2012 NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:38 pm

The first time I read that post it said "the Best"
And Spoltra couldn't carry Brooks Clipboard
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm

No, it didn't.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 pm

dont like Pop or the Spurs .............Dont care who the best is at anything........I did feel the Thunder could Graduate to Greatness this year, and they did...and their Coach helped them

If Heat Win (and I still think they can and will) It will be because the Players made the Moves...not the Coach
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 pm

winner-within wrote:The first time I read that post it said "the Best"
And Spoltra couldn't carry Brooks Clipboard

It never said anything like that
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 pm

out of all the pro sports in the world.....I would say that it is hardest to leave high school and go right to the NBA than any other one.

out of all the players who have ever played in any pro sport, I know nobody has endured more pressure or scrutiny than LeBron

The most "weak minded Superstar of all time in the NBA"????????....

Put yourself in my shoes and walk a mile, walk a mile for me......for when you put yourself in my shoes maybe then you'll see....

BOSTON is DONE!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:39 pm

winner-within wrote:out of all the pro sports in the world.....I would say that it is hardest to leave high school and go right to the NBA than any other one.

You must not watch many other sports. Of the 3 major sports, the NBA is the only one where players ever could go from high school straight to the pros.

Look at baseball. Even someone like Bryce Harper had to go through a year or two in the minors before he went to the MLB. I don't know if anyone has ever went straight to the majors from college or high school.

Football doesn't even think of letting people go from high school to the NFL because they would get killed because of how physical the game is and their bodies just would not be ready.

So actually, in the 3 major American sports, basketball is the easiest to go from high school to the pros.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby 14OldSchool » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Agree completely. A high school senior might be fast enough to run with an NFL d-back but would get murdered catching a ball across the middle of the field. Literally, murdered. Hence the rules preventing underclassmen from entering the draft. There wouldn't be enough gurneys in the stadium to haul away the bodies.
"You are in the Army. You're in my Army. Everyday between three and five." - Coach Norman Dale
14OldSchool
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:out of all the pro sports in the world.....I would say that it is hardest to leave high school and go right to the NBA than any other one.

You must not watch many other sports. Of the 3 major sports, the NBA is the only one where players ever could go from high school straight to the pros.

Look at baseball. Even someone like Bryce Harper had to go through a year or two in the minors before he went to the MLB. I don't know if anyone has ever went straight to the majors from college or high school.

Football doesn't even think of letting people go from high school to the NFL because they would get killed because of how physical the game is and their bodies just would not be ready.

So actually, in the 3 major American sports, basketball is the easiest to go from high school to the pros.

except for now its not allowed...a player must have a year of college now before they can enter the draft

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/history/draft/in ... e=straight
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Not necessarily, a player must be a year removed from HS. He can go play overseas if he wishes, like Brandon Jennings.

But to say from HS to the NBA is the hardest of any sport/league is rather ridiculous.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 am

Flip wrote:Not necessarily, a player must be a year removed from HS. He can go play overseas if he wishes, like Brandon Jennings.

But to say from HS to the NBA is the hardest of any sport/league is rather ridiculous.

that is true...year removed from HS...that's what I was meaning to say
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:28 am

Its like this........Who out there claiming they know everything about sports can actually produce a Lebron.......or for the sake of the argument even a Rhondo (6'2") but hands and arms of a 6'6" jordan

its easiest to leave high school and go to the Pros in Basketball......... :lol: .....If your a Human Specimen maybe

There has Never been a LeBron in the NBA....not even close.....and he skipped COLLEGE ball!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 am

KG, Rhono?? your idiots to leave the court and go to the Lockers.....and you will one day regret it

its highly evident Riley is conducting the show from behind the scenes down the stretch..........Chalmers may have earned himself less PT during the finals (played like he was the man) and he's far from it!

Love the Thunder!! but their done in 5
Last edited by winner-within on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 am

Thunder win it all in 6 games!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 am

winner-within wrote:its easiest to leave high school and go to the Pros in Basketball......... :lol: .....If your a Human Specimen maybe

aren't we all "Human Specimen?"

There has Never been a LeBron in the NBA....not even close.....and he skipped COLLEGE ball!!

Lebron is the best player in the NBA and has been for awhile, but what does skipping college have to do with it?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Thunder win it all in 6 games!

Heat in 5...........I literally hate when I contradict myself
Last edited by winner-within on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:01 pm

winner-within wrote:its easiest to leave high school and go to the Pros in Basketball......... :lol: .....If your a Human Specimen maybe

So you're trying to tell me that you think it would be easier to do it in the other sports where it's never been done than in the NBA where it has been done a lot?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Thunder in 5....maybe 6 if the Heat get lucky
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 pm

winner-within wrote:KG, Rhono?? your idiots to leave the court and go to the Lockers.....and you will one day regret it

Is Lebron an idiot for not shaking hands with the Magic after the Cavs lost in the Eastern Conference Finals in '09?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:07 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:KG, Rhono?? your idiots to leave the court and go to the Lockers.....and you will one day regret it

Is Lebron an idiot for not shaking hands with the Magic after the Cavs lost in the Eastern Conference Finals in '09?

Yep, Although he is growing up
KG never has
Just one or 2 words from the right guy (coach or veteran) after those series can leave an impact.

The one thing I have noticed through exchange on this Forum, is its really obvious to me (and I'm glad) that Not Many out there Follow or like the NBA
I know for certain that in comparison to Flip, Indy, Run I have watched and Read and researched 10 times as much NBA as you three combined.

But I still dont mind the exchanges. Why would I? there's nobody else to haggle with about the NBA in North Dakota/ MN

Oh! how about them Devils

Now that might spark some Talk... :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby SEC » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 pm

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:

Yep, Although he is growing up
KG never has
Just one or 2 words from the right guy (coach or veteran) after those series can leave an impact.

The one thing I have noticed through exchange on this Forum, is its really obvious to me (and I'm glad) that Not Many out there Follow or like the NBA
I know for certain that in comparison to Flip, Indy, Run I have watched and Read and researched 10 times as much NBA as you three combined.

But I still dont mind the exchanges. Why would I? there's nobody else to haggle with about the NBA in North Dakota/ MN

Oh! how about them Devils

Now that might spark some Talk... :D

This is one of the most ignorant and arrogant posts that has been on the forum in some time. I'm not gonna argue with you about how I know more than you about the NBA because I watch it occasionally but not as much as I watch baseball and basketball. But to say that you know more than three people combined is absurd. Also, how is it not easier to go straight from high school to the pros in basketball where it has been done plenty of times, than it is to go straight from high to the pros in football and baseball when it has been done never and very few times.
SEC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm

that's the point....you don't know!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:49 pm

winner-within wrote:that's the point....you don't know!

That's because there's a reason it isn't allowed. You'd have to have played football to truly understand that.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:that's the point....you don't know!

That's because there's a reason it isn't allowed. You'd have to have played football to truly understand that.

Research

Tennis
Golf
Hockey
MLB
Soccer
Track

Because the whole world is Now Playing in the NBA you have to take into consideration what and how other countries do too!...

then figure out how big and bad you have to be to go directly to the NBA at 18 or 19 years old

1 in 1,000 college Basketball players, Just in the United States, make it to the NBA ........just because KG, Kemp, Lebron, Dawkins, Malone, Bryant did it ....thats easy??? come on! how come I'm always the "far fetched one"???? because the attackers didnt really think about it.... .......its practibly a Miracle
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:34 pm

No one said it was easy. It is easier than some other sports, NFL, MLB, NHL. You got saying something stupid (big shocker) and instead of admitting you're wrong you keep backtracking to make yourself right.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Flip wrote:No one said it was easy. It is easier than some other sports, NFL, MLB, NHL. You got saying something stupid (big shocker) and instead of admitting you're wrong you keep backtracking to make yourself right.

not surprised...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things