Football Schedule

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Football Schedule

Postby HammerTime » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:58 am

Im curious if anyone knows the full football schedule yet. I've seen Run4Fun on Twitter trying to compile one, but I was wondering if anyone knew it or knew a place of where to find it.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Football Schedule

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 am

Most schools have either posted their individual schedules on their websites or sent them in.

In most cases, I'm missing single games from teams.

I will do weekly schedules during the season on this site (like in all other sports on here)...I know another site will have all schedules up on it in August too.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby caserace0710 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 am

I'm currently working on a website project getting ND High School Football results since the playoff era (1975).

But anyway, I have complied a list of open dates/schedules not released in 2015 from what research I have done for this season (I have all the region schedules completed, but I am missing some non-league games). You could also make some assumptions for open dates:

11-Man
Week 1 (Aug. 28)
Des Lacs-Burlington
Dickinson Trinity (assuming vs. Killdeer)
Killdeer (assuming vs. Dickinson Trinity)
Standing Rock
Stanley/Powers Lake
Week 2 (Sep. 4)
Hillsboro/Central Valley (BYE)

9-Man
Schedules complete (sans some home/away matchups)
Last edited by caserace0710 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://northdakotahsfootball.altervista.org
North Dakota High School Football historical information since 1975
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mandan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:31 pm

caserace0710 wrote:I'm currently working on a website project getting ND High School Football results since the playoff era (1975).

This sounds fantastic, I know there's times where I'd like to look something up regarding a score or how the playoffs went a certain year but would have to go to the library and look at old newspapers or microfilm to find it, and don't have the time set aside to do that. It is the one area where perhaps the NDHSAA could have been doing more with exposing previous seasons for various sports on their web site.

Do you have a website currently up or are you waiting until you have most of your data?

I'd love to see something similar for basketball too. I'd be happy with just regular season records and playoff/tournament results.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby caserace0710 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Mandan wrote:
caserace0710 wrote:I'm currently working on a website project getting ND High School Football results since the playoff era (1975).

This sounds fantastic, I know there's times where I'd like to look something up regarding a score or how the playoffs went a certain year but would have to go to the library and look at old newspapers or microfilm to find it, and don't have the time set aside to do that. It is the one area where perhaps the NDHSAA could have been doing more with exposing previous seasons for various sports on their web site.

Do you have a website currently up or are you waiting until you have most of your data?

I'd love to see something similar for basketball too. I'd be happy with just regular season records and playoff/tournament results.

I am waiting till I can get some more data. I plan on heading to the Fargo library to get microfilm in the near future. Being born and raised in Michigan, I wanted to make a site similar to http://www.michigan-football.com and get historical results since it is tough to find results online with the lack of resources.

The toughest thing is finding archives and when schools began/ended co-ops or changed names (for purposes of co-op name changes, I'm using the original primary school for historical results). I've used the NDHSAA yearbooks for playoff results (living in VC helps since that's where the HQ is located), schools that have yearbooks online, newspaper archives, etc... I got most of the data from 2002-Present completed and all the playoff results at the moment. Once completed, I'll have past standings, scores, playoff brackets (completed), and records by county/region/conference.

I want to do a boys basketball playoff results one too once I get football completed. It would be very tough to get individual regular season games due to the number of games a team plays in a season.
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDALUM » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:35 pm

There is much information on the Bismarck Throwers website. It has WDA football team results, Class A/AAA football play-off results, football championship game box scores, WDA basketball tourney results (SW basketball tournament results), and State Class A boys basketball tournament results.

http://www.bhs.bismarckschools.org/bhs/bhsathletics/throwers/history-of-bismarck-high-football/
UNDALUM
NDPreps Rookie

Postby caserace0710 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:36 pm

UNDALUM wrote:There is much information on the Bismarck Throwers website. It has WDA football team results, Class A/AAA football play-off results, football championship game box scores, WDA basketball tourney results (SW basketball tournament results), and State Class A boys basketball tournament results.

http://www.bhs.bismarckschools.org/bhs/bhsathletics/throwers/history-of-bismarck-high-football/

Thanks UNDALUM! That is pretty clutch website, especially the WDA football results for the time range I want.
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDALUM » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:31 pm

caserace0710, no problem, it took countless hours for the data to be collected especially prior to the 1920's. The North Dakota Heritage Center was where all the information was found.
UNDALUM
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mandan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm

UNDALUM wrote:There is much information on the Bismarck Throwers website. It has WDA football team results, Class A/AAA football play-off results, football championship game box scores, WDA basketball tourney results (SW basketball tournament results), and State Class A boys basketball tournament results.

This is a great page... the only thing missing is Trinity, they should be in the WDA former teams document.
But their regional games can be found in the other team's documents so that helps.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby caserace0710 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:13 pm

They added St. Mary's and Trinity the other day. This is a great resource, although there are some conflicting scores and results (mostly scores)
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter

Return to Football