COVID-19 and the return of HS athletics

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

COVID-19 and the return of HS athletics

Postby Flip » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:05 pm

How do you think we get sports back in ND? I've seen a couple posts that they're worried about football next fall. I'll ask, why do you think basketball will be played next winter?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: COVID-19 and the return of HS athletics

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:29 am

I think sports will resume next year. I'm not confident that they will resume in a full capacity with fans and the current setup but I do think we play a "full" sports slate next year. Start times, season lengths, etc might be impacted. I look at it like this, everything needs to head back to normal sometime. By August of next year we will be way closer to treatments, vaccines, and just increased knowledge about the virus. We also will have more of a herd immunity built up by then. November we have a national election. How would you postpone a presidential election!? I do not see it happening so we will need to be taking steps towards normality for the election to happen. I could be dead wrong, heaven knows these are times of constant change, but believe we will have football next fall.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:50 am

I do not see how we will be back in school or sports right now without a vaccine. Everyone is terrified of this thing and the media isn't helping. These numbers the IHME are coming up with for ND aren't even close to correct and they are updating them with incorrect information. I think there are only two ways the school open on time and we have sports next year. 1. There is a vaccine 2. We believe the peak of the virus has hit and we believe a return to normalcy is more important than hiding from this virus anymore.

Personally I do not see us back to school or sports until there is a vaccine. Which might be an entire year from right now. I hope for a different outcome but I just don't see it with the absolute fear ppl have of this thing.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cmplx6 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:53 am

Well North Dakota announced that fall sports will be returning like normal.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things