All State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All State

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:20 pm

2009 Boy's All-State Team Announced:
F-Casey Purpur [G.F. Central}
F-Jake LaDouceur [G.F. Red River]
F-Patrick Anderson [Bismarck High]
F-Peter Orson [Fargo South]
F-Tyler Richter [Bismarck High]
F-Justin Moody [G.F. Central]
F-Riley Olson [Hazen/Beulah]
F-Russel Crary [G.F. Red River]
F-Bryce Schmitt [Minot]
D-Jake Axtman [Williston]
D-Danny Ray [G.F. Central]
D-Nick Romanick [Bismarck High]
D-Ryan Hills [Grafton/Park River]
D-Tyler Peterson [Bismarck High]
D-Dan Kovar [Bismarck Century]
D-Josh Hooey [Fargo South]
G-Scott Buchholz [Fargo South]
G-Darren Medler [Minot]
G-Seth Lang [G.F. Central]

Thoughts and comments....remember to keep it positive please.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Re: All State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:37 pm

I agree with most of the list, even though I have no clue who three of them are. Won't mention names though.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby SiouxYAYA » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:49 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:I agree with most of the list, even though I have no clue who three of them are. Won't mention names though.

Let me guess Dan Kovar, Riley Olson, Jake Axtman.
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby central hockey fan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Axtman is a good player, I have seen him before at selects etc.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby DefenseFirst » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Riley Olson is also very good and kept Hazen in a lot of games.. Bigger guy who I think is like 6 foot 6 who skates well and can bury the puck. Think the coaches did a very good job with the team. Kovar is my only ???.... He is alright but definately doesn't deserve to be on the all state team in my opinion. I thought South deserved another defensemen on this list but that is just my opinion but thought the coaches did a good job selecting
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockeyrules » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 am

This team, just like both EDC and WDA teams are very political. If you continue to leave these selections up to coaches, this will continue. Most of these coaches never even saw a majority of these players, and looked at the stat sheets - which some players built against terrible teams, or begged officials for assists throughout the season. I can name at least 5-6 players that are just as deserving, that might not have the stats or name recognition - enough said.
gfhockeyrules
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nothinghappend » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 pm

moody makes it over spicer... thats a joke
nothinghappend

Postby central hockey fan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Again, please try to keep the posts positive. Thanks.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Z Scout » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 pm

Not to be negative but Dan Kovar? Not so sure about that one especially over David Burdick. Also, Moody vs. Spicer? Not sure how Moody pulled that one off. But I thought the All-State Team was represented very well for the most part.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:10 pm

nothinghappend wrote:moody makes it over spicer... thats a joke

How is that a joke? You have no facts to back yourself up your point. Also, Justin Moody was on the top line most of the season so that is no joke. If I recall correctly you are slambing a player and that is against the forum rules, you have just done that... You're also using flawed logic Spicer had one more point over Justin Moody that isn't saying much more than both players are good enough for consideration to be on the all state team. I don't have a problem with the voters putting Justin ahead of Spicer, that is just he way the old card fell this year. Not every player can on the all state team and maybe the voters say something they like about Moody.
Last edited by Centralhockey_08 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 pm

gfhockeyrules wrote:This team, just like both EDC and WDA teams are very political. If you continue to leave these selections up to coaches, this will continue. Most of these coaches never even saw a majority of these players, and looked at the stat sheets - which some players built against terrible teams, or begged officials for assists throughout the season. I can name at least 5-6 players that are just as deserving, that might not have the stats or name recognition - enough said.

who would you like to see pick the teams some random fan from the stands? Holy Cow!
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 am

Centralhockey_08 wrote:
gfhockeyrules wrote:This team, just like both EDC and WDA teams are very political. If you continue to leave these selections up to coaches, this will continue. Most of these coaches never even saw a majority of these players, and looked at the stat sheets - which some players built against terrible teams, or begged officials for assists throughout the season. I can name at least 5-6 players that are just as deserving, that might not have the stats or name recognition - enough said.

who would you like to see pick the teams some random fan from the stands? Holy Cow!

no, but maybe somebody unbiased. can somebody honestly tell me they think darren meddler is an all-state goalie? i put him as all-region, but i think thats as far as he shouldve went in the picks.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Westisthebest » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Moody vs Spicer is a fair argument both talented players from the 2 games i saw of them in the state tournament but from what I heard Moodys line was the top line. so maybe that was the decider?
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Hockey