Brett Favre

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Will Brett Favre retire this year?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Postby 1337 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:57 am

What do you think, will Brett Favre retire this year or not? And or...should he?
Last edited by 1337 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:48 pm

I have nothin but respect for what he has done in his career and he's one of the best to play the game of football. But if your hearts not there, give it up and enjoy the rest of your life and be with your family. Has all the money you could ever want and nothing to prove. Just say good bye.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:59 am

ndfan wrote:I have nothin but respect for what he has done in his career and he's one of the best to play the game of football. But if your hearts not there, give it up and enjoy the rest of your life and be with your family. Has all the money you could ever want and nothing to prove. Just say good bye.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

*Edit* I can't see him in another team's uniform either!
Last edited by 1337 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:18 pm

I got to see Brett for the first time this year.  I watched him play on Sunday night Football against the Lions.  He so passionately with determination led his team down the field in OT to win on a Longwell field goal only two minutes into OT, in front of the frenzied Lambeau crowd.  At that point I thought for sure he was coming back. He was so excited about the win. I guess things change. I sure hope he has a change of heart because he still looked like he wanted the ball in those final minutes.
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby 1337 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:15 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:I got to see Brett for the first time this year.  I watched him play on Sunday night Football against the Lions.  He so passionately with determination led his team down the field in OT to win on a Longwell field goal only two minutes into OT, in front of the frenzied Lambeau crowd.  At that point I thought for sure he was coming back. He was so excited about the win. I guess things change. I sure hope he has a change of heart because he still looked like he wanted the ball in those final minutes.

Valid point and I'm sure that is how he felt at that point, but after seeing that ESPN interview it seems as if he is looking for someone to make the decision for him (management) and the comment about not being sure he wanted the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left to play casts a huge shadow of a doubt in my mind.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Batman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:18 pm

If the Packers were not rebuilding he would definetly be back, but does he really want to go through another difficult season at his age?  Maybe he'll just take the year off or something, I could see that, he'd come back for 2 more years, be the hero again.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:08 pm

I think once Favre says he is done, I believe that's it. No MJ routine for him. It's going to be interesting, especially considering we're now truly into the off-season!
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things