastics, soccer, etc. Go to the NDHSAA site and look until co-ops for sports and you'll be surprised. Just because each school isn't listed in the name they co-ops go by doesn't mean they don't exist.


I said on the contrary....I did not say they didn't matter..... I did say mind boggling, Right?...you have to stop implying ...I am not trying to win an argument that you started either....I am just saying sports co-ops are a stint and true consolidations are permanent.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 pm

I can't follow your arguments anyway....just glad there was something to read for my enjoyment on preps today because it was a slow day at work.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3657
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: A True Consolidation not a Sports co-op

Postby winner-within » Thu May 16, 2013 3:08 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I can't follow your arguments anyway....just glad there was something to read for my enjoyment on preps today because it was a slow day at work.


Might be because I'm not arguing.....

Bottom line

If the NDHAA can one year approve to have a school going one direction and the next year a different direction and after a few years it all dissolves, etc. etc.... then nobody better start complaining of kids (individually) jumping ship or TRANSFERRING, they're obviously lead by example...while other players and students are getting stung by the means.

Consolidate-lock it- set it in stone and ink and alot of BS will diminish and eventually go away....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests