2019-2020 Football Plan

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2019-2020 Football Plan

Postby Mandan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:46 pm

The main thing I agree with is that I wish the NDHSAA would get out of the box of wanting an even number of teams in all the upper classes. The level you play at should be based on school size, not some arbitrary number of teams needed to fill a class.

I'd start with defining how big a school should be to be able to comfortably play 11 man vs needing to be 9 man. Once that is decided, every school above that line would be 11 man and you can divide the 11 man teams however you wish. And if you wind up with 15 AAA teams or 29 A teams, then that should be acceptable.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby heimer » Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Next domino is Grafton.

St. Thomas and Drayton out. Grafton falls to A, Stanley up to AA.

Current AA schools: Devils Lake, Valley City, Hillsboro-CV, Kindred, Wahpeton, Central Cass
Stanley, WC, St. Marys, Belcourt, Beulah, New Town.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

heimer wrote:Next domino is Grafton.

Current AA schools: Devils Lake, Valley City, Hillsboro-CV, Kindred, Wahpeton, Central Cass

Did that huge mega co-op of tiny schools around Cooperstown breakup? If so, what are they doing?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Flip wrote:
heimer wrote:Next domino is Grafton.

Did that huge mega co-op of tiny schools around Cooperstown breakup? If so, what are they doing?

Yes. From what I've heard GCC is going 9man and BCN is cooping with VC. You'd think BCN would have enough kids to field a 9man team, though. Haven't heard anything on Midkota
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Football