2019-2020 Football Plan

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby caserace0710 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 am

Flip wrote:What if you didn't have regions and you just played whoever you want and seeded the top 16 for playoffs off QRF? or similarly you play whoever you want and top 4 QRF from each region make playoffs?


I'd still do regions.

For Class A and 9-man, my idea is instead of having 4 teams per region making the playoffs, only guarantee the Top 3 in each region making the postseason. Then the Top 2 teams from Region 1/2 (East) and Region 3/4 (West) based on QRF who aren't in the Top 3 then make the playoffs as Wild Card teams. Wild Card teams would be seeded overall 1-4 and play the region champions, which are seeded 1-4 overall.

The bracket would be:

Wild Card #4 @ #1 (Region A)
Region A #3 @ Region B #2

Wild Card #1 @ #4 (Region D)
Region D #3 @ Region C #2

Wild Card #3 @ #2 (Region B)
Region B #3 @ Region A #2

Wild Card #2 @ #3 (Region C)
Region C #3 @ Region D #2
http://northdakotahsfootball.altervista.org
North Dakota High School Football historical information since 1975
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 am
Location: Valley City, ND

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby msu29 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi Guys, Coach Zier here of the Beach Buccaneers. I wanted to give you my perspective on the new plan. A few things to start with 1st there are only 12 9-man teams West of Bismarck so lets look at this the NDHSAA was in a tight spot. Where would you put Beach? if we go north we would have to go to Surrey, TGU, and Mohall mostly on two-lane roads, we would save on miles but not really on travel time. I am all for balanced regions one of the toughest things in my 19 years here in Beach is getting teams to come here unless they are forced too and I dont blame them why drive through 5 towns you can play to get to us. Now, lets look at the teams that have to come to Beach, well they will make one trip in two years. yeah, it not cool but there are four game that are relatively close Five if they play in Flasher. I dont think the NDHSAA had much of a choice to be honest. will my butt get sore? Yeah. So be it. We are hanging on to 9-man for as long as we can, these two years will be another chapter and quite honestly an exciting one-I like going to new fields and playing new teams-also I do in fact love German food
msu29
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm

I was looking at your plan above I think you are missing some schools there in this plan and where are you going put those schools in this plan. I don't see where you are going to put Larimore and Fourwinds. These are schools that large enough that they will be able to field a team in the future.
Second I see you have schools that have been traditionally been 9 man teams moving to 11 man and vice versa how is that going to play out with these schools and other schools for number of reasons like travel and even if they have numbers support 11 man program. I think the future of football plans would be you would still have very large 11 schools and then Smaller 11 man schools of double A with largest A schools with them forming second 11 man group. Then rest would be in two classes of 9 man schools with largest schools in upper 9 man and smaller lower 9 man group. Then they should look at 6 man program where they would encourage smaller schools to look at it and maybe they should also look at some coops in higher classes that on their own could be in this class. I think this would be way to reduce travel, keep traditional rivalries going together, and allow the schools options to where they want to compete and adjust based on circumstances happening in their schools.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:33 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:I was looking at your plan above I think you are missing some schools there in this plan and where are you going put those schools in this plan. I don't see where you are going to put Larimore and Fourwinds. These are schools that large enough that they will be able to field a team in the future.
Second I see you have schools that have been traditionally been 9 man teams moving to 11 man and vice versa how is that going to play out with these schools and other schools for number of reasons like travel and even if they have numbers support 11 man program. I think the future of football plans would be you would still have very large 11 schools and then Smaller 11 man schools of double A with largest A schools with them forming second 11 man group. Then rest would be in two classes of 9 man schools with largest schools in upper 9 man and smaller lower 9 man group. Then they should look at 6 man program where they would encourage smaller schools to look at it and maybe they should also look at some coops in higher classes that on their own could be in this class. I think this would be way to reduce travel, keep traditional rivalries going together, and allow the schools options to where they want to compete and adjust based on circumstances happening in their schools.


Whose 'Plan' are you looking at? The plan I posted on the 19th is the FINAL DECISION given by the State. Larimore & Four Winds have chosen to play Independent schedules for the next two years...along with New Town & Standing Rock; 6-man is starting to get going independently in the State...7 teams giving it a go next year and Grenora/Westby (Mon-Dak) playing some of those teams; so my guess is in two years we'll see another different 'landscape' shown for football in ND

msu29 wrote:Hi Guys, Coach Zier here of the Beach Buccaneers. I wanted to give you my perspective on the new plan. A few things to start with 1st there are only 12 9-man teams West of Bismarck so lets look at this the NDHSAA was in a tight spot. Where would you put Beach? if we go north we would have to go to Surrey, TGU, and Mohall mostly on two-lane roads, we would save on miles but not really on travel time. I am all for balanced regions one of the toughest things in my 19 years here in Beach is getting teams to come here unless they are forced too and I dont blame them why drive through 5 towns you can play to get to us. Now, lets look at the teams that have to come to Beach, well they will make one trip in two years. yeah, it not cool but there are four game that are relatively close Five if they play in Flasher. I dont think the NDHSAA had much of a choice to be honest. will my butt get sore? Yeah. So be it. We are hanging on to 9-man for as long as we can, these two years will be another chapter and quite honestly an exciting one-I like going to new fields and playing new teams-also I do in fact love German food


Thank You Coach Zier for your input. People have been complaining about the team's that have to go all the way to Beach next year...but let's look at this from Beach's standpoint...that's A LOT of long trips for them...not just 1 a year but more than 1 a year potentially. I thought 6 regions of 6 teams with some non-conference games was a bit more logical for proximity of games but the State Committee chose 4 regions of 9 teams.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14384
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby msu29 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm

No Problem, 6 regions of 6 would be tough for us as scheduling could be a problem for those 3 non-region games. I hear you though, we would of had opportunities for games up North that way.
Here's the Mileage chart for you, not complaining just showing it for fun:
Distance Beach to:
Napoleon 234 Miles
Wishek 255 (longer to Ashley)
Strasburg 232
Linton 222
Steele 200
Flasher 170 (closer if we play in Elgin)
Hettinger 126 (closer if we play in Scranton)
Mott-NE 119

So most likely 2 big trips one season, 3 the next?? we shall see
PS Run4Fun thanks for all your hard work when I get home first place I check is this site for scores
msu29
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:59 pm

msu29 wrote:No Problem, 6 regions of 6 would be tough for us as scheduling could be a problem for those 3 non-region games. I hear you though, we would of had opportunities for games up North that way.
Here's the Mileage chart for you, not complaining just showing it for fun:
Distance Beach to:
Napoleon 234 Miles
Wishek 255 (longer to Ashley)
Strasburg 232
Linton 222
Steele 200
Flasher 170 (closer if we play in Elgin)
Hettinger 126 (closer if we play in Scranton)
Mott-NE 119

So most likely 2 big trips one season, 3 the next?? we shall see
PS Run4Fun thanks for all your hard work when I get home first place I check is this site for scores


I know some schools have done neutral site games...in this scenario it could be an option to cut trips in half. Oak Grove used to do it with Heart River and played at Shiloh (last 2 years each team has made the trip to the actual sites. There are several regions in the current set up with long trips but NONE longer then Beach's trips.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14384
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby msu29 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:03 pm

We would never agree to a neutral site game for a Region match-up, unless they wanted to give up their home game lol- non-region sure but not for a region one-

just have to deal with it the best we can
msu29
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:06 pm

msu29 wrote:We would never agree to a neutral site game for a Region match-up, unless they wanted to give up their home game lol- non-region sure but not for a region one-

just have to deal with it the best we can


Totally understand that. Should have plenty of time to prepare your gameplans for each week ;)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14384
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:17 pm

I read an article today that the SDHSAA incorporated 6man football for next season. Sounded like they would still have 2 sections of 9man and 3 of 11man. Six classes of fball in SD if I read correctly. They limit their enrollment to less than 40 boys in HS to have the option to play in 6man. 56 HS boys was the limit to play in the lower division of 9man.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Previous

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest