NEW STATE RECORD

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

NEW STATE RECORD

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:30 am

Shanley’s Emmet Kenney booted a 58-yard FG tonight which is good for the longest FG in State History (previous record mark was 52 yards).

Note: very little wind tonight so this was done with no major tailwind like many long FGs and it had the distance to go in from 60+
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: NEW STATE RECORD

Postby NDPREP » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 am

Its sort of sad to me we dont have official state season records. Would be nice to have the career rushing leader and the like, not just dakota bowl records.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Sports Fan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 am

NDPREP wrote:Its sort of sad to me we dont have official state season records. Would be nice to have the career rushing leader and the like, not just dakota bowl records.

This is an excellent point NDPREP. Is this true of all sports in ND? I thought I have seen career records for boys basketball, at least in the annual Hoopster. I recall when Rylie Nudell broke the state scoring record, I think it was reported as the "unofficial" record. (I am not questioning that she broke it). Is there a state record book somewhere for all ND High School sports? If not, is this a project for a ND Historian at some point.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 am

ND Sports Fan wrote:
NDPREP wrote:Its sort of sad to me we dont have official state season records. Would be nice to have the career rushing leader and the like, not just dakota bowl records.

This is an excellent point NDPREP. Is this true of all sports in ND? I thought I have seen career records for boys basketball, at least in the annual Hoopster. I recall when Rylie Nudell broke the state scoring record, I think it was reported as the "unofficial" record. (I am not questioning that she broke it). Is there a state record book somewhere for all ND High School sports? If not, is this a project for a ND Historian at some point.

Good Luck to that person. During the winter, I have sent out many feeler emails to schools/teams for stats in the past and been told off several times. So many schools don't keep reliable stats or want their stats (or even scores) shared...

Yes, everything is very unofficial in this state. The Hoopster is your best source for anything in ND Basketball...but I would say it is unofficial cause I know a few lists are missing data but it is the best option we have.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND Sports Fan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:59 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ND Sports Fan wrote:

Good Luck to that person. During the winter, I have sent out many feeler emails to schools/teams for stats in the past and been told off several times. So many schools don't keep reliable stats or want their stats (or even scores) shared...

Yes, everything is very unofficial in this state. The Hoopster is your best source for anything in ND Basketball...but I would say it is unofficial cause I know a few lists are missing data but it is the best option we have.

Thanks Run . . . .that is unfortunate. I understand that sports are not about individual accomplishments, but there are individuals you play sports, so it is inevitable. The time and effort young people put in to honing their skills deserve recognition when it is due. Great individual accomplishments DO NOT diminish the team concept IMO.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Football