Best Running Back in College

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Best Running Back in College

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:45 am

Montee Ball showed during the Rose Bowl that he is the best RB in college football. He had 164 yds a TD and multiple clutch receptions. He finished the season with 1923 rushing yds and tied Barry Sanders single season record for TDs with 39.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Re: Best Running Back in College

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Wish he could have gotten 40. He probably is the best back, but who knows. He benefits a lot from that giant offensive line of his.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Ball is a excellent back, but in my opinion the best this year is Trent Richardson from Alabama
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 am

I think he could have gotten 40 except White (Wisconsins other RB) took a lot of carries from him. He is fun to watch! During the Rose Bowl he broke at least one tackle on almost every play. He just doesn't go down and he explodes on every play. Great field vision, football smart, explosive, and hard working. He is a coaches dream. After getting benched last year instead of complaining or transfering he worked hard to improve and lost 20 pounds. He is a great example for other players on how to handle something like that.

Richardson is a real solid back but Ball has a lot better stats and IMO is the better back. They both have a lot of potential as far as the NFL is concerned. As far as the line goes, he does have a real good line in front of him but if you watched him play he is perhaps one of the best I have ever seen at letting blocks develop and then either exploding through the hole or going in the opposite direction of the line and creating for himself.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby DL Satans » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 am

I know this is an old topic, but I gotta say, the defenses Ball played against aren't as good IMHO as the one's Richardson had to face. There is not much of a comparison when you look at the big 10 vs the SEC. Just look at the NFL draft and who goes when. SEC defenses are head and shoulders above most other conf's in defense.
Bama will have another crop of great RB's this coming season (2013) Justin Fowler, T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry (all time leading rusher nationally in high school). Yeldon had a great season in Bama's run at another NC as a true freshman. Fowler was injured early on and had his knee done, but was almost ok to play against Notre Dame in the title game. If Henry can learn the plays, Saban has shown he isn't shy about putting a true freshman in there. Bama has a couple of other RB's who saw limited play who could factor in.
DL Satans
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things