2015-16 football plan

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:53 am

Was browsing through the NDHSAA website and came across the new football plan numbers. Also read that they are looking (don't know if approved or not) of going 16 AAA, 16 AA, 24 A, and the rest (about 45) in 9man which is a change from previous plans. With the two new AAA teams coming into play, I figured they would keep it at 14 and move DL and Jamestown down, even though I feel Jamestown still belongs in AAA. I suppose 15 doesn't work so DL is left stuck up a class.

A few new western teams move up to AA which evens out the east/west balance so GBC doesn't have to play in the west. Kindred drops to A, wonder if they will opt up?

In A with 24 teams, do they go 4 regions of six? Wonder how geography will play a role in determining who stays in this division or not. Midway/Minto scheduled to be in A, but Oakes already wants to opt up so that should put M/M back where they have a chance at competing. Velva is middle of the pack 9man enrollment, wonder if they will opt up. Killdeer has always been 11man and at the top of enrollment for 9man, do they also opt up?

With about 45 teams in 9man, 4 regions is out of the questions. Do they go back to 6 or move back to 8 smaller regions? A few traditional 11man teams move down (Killdeer, NS/GU, Milnor/NS, North Prairie) but not many changes for 9man.

Anyone aware of any possible co-ops coming down the road or dissolutions that would affect where teams end up?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby dyhardballa09 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:18 pm

FIRST OFF: THIS IS NOT A JOB I WOULD WANT! No matter how, Regions are going to have long travels...the state we live in now!

How I would draw it Up only according to the current numbers. I see Killdeer, Velva, Milnor, and Linton all opting up...which would move Landon, R/T/H, Northern Cass, and Mayport/CG moving down to 9. I think that you for the most part just swap Milnor-NC, Maypot-Linton, and R/T-Killdeer, In the regions if this happens. Langdon and Velva are a little far apart to just swap, would have to make adjustments for that I am sure. But, until they have to declare, this is what I have:

AAA West:
Dickinson
Minot
Williston
Bismarck
Century
Legacy
Mandan
Jamestown

AAA EAST:
Davies
Red River
South
GF Central
Sheyenne
West Fargo
Fargo North
Devils Lake

AA West:
Watford
Turtle Mountain
St. Marys
Beulah
Stanley
Trinity
Southern McClean
Williams County

AA East:
Wahpeton
Grafton
Valley City
Shanley
Central Cass
GBC
Lisbon
Enderlin/MV

A-1
Kindred
Hillsboro/CV
Oak Grove
Northern Cass
Larimore
Oakes

A-2
Park River/F-L
EEK
Carrington
Larimore
Lakota/DP
Langdon

A-3
Berthold
DLB
Rugby
Minot Ryan
Bottineau
Kenmare

A-4
Standing Rock
Heart River
Hazen
Garrison/Max
R/T
Harvey

9-1 (8 teams)
Sargent Central
Hankinson
Wyndmere/Lindgerwood
Richland
Midway/Minto
North Border
Milnor/NS
Hatton/Northwood

9-2 (8 teams)
Kidder County
Strasburg/Zeeland
Napoleon/GS
Drayton/V/E
Lamoure/L/M
Hope/Page
Linton/HMB
South Border

9-3 (7 teams)
Benson County
New Rockford
North Star
Four Winds
Thompson
Cavalier
North Prairie

9-4 (7 teams)
Westhope/Glenburn
Drake/Anamoose
TGU
Surrey
Dunseith
St. John
Velva

9-5 (7 teams)
Divide County
Trenton/TC
Parshall
New Town
Killdeer
Central McClean
MLS

9-6 (8 teams)
Bowman
Hettinger/Scranton
Grant County
Mott/Regent
Beach
Center/Stanton
New Salem
Shiloh Christian
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 pm

9-man regions need some work...some baffling regions IMO. Example: Hatton-Northwood & North Border with SE Region teams and Drayton/VE with South Central teams.

I will agree though...this job is not going to be easy to get things together...but there are common groupings. (I'll look into this more on Friday...tonight/tomorrow are going to be busy)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby dyhardballa09 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:00 am

I think 8 regions have to be the answer....i spent about an hour on the 9-man alone, got frustrated and threw the east together. The west was simple, but the East was very difficult. 8 regions will make travelling way easier, but I like the idea of 6 regions more. I hate the idea of having 4 or 5 in region games and 4 non-region games. Too many injuries in meaningless non-region games.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:25 am

I think in A, EEK would be in the SE region and move H/CV NE. You have Larimore in two regions. Don't know what team you're missing.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 am

dyhardballa09 wrote:How I would draw it Up only according to the current numbers. I see Killdeer, Velva, Milnor, and Linton all opting up...which would move Landon, R/T/H, Northern Cass, and Mayport/CG moving down to 9. I think that you for the most part just swap Milnor-NC, Maypot-Linton, and R/T-Killdeer, In the regions if this happens. Langdon and Velva are a little far apart to just swap, would have to make adjustments for that I am sure. But, until they have to declare, this is what I have:


I can see each of those teams opting up, but would hate to see MPCG, NC, and Langdon in 9man. They just don't seem to fit there to me. With Langdon low numbers and recent lack of success I could see them taking the opportunity, though. RTH and Kenmare are better fits in 9man.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:52 am

http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/2013_14_Spo ... _and_R.pdf
Here is the link to the enrollments that I forgot in my original post. I also see that division and region assignments will be done in March to be sent out for feedback. Will be interesting to see then.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:56 am

I think youre going to see enrollment drops by a lot A teams by the 2015 school year for schools between Red River Valley and Western schools that are in A right now. In Region 2 North Prairie, Langdon, Lakota-Edmore- DP, Midway-minto, and North Border all could drop significantly in numbers and will be experiencing participation numbers to field teams in next several years. Also number of 9-man schools will be hard pressed to keep numbers up to field teams in next several years. I also saw there was quite a bit of interest in 6 man football by number of the schools when they were surveyed. I think things are changing pretty fast on size of schools and it will be interesting to see what develops. I think they should be looking at two classes of 11 man football one class of 9 man football and new six man football class in 2015 instead of keeping to status quo of 3 11-man divisions and one 9 man division.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 am

In their notes from the membership meeting, it said there was little interest in 6man from the survey results so it didn't sound like they were going to pursue that.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 am

Reading from their minutes the survey results there were 23 schools that would consider a change to 6 man football and they represented 16 of the teams now playing. If you look at this about one third of class 9 man would entertain shift to 6 man. I betting its administrators that are on top of their enrollments seeing something needs to be done to keep playing football because cooping has about reached maximum in distance that it can be done to keep a football program available for the kids. Its not going to happen this go around but I bet its talked about in next two year plan.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby neilhwenberg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:49 am

When are we going to return to six-man football for the smaller Class "B" schools in ND? Nine man football is not suited to small schools. There should be 11 man for those that can field a team and 6 man for smaller schools. From about 1936 through 1941 there were six-man football championships in ND. First just the Consolidated League played and later two classes; Consolidated League and Class "B" How do you feel about such a plan?
neilhwenberg
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Mandan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Minot Ryan has always opted up in the past, I have to assume they will strongly consider that again, especially since they are still competitive even with lower numbers.

Why does Ryan's enrollment seem so far down compared to the past? Is this flood related? I know they pretty much lost one of the schools and have moved things around to compensate, but how did this affect enrollment?

I'm guessing they also like the fact that all the Catholic schools in the state are in the same class. You get some automatic rivalries there.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:07 am
Location: Mandan, ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Indy5 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 pm

Mandan wrote:Minot Ryan has always opted up in the past, I have to assume they will strongly consider that again, especially since they are still competitive even with lower numbers.

Why does Ryan's enrollment seem so far down compared to the past? Is this flood related? I know they pretty much lost one of the schools and have moved things around to compensate, but how did this affect enrollment?

I'm guessing they also like the fact that all the Catholic schools in the state are in the same class. You get some automatic rivalries there.

They've just been slowing declining over the years. Don't think it really has anything to do with the flood. It was only about 8-10 years ago when they had 60 kids in a class. Now it's around 35. They might continue to opt up, but with the dropping enrollment, wouldn't be too surprised if it was discussed to drop to A in the next go around or two.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:27 pm

I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of reshuffling before the plan in finalized this fall. Southern McLean (Washburn/Wilton/Wing) already dissolved their coop. I have also heard that Williams Co. (Tioga/Ray) is dissolving. Some other schools that got moved up to AA might also look at dropping a coop partner if not many kids from that school participate. Will add a lot of teams back to the 9man ranks, which will lead to more newbies getting bumped up to AA and A that may have not been before.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Heard Berthold is going to drop Our Redeemers and I would think that Velva will opt to A. It might be to bad if some kids did not get to play because teams do not think they can compete at a higher level. Velva could have been 9 man for the last 8 years I think. Harvey was there too until they coop with well co.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:32 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:Heard Berthold is going to drop Our Redeemers and I would think that Velva will opt to A. It might be to bad if some kids did not get to play because teams do not think they can compete at a higher level. Velva could have been 9 man for the last 8 years I think. Harvey was there too until they coop with well co.


I was thinking this might be the year Velva stays in 9man. But I have also heard that Ryan is dropping Sawyer, so maybe Sawyer will go to Velva and that will be enough to bump them to A anyway.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:FIRST OFF: THIS IS NOT A JOB I WOULD WANT! No matter how, Regions are going to have long travels...the state we live in now!

How I would draw it Up only according to the current numbers. I see Killdeer, Velva, Milnor, and Linton all opting up...which would move Landon, R/T/H, Northern Cass, and Mayport/CG moving down to 9. I think that you for the most part just swap Milnor-NC, Maypot-Linton, and R/T-Killdeer, In the regions if this happens. Langdon and Velva are a little far apart to just swap, would have to make adjustments for that I am sure. But, until they have to declare, this is what I have:

AAA West:
Dickinson
Minot
Williston
Bismarck
Century
Legacy
Mandan
Jamestown

AAA EAST:
Davies
Red River
South
GF Central
Sheyenne
West Fargo
Fargo North
Devils Lake

AA West:
Watford
Turtle Mountain
St. Marys
Beulah
Stanley
Trinity
Southern McClean
Williams County

AA East:
Wahpeton
Grafton
Valley City
Shanley
Central Cass
GBC
Lisbon
Enderlin/MV

A-1
Kindred
Hillsboro/CV
Oak Grove
Northern Cass
Larimore
Oakes

A-2
Park River/F-L
EEK
Carrington
Larimore
Lakota/DP
Langdon

A-3
Berthold
DLB
Rugby
Minot Ryan
Bottineau
Kenmare

A-4
Standing Rock
Heart River
Hazen
Garrison/Max
R/T
Harvey

9-1 (8 teams)
Sargent Central
Hankinson
Wyndmere/Lindgerwood
Richland
Midway/Minto
North Border
Milnor/NS
Hatton/Northwood

9-2 (8 teams)
Kidder County
Strasburg/Zeeland
Napoleon/GS
Drayton/V/E
Lamoure/L/M
Hope/Page
Linton/HMB
South Border

9-3 (7 teams)
Benson County
New Rockford
North Star
Four Winds
Thompson
Cavalier
North Prairie

9-4 (7 teams)
Westhope/Glenburn
Drake/Anamoose
TGU
Surrey
Dunseith
St. John
Velva

9-5 (7 teams)
Divide County
Trenton/TC
Parshall
New Town
Killdeer
Central McClean
MLS

9-6 (8 teams)
Bowman
Hettinger/Scranton
Grant County
Mott/Regent
Beach
Center/Stanton
New Salem
Shiloh Christian

What happened to Ellendale?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 pm

MoSiouxFan wrote:
dyhardballa09 wrote:FIRST OFF: THIS IS NOT A JOB I WOULD WANT! No matter how, Regions are going to have long travels...the state we live in now!

How I would draw it Up only according to the current numbers. I see Killdeer, Velva, Milnor, and Linton all opting up...which would move Landon, R/T/H, Northern Cass, and Mayport/CG moving down to 9. I think that you for the most part just swap Milnor-NC, Maypot-Linton, and R/T-Killdeer, In the regions if this happens. Langdon and Velva are a little far apart to just swap, would have to make adjustments for that I am sure. But, until they have to declare, this is what I have:

AAA West:
Dickinson
Minot
Williston
Bismarck
Century
Legacy
Mandan
Jamestown

AAA EAST:
Davies
Red River
South
GF Central
Sheyenne
West Fargo
Fargo North
Devils Lake

AA West:
Watford
Turtle Mountain
St. Marys
Beulah
Stanley
Trinity
Southern McClean
Williams County

AA East:
Wahpeton
Grafton
Valley City
Shanley
Central Cass
GBC
Lisbon
Enderlin/MV

A-1
Kindred
Hillsboro/CV
Oak Grove
Northern Cass
Larimore
Oakes

A-2
Park River/F-L
EEK (Ellendale-Edgeley-Kulm)
Carrington
Larimore
Lakota/DP
Langdon

A-3
Berthold
DLB
Rugby
Minot Ryan
Bottineau
Kenmare

A-4
Standing Rock
Heart River
Hazen
Garrison/Max
R/T
Harvey

9-1 (8 teams)
Sargent Central
Hankinson
Wyndmere/Lindgerwood
Richland
Midway/Minto
North Border
Milnor/NS
Hatton/Northwood

9-2 (8 teams)
Kidder County
Strasburg/Zeeland
Napoleon/GS
Drayton/V/E
Lamoure/L/M
Hope/Page
Linton/HMB
South Border

9-3 (7 teams)
Benson County
New Rockford
North Star
Four Winds
Thompson
Cavalier
North Prairie

9-4 (7 teams)
Westhope/Glenburn
Drake/Anamoose
TGU
Surrey
Dunseith
St. John
Velva

9-5 (7 teams)
Divide County
Trenton/TC
Parshall
New Town
Killdeer
Central McClean
MLS

9-6 (8 teams)
Bowman
Hettinger/Scranton
Grant County
Mott/Regent
Beach
Center/Stanton
New Salem
Shiloh Christian


What happened to Ellendale?


Ellendale is now cooping with Edgeley-Kulm (I added it clearer above in the list).

I think a lot has changes since these numbers were put out there...so things may look very different at next look of the plan
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:56 pm

The new alignments come out Tuesday. Why is their a rule about free and reduced lunch for football. Just seems like a way to keep certain teams playing in a lower division.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:08 pm

bulldog_power wrote:The new alignments come out Tuesday. Why is their a rule about free and reduced lunch for football. Just seems like a way to keep certain teams playing in a lower division.


Any word on the new alignments?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Beat me to it Run. I was just looking at it. I'm surprised MPCG didn't opt up to 11man. Just can't see them being 9man, but many teams did opt up and probably skewed it a bit. I guess teams can still opt up until the end of the month so there may be a little more shuffling. I'd like to see how the playoffs will work for 9man going back to six regions.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:07 pm

in a span of 3 years Hillsboro went from playing FSHP to the likes of Shanley and Wahpeton
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/2013_14_Sports_Activities/Sports/football/FB_15_16_Plan_with_F_and_R.pdf


Yep, saw this. When will we know how the regions break down?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: 2015-16 football plan

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/2013_14_Sports_Activities/Sports/football/FB_15_16_Plan_with_F_and_R.pdf


Yep, saw this. When will we know how the regions break down?


Regions are listed to the right I thought
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13517
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Next

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest