2012 NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Flip wrote:No one said it was easy. It is easier than some other sports, NFL, MLB, NHL. You got saying something stupid (big shocker) and instead of admitting you're wrong you keep backtracking to make yourself right.

Something Stupid???.......Way more 18 year old NHL'ers & MLB'ers than NBA'ers there Flipster......some even come outta the Dominican Republic and Canada... :roll:

And yes the Adjective used was EASY!!....Even By you there Dainty Man!

NFL??? who would want to play in it anyway!.........

Talent is Good and Helps Win.......but to win the NBA Finals for those of you short on NBA knowledge
Strength wins Down the stretch and the heat have the Strongest 1,2 punch with Bron and D-wade

Know when to Bet the Over, and Know when to bet the Under.... :wink:

good luck in the future!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:26 pm

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:No one said it was easy. It is easier than some other sports, NFL, MLB, NHL. You got saying something stupid (big shocker) and instead of admitting you're wrong you keep backtracking to make yourself right.

Something Stupid???.......Way more 18 year old NHL'ers & MLB'ers than NBA'ers there Flipster......some even come outta the Dominican Republic and Canada... :roll:

Talent is Good and Helps Win.......but to win the NBA Finals for those of you short on NBA knowledge
Strength wins Down the stretch and the heat have the Strongest 1,2 punch with Bron and D-wade

good luck in the future!

LeBron, Wade and Bosh vs. Durant, Harden and Westbrook (I think its a push...LeBron and Wade are tough but those three Thunder players are just as tough)
Heat Role Players vs. Thunder Role Players (Thunder Role Players are better...IMO; Chalmers is tough though)
Spolestra vs. Brooks (I don't even know...it'll come down to the players on the floor)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm

winner-within wrote:Something Stupid???.......Way more 18 year old NHL'ers & MLB'ers than NBA'ers there Flipster......some even come outta the Dominican Republic and Canada... :roll:

First, you said HS to to the NBA, now you're talking 18 year old's. Try to stick to one story. But anyway in the last 30 years there has only been one 18 year old in MLB, Alex Rodriguez, and he didn't go straight from HS to the Majors. There have been at least 11 18 year old's in the NBA in that same time span and there would have been more if not for the 1 year out HS rule implemented by the NBA.

Hockey, you have more of an argument, but most (maybe all) play juniors in HS before going to the NHL.

No it wasn't, but just continue to make stuff up to fit your story.

NFL??? who would want to play in it anyway!

Obviously we can't count the NFL because it defeats your previous statement about going from HS to the NBA.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:LeBron, Wade and Bosh vs. Durant, Harden and Westbrook (I think its a push...LeBron and Wade are tough but those three Thunder players are just as tough)
Heat Role Players vs. Thunder Role Players (Thunder Role Players are better...IMO; Chalmers is tough though)
Spolestra vs. Brooks (I don't even know...it'll come down to the players on the floor)

I agree with almost everything you said. Heat stars might have an advantage if Lebron plays like the GOAT, which he has the talent too, but has never done in the finals.
Heat role players are so bad IMO.
General consensus I get from what I read is Brooks and Spo are both pretty bad, but Spo is worse.

Thunder are definitely the favorite, but it wouldn't be a shocking upset if the Heat win.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Something Stupid???.......Way more 18 year old NHL'ers & MLB'ers than NBA'ers there Flipster......some even come outta the Dominican Republic and Canada... :roll:

First, you said HS to to the NBA, now you're talking 18 year old's. Try to stick to one story. But anyway in the last 30 years there has only been one 18 year old in MLB, Alex Rodriguez, and he didn't go straight from HS to the Majors. There have been at least 11 18 year old's in the NBA in that same time span and there would have been more if not for the 1 year out HS rule implemented by the NBA.

Hockey, you have more of an argument, but most (maybe all) play juniors in HS before going to the NHL.

No it wasn't, but just continue to make stuff up to fit your story.

NFL??? who would want to play in it anyway!

Obviously we can't count the NFL because it defeats your previous statement about going from HS to the NBA.

OBVIOUSLY!......They aren't going to Start Farm teams or Minor teams for the 2 most BLACK dominate Sports in the World.....so you have to go from High School directly to "THE SPORT" pro wise or college wise.

and the NFL has made it impossible (although I know I could round up some dudes who would immediately make an impact on the game) even a few WHITE QB's

and PLEASE continue on taking (what you think are the WEAK SPOTS IN MY POSTS and I stress YOU!) and I will continue on my Quest of redemtion to the ones who claim they KNOW yet they haven't a clue!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:36 pm

We could do this forever. You make an idiotic comment, I prove you're dead wrong, you come back and change the facts or ignore that you're wrong, etc. Could you ever admit you're wrong, which you're proven over and over again? For someone who does so much research you provide no facts to back up any of your dribble. Why should we believe you when you provide no evidence?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:46 am

Flip wrote:We could do this forever. You make an idiotic comment, I prove you're dead wrong, you come back and change the facts or ignore that you're wrong, etc. Could you ever admit you're wrong, which you're proven over and over again? For someone who does so much research you provide no facts to back up any of your dribble. Why should we believe you when you provide no evidence?

The NBA is the Hardest Sport of all Pro Sports in the World to Go directly from high school to the Draft

Dribble that... 8)
Last edited by winner-within on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:out of all the pro sports in the world.....I would say that it is hardest to leave high school and go right to the NBA than any other one.

You must not watch many other sports. Of the 3 major sports, the NBA is the only one where players ever could go from high school straight to the pros.

Look at baseball. Even someone like Bryce Harper had to go through a year or two in the minors before he went to the MLB. I don't know if anyone has ever went straight to the majors from college or high school.

Football doesn't even think of letting people go from high school to the NFL because they would get killed because of how physical the game is and their bodies just would not be ready.

So actually, in the 3 major American sports, basketball is the easiest to go from high school to the pros.

Heres where the true ignorance begins.............I didn't say the "3 major sports" I said of "all the Pro sports in the world"

and Yes Flipster........ Somebody said EASY!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

good luck in the future!

LeBron, Wade and Bosh vs. Durant, Harden and Westbrook (I think its a push...LeBron and Wade are tough but those three Thunder players are just as tough)

I thought of this over the weekend also

SI>>In the conference finals 2011, the Heat played a Bulls team that was deeper and stronger, but did not match up well with Miami and had very limited playoff experience, which showed in the final minutes of games. The Heat won that series in five. (taken from SI)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 am

Picked the Boomers in game one, and won the over....

Westbrook shoots to much for a 1, this almost hooked the Thunder in the last series, it will hook em in this one!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Drivers Seat.....Honk!...Honk!

Clutch D by Bron Bron
Clutch Free throws Too!! :P

Wade, you played like MJ tonight....saw alot of MJ (not Kobe)

Battier? wicked stroke!

Durant? the best scorer since Bird (hands Down)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:03 pm

This years finals seems to be the best in several years. Both teams are playing well. I like the runs each team are having, making watching the game very exciting.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:01 am

It is really Good....but after years and years of observation its still somewhat predictable!

Its a Cleaner Game in 2012......and a few years prior ...........Stern's laying down the hammer!

Notice way more Europeans & Internationals a few years back (filling starting spots)?? ..... they thought this would clean the game and help keep out the riff raff

instead they found out fewer viewers..

The US likes to see the ones they watched in College fill the Draft spots and not the Europeans or internationals

So the new theory??...........If we are going back to the days of 75-80% Black?.............they better not even dare screw up.......if they are going to lay down big WANTS with their Labor Union....then they will Play by our rules

Still great Basketball....might even add.....better BBall all around
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 am

winner-within wrote:Picked the Boomers in game one, and won the over....

Westbrook shoots to much for a 1, this almost hooked the Thunder in the last series, it will hook em in this one!

I said this last Wednesday, cant believe it took so long for people to figure it out
Have known it since he come in .........but really noticed it against SA

Taken from SI
Westbrook had a poor opening half in Game 2 that contributed to Oklahoma City's instant 18-2 deficit, and he's shooting 40 percent while attempting eight more shots than Durant over the two games. It is not a winning formula, but Westbrook has been unapologetic.
Last edited by winner-within on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 pm

OKC feeling the pressure. No one played well for them. You have to question why Brooks was playing Perkins at the end of the game instead of Ibaka. Honestly, what does Perkins give you that Ibaka doesn't? Also, at the end of the 3rd when KD picks up his 4th foul why would you bench RWB? I understand he was playing poorly, but how do you plan to score w/o those two on the floor and Harden playing horribly.

Looking forward to Tuesday's game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:20 am

Heat Boss???

you know, he wrote "the winner-within"....

would he trade Lebron for both Durant and Westbrook??

No he wouldnt
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm not totally the type to keep it all inside

So I will make a Revelation

I based this years Prediction for the Finals partially....or you could say 60% of it, on the two 23 year olds

They are Solid....but it takes Strength to win Mental and Physical....and D-wade and Lebron have that covered

• The Thunder fouled three-point shooters on consecutive possessions. Has that ever happened in the history of basketball? Nobody should ever foul a three-point shooter. How does it happen on two straight trips down the court? What the Thunder did is like getting drunk and accidentally trying to make out with your cousin. Twice.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1yCItzu1m
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:34 am

SI
clip

"I'm going to shoot until my arm falls off in the fourth," Durant promised. "That's what I do. I don't care if I miss it or if I make it. I believe in myself.

Problem is so does Westbrook

how can they both shoot till their arms fall off?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 pm

D-Wade......Spoltra's lucky you've.... been dare don dat!!!!

Unreal D!!!

Also Cole tested Chalmers.....Chalmers responded

Lebron? ....Clutch 3, while experiencing cramps and one shy of a triple double....sitting the last 55 secs

with trust in the mates???..............truly historic in terms of the path to the "Ring"
Last edited by winner-within on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Hind sights 20/20........but seriously, Boston would have beaten the Thunder too.......

which makes Parker and Ginobli a bit deceiving
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am

Black Mamba on 2p2 forums sums it up pretty good with this post:
Westbrook was incredible.

He should take 40 shots a game because they are all either layups or wide open pull up 15 jumpers.

Much rather have him shoot 40 times than have Durant take contested 20-26 fters.

Harden has just been a disaster. If he semi shows up.....or even if he doesn't just randomly blow layups and turn the ball over...it is probably 3-1 Thunder.

Such a sad story.

Lebron 2nd GOAT.

Heat have consistently had role players step up. Battier, Chalmers, Jones, Cole etc.

Thunder have had zero.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

if Westbrook is the Thunder... they wont represent the west next season in the finals...actually they wont anyway
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:..by winner-within » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:35 am....Heat will win it all .........over the Thunder

Must be because LeBron is so clutch.

Actually thats exactly why...thank you!

James has also come through in the “clutch” in each of the last three games, and all four, really, if you count the five points he scored in the last 2:45 of Game 1 to keep Miami alive. The hysterical LeBron haters have never accepted evidence that went against his crunch-time failure narrative, so perhaps those Game 1 points will strangely disappear from the record
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Heat in 5...Good Night!

LeBron gets his second ring in June 13

Its hard to win in Oklahoma...............yet harder to win in Miami, My Amie
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things