Season Predictions

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Season Predictions

Postby koldman18 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 am

As the Summer approaches does anybody have any predictions how the State will look? Predictions from AAA to 9-man? Key players?
koldman18
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Season Predictions

Postby bulldog_power » Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 pm

I think in 9man it is a one team race in the east with cavalier being the easy favorite to get back. In the west I think it's a little more open with grant county, divide, Shiloh, and TGU being the front runners. I would give westhope and richardton a shot to as they always find a way to be in the playoffs. When it's all over I think we will be looking at a repeat champion with cavalier winning it again
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 am

Shiloh should have been in the Championship last year and would have given Cavilier a better game. They matched up a lot better with Cavilier then WNG. WNG had a stud QB. IMO TGU will be Shilohs toughest challenge because their QB is a stud like WNGs last year. Shiloh demolished everyone else in their Regon last year and don't lose anyone. Talked to a recent Flasher graduate a few weeks ago and he predicts Shiloh beats Grant Countly Flasher by 40+. Divide and Richardton have solid programs and Beach was young last year but Shiloh's talent at all positions is just too much. They have the best offense and defense by far. They return the top Running Backs/Linebackers in the Region and are solid at every postion on the field with no weaknesses.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovefootball88 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:45 pm

I agree that Shiloh and cavalier are the favorites... It's to bad they aren't playing in the regular season as they could be with both having the same open week...

I think the 3 three year starters that graduated would argue that they (Shiloh) might lose something from last year but all the other teams in the west lost more numbers ...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:48 am

Pit Bull wrote:Shiloh should have been in the Championship last year and would have given Cavilier a better game. They matched up a lot better with Cavilier then WNG. WNG had a stud QB. IMO TGU will be Shilohs toughest challenge because their QB is a stud like WNGs last year. Shiloh demolished everyone else in their Regon last year and don't lose anyone. Talked to a recent Flasher graduate a few weeks ago and he predicts Shiloh beats Grant Countly Flasher by 40+. Divide and Richardton have solid programs and Beach was young last year but Shiloh's talent at all positions is just too much. They have the best offense and defense by far. They return the top Running Backs/Linebackers in the Region and are solid at every postion on the field with no weaknesses.

With no weaknesses should we just give them the state championship trophy right now? Maybe even have them play BHS or NDSU? They still have a long way to go before they are on the same level as Cavalier.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pit Bull » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:37 am

I never mentioned anything comparing them to Cavalier. The question to this post is predictions for this upcoming season and I stated in my opinion it should be Cavalier and Shiloh. There are upset all the time so this would be cosidered a prediction not a fact.

I also don't see where I said they have no weaknesses. They will be solid in every position, but that doesn't mean they play the pass as well as the run or their WR block better than they catch the ball. Saying they should play NDSU or BHS is just not a comparable statement. I will say that 6 or 7 of their kids would be started on BHS, CHS or SMCHS.

We will see what happens this season. There are still a lot of variable that come into play and teams are one or two injuries away from dropping to the bottom. It is a fact that Shiloh dominated everyone in their Region last year and only lost a couple of players. If Sniper has a prediction, I would like to hear it. I believe that your picks would be the same at the start of the season. There could be a legitimate argument for TGU.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Pit Bull wrote:I never mentioned anything comparing them to Cavalier. The question to this post is predictions for this upcoming season and I stated in my opinion it should be Cavalier and Shiloh. There are upset all the time so this would be cosidered a prediction not a fact.

I also don't see where I said they have no weaknesses. They will be solid in every position, but that doesn't mean they play the pass as well as the run or their WR block better than they catch the ball. Saying they should play NDSU or BHS is just not a comparable statement. I will say that 6 or 7 of their kids would be started on BHS, CHS or SMCHS.

We will see what happens this season. There are still a lot of variable that come into play and teams are one or two injuries away from dropping to the bottom. It is a fact that Shiloh dominated everyone in their Region last year and only lost a couple of players. If Sniper has a prediction, I would like to hear it. I believe that your picks would be the same at the start of the season. There could be a legitimate argument for TGU.

Prediction- Cavalier beating Shiloh by 25 in the championship. Shiloh is better than all the teams in the west (the west is weak this year IMO.) Shiloh did not dominate everyone in their region last year, after RTH fell down by 3 scores in the first few minutes it was a pretty even game the rest of the way. When Shiloh played GC-F, Shiloh was only up by 2 or 4 at half, GC-F had the ball in the red zone at least 3 times without scoring so that game was a lot closer than the score showed. Shiloh was the best team in region 4 last year and had the best running game and the best against the run. Emmel and Dale are a really good combo in the backfield. Passing game is not very strong yet, but their region is weak this year so they shouldn't need to drop back and pass until the state championship. They got some easy throws for their young QB last year by throwing screens to their backs and running pay action fakes when teams stacked the box.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:10 am

Pit Bull wrote: I will say that 6 or 7 of their kids would be started on BHS, CHS or SMCHS.

I know nothing about Shiloh, but if this is true, all I have to say is there's no reason for them not to win state... by a lot.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bulldog_power » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:56 am

Ok, let's get some things straight for my man pit bull. First off I agree with the cavalier pick completely. I believe it's theirs to lose. As for Shiloh, they do have a fair number of kids back, but lost some good seniors and exspecially offensive for the style they play. The did not dominate everyone in the region as richardton and grant county played them very tough. If it weren't for a few dropped passes, grant county woul have been right their with them. As for them being the best in the west, there are a lot of good teams out Their. In their own region, beach, grant county, and richardton could beat them. And in region three their are a lot of teams coming back with a lot of talent in divide, westhope, TGU. All those teams could beat Shiloh. I am not saying Shiloh is a bad team because they have proven otherwise, but I think it is a more wide open race then you are making it out to be. Also, it's a joke to say that 6 or 7 of the kids from Shiloh would start on the other Bismarck schools. If I remember right they didn't even have tha many kids on the all region team and they won the region.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:09 am

Alright should we clear some things up here...yep yep we will

1. Shiloh should be the favorite in Region 4 this fall
2. TGU will give Shiloh a good run out west
3. Cavalier is going to dominate all year AGAIN

4. Shiloh does NOT have 6 or 7 players that would start at BHS, CHS or St. Mary's. Maybe a few would have a chance at one of those schools but not 6 or 7.
5. Shiloh did dominate most Region 4 teams last year (closest game was vs. R-T 39-22); GC-F would have been closer without the key drops.

Prediction: Cavalier by 30+ against Shiloh or TGU
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Pit Bull » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:47 am

bulldog_power wrote:Ok, let's get some things straight for my man pit bull. First off I agree with the cavalier pick completely. I believe it's theirs to lose. As for Shiloh, they do have a fair number of kids back, but lost some good seniors and exspecially offensive for the style they play. The did not dominate everyone in the region as richardton and grant county played them very tough. If it weren't for a few dropped passes, grant county woul have been right their with them. As for them being the best in the west, there are a lot of good teams out Their. In their own region, beach, grant county, and richardton could beat them. And in region three their are a lot of teams coming back with a lot of talent in divide, westhope, TGU. All those teams could beat Shiloh. I am not saying Shiloh is a bad team because they have proven otherwise, but I think it is a more wide open race then you are making it out to be. Also, it's a joke to say that 6 or 7 of the kids from Shiloh would start on the other Bismarck schools. If I remember right they didn't even have tha many kids on the all region team and they won the region.

Bulldog, it is true Shiloh lost 3 Senior who will be missed, but have backups that are just as capable. Their style of play won't be affected at all and their passing game will only get better. Richardton did play Shiloh tough especially in the second half, but I just don't see them better from last year with the players they lost. (I could be proven wrong.) GC-F game was close in the first half, but a few dropped passes wouldn't have made the outcome different (poor passes more than dropped balls). Schmidt kid caught everything thrown is way and was the main reason Flasher was in the game. He made the QB look good by going and getting the ball on some bad throws. GC-F a huge amount of talent this past year. They have a good running back, but Shilohs strength is run defense and their DBs will be better with coverage with another year of experience. The kids that could start for other Bismarck schools is neither here nor there and I should not have made that comment. It does not pertain to anything.

I believe Cavalier has the advantage because of experience of being there last year. I also believe TGU will give Shiloh a tough test. If Shiloh can make it through the year injury free (hard to do), they will give any team in the State including Cavalier a run.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:59 am

Pit Bull wrote:
bulldog_power wrote:Ok, let's get some things straight for my man pit bull. First off I agree with the cavalier pick completely. I believe it's theirs to lose. As for Shiloh, they do have a fair number of kids back, but lost some good seniors and exspecially offensive for the style they play. The did not dominate everyone in the region as richardton and grant county played them very tough. If it weren't for a few dropped passes, grant county woul have been right their with them. As for them being the best in the west, there are a lot of good teams out Their. In their own region, beach, grant county, and richardton could beat them. And in region three their are a lot of teams coming back with a lot of talent in divide, westhope, TGU. All those teams could beat Shiloh. I am not saying Shiloh is a bad team because they have proven otherwise, but I think it is a more wide open race then you are making it out to be. Also, it's a joke to say that 6 or 7 of the kids from Shiloh would start on the other Bismarck schools. If I remember right they didn't even have tha many kids on the all region team and they won the region.

Bulldog, it is true Shiloh lost 3 Senior who will be missed, but have backups that are just as capable. Their style of play won't be affected at all and their passing game will only get better. Richardton did play Shiloh tough especially in the second half, but I just don't see them better from last year with the players they lost. (I could be proven wrong.) GC-F game was close in the first half, but a few dropped passes wouldn't have made the outcome different (poor passes more than dropped balls). Schmidt kid caught everything thrown is way and was the main reason Flasher was in the game. He made the QB look good by going and getting the ball on some bad throws. GC-F a huge amount of talent this past year. They have a good running back, but Shilohs strength is run defense and their DBs will be better with coverage with another year of experience. The kids that could start for other Bismarck schools is neither here nor there and I should not have made that comment. It does not pertain to anything.

I believe Cavalier has the advantage because of experience of being there last year. I also believe TGU will give Shiloh a tough test. If Shiloh can make it through the year injury free (hard to do), they will give any team in the State including Cavalier a run.

Schmidt did go and get a few jump balls but the QB also threw him open when he was covered multiple times too. They had at least 5 dropped balls where the coverage was good and the QB threw the receivers open and it went right through their hands. I don't know what game you watched, Krenz made a lot of tough throws under pressure that game.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Return to Football