MLB Extra Innings -- Out-of Market definition

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

MLB Extra Innings -- Out-of Market definition

Postby vikingman » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:36 pm

I don't get the Twins on Dish, but I just got an offer for MLB Extra Innings for the final month of the season. But, it says 'out-of-market' games only. Is North Dakota considered 'out-of-market' for the Twins?

and now it occurs to me-- by 'out-of-market' do they mean you LIVE far enough away from the team, or does it just mean you don't have access to their tv broadcasts? If that's the case, then I would obviously be out-of-market because I'm not able to get their games.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: MLB Extra Innings -- Out-of Market definition

Postby Mandan » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:31 pm

North Dakota would be considered in market for the Twins as most providers carry Bally Sports North. So the mlb app probably won't help you. Now what would really help you is the Bally Sports App that is out. They don't have all of their teams available yet, but it sounds like next year the Twins should be included. So then you could use that app, and the MLB blackout shouldn't apply as you are watching on the provider that would be available through cable.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things