Rose

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Rose

Postby winner-within » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 am

There is IMHO....only one Rose........He has the mind set of a Kareem-Hakeem-Bird-Stockton-Nash....not looking for any Glory, Playing the game he Loves and staying out of the Lime Light......His Back is coming around......compared to boxers he's a Hagler...compared to Nascar drivers he's a Martin.....He is the single most Dominate player (even above Jordan (the most ultimate Bull) in the NBA........I like him........I'm starting to not like the Heat....(way to much pizzas) and a little bit of the pistons/lakers in the 80's...

tell me what you think........there are Players......and there are PLAYERS.... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Rose

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:49 am

I think Derrick Rose is a fabulous player, but I don't think he is the best in the NBA and nowhere near as dominant as Jordan. Rose and Lebron do a lot of the same things on the court, I think Lebron just does them better.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:43 pm

I think Rose is the best point guard in the league right now, but he is not even close to Jordan as an all around player, or Magic for that matter. I hope he is healthy come playoff time because I want to see anybody but the Heat win the Championship!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 pm

I don't see rose as being an all time great yet, he could be eventually. And I would say when Shaq was in his prime he was the most dominant player in NBA history (recent) Wilt was dominant back in his day
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:48 pm

The Schwab wrote:I don't see rose as being an all time great yet, he could be eventually. And I would say when Shaq was in his prime he was the most dominant player in NBA history (recent) Wilt was dominant back in his day

Wilt just wasn't fair. He was 7'2 when everyone was 6'6.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

WAY too much love for Rose. I don't think he'll go down as a great. Certainly not better than Jordan. He might be in my top 10 right now, not positive on that. The Bulls will never win a title with him at the point. I don't think you can do it with a point guard who wants to try and lead the league in scoring. He tries to win every game in the 4th by himself, and it doesn't work that much. He has completely awful shot selection a lot of the time. He takes a lot of tough jumpers and he's not a very good jump shooter.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 pm

winner-within wrote:I'm starting to not like the Heat....(way to much pizzas) and a little bit of the pistons/lakers in the 80's...

I hate the Heat. Wade is probably the dirtiest player in the game that no one notices (see cheap shot in an ALL STAR GAME on Kobe and the fact that Pierce almost gets in a fight with him everytime they play because of the cheap shots on Allen) and Lebron just acts like an immature, annoying 13 year old.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I don't see rose as being an all time great yet, he could be eventually. And I would say when Shaq was in his prime he was the most dominant player in NBA history (recent) Wilt was dominant back in his day

Wilt just wasn't fair. He was 7'2 when everyone was 6'6.

I feel the same way, but figured I should mention him.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:04 am

I shouldn't have said he's better Than Jordan...I should have said he is way beyond Jordan when it comes to maturity as far as years in the league........Rose is a Special player...He made MVP of the leaugue way before Jordan did in comparison.......Jordan was way more like LeBron is when it comes to "look at Me"......Rose is a lot like Tim Ducan saying to his team!! Jump on my back and "I will carry you!!"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 am

The best thing about Rose is how unlike almost every othe player of his caliber he doesn't seem to be obsessed with the spot light. He is just out playing the game he loves to the best of his ability and playing it at an extremely high level. As far as wanting to put the team on his back in the 4th goes, isn't that what you want out of your star? Lebron has been torn apart for years because he doesn't do just that.

Rose is in the top 2 or 3 players in the league. If he continues to grow and learn, works on his jump shot and shot section, he will go down as a great player. He has all the tools. Chicago will win at least one championship with him at the point, probably multiple.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:25 am

I think Rose is one of the young stars in the league but I don't think he is a top five player, and in fact I think Chris Paul and Deron WIlliams are both better point guards. JMO
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:17 am

cubsfan wrote:I think Rose is one of the young stars in the league but I don't think he is a top five player, and in fact I think Chris Paul and Deron WIlliams are both better point guards. JMO

Hes not top 5 this year because of an on going Back issue.......but I'm wondering how you get MVP of the league and you not top 5 material?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 am

winner-within wrote:
cubsfan wrote:I think Rose is one of the young stars in the league but I don't think he is a top five player, and in fact I think Chris Paul and Deron WIlliams are both better point guards. JMO

Hes not top 5 this year because of an on going Back issue.......but I'm wondering how you get MVP of the league and you not top 5 material?

Most Valuable and best players are two different things. Like I said, I think Deron WIlliams and Chris Paul are both better than him when they are all healthy. I think he is phenomenal player, but there are a lot of talented players in NBA today.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm going to have to agree with winner on this. You don't win MVP in a league that is "full of talented players" if you aren't a top 5 player. You don't beat out Lebron, Durant, and Kobe if you aren't an elite player. This year his production has slipped due to on going health issues, but when he is healthy he is great. I think he is in the top 1 or 2 players at his position, I think he is better than Williams but with the season Williams is having it is hard to point out anyone better than him.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things