Top tournament on North Dakota soil

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top tournament on North Dakota soil

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Yes, this tournamnet will have better teams then the state tournament at the end of the year. Im sorry to htose who think the state tournament has better teams in it.

Thursday, Dec. 18: Blaine vs. Grafton-Park River, 3 p.m., Purpur Arena; Central vs. Roseau, 6:15 p.m., Ralph Engelstad Arena; Bloomington Jefferson vs. Red River, 25 minutes after the completion of the first Ralph Engelstad game, Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Friday, Dec. 19: Blaine vs. Red River, 3 p.m., Engelstad Arena; Jefferson vs. Central, 6:15 p.m., Purpur Arena; Grafton-Park River vs. Roseau, 25 minutes after the completion of the first Purpur Arena game, Purpur Arena.

Saturday, Dec. 20 (all games in Ralph Engelstad Arena): Blaine vs. Central, 2:30 p.m.; Red River vs. Roseau, 25 minutes after the completion of the first game; Jefferson vs. Grafton-Park River, 25 minutes after the completion of the second game.

I think all of these games could be hockey highs games of the week but as well all no, he will pick a fargo team.

Be back later with picks and analysis.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top tournament on North Dakota soil

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:35 pm

gfhockey wrote:I think all of these games could be hockey highs games of the week but as well all no, he will pick a fargo team

Actually I'm just not doing a game of the week for those games this week, it's simply because there are far too many high quality games involving North Dakota and Minnesota teams as well this week, and it would be very difficult to highlight 9 games at once. If you would like to create a thread involving all 9 games with a full description of each team and their records as well as their successes this season, go ahead. If I were able to devote this much time, I would do them all, but I'm not getting paid for this. :mrgreen:

You're also correct about State being a slump of talent compared to Blaine Roseau and Bloomington Jefferson, that's because four teams are from the east and four are from the west, no matter the circumstance. The fact is that Minnesota is far deeper in population and talent, and there's no way North Dakota could keep up with Minnesota like Blaine, Roseau and BJ have lately. You could have said the same thing about the Moorhead and WBL games for South having more talent, as it's rare that North Dakota sees competition that's so highly ranked. We usually get 1 or two teams per year that are ranked as high as those two teams, generally from Grand Forks. I'm happy to see that these Minnesota teams continue to venture to North Dakota to show us how well we are doing at leveling the playing field year in and year out.

As for the teams in the tournament:

Blaine - Ranked very high in Minnesota this year, and is starting off the season pretty well. I wouldn't doubt they'd run through all the teams in this tournament this weekend.

Grafton: Lost a few key players, but still retains some key seniors that should still make them very competitive. Haven't faced very tough teams yet so far this year, though.

Central: Just lost a game to South, but should be well prepared because of this to face even higher level competition.

Red River: Lost a lot of players so far this season, but they're still kicking. They got a new transfer in Anderson and have a few big point getters for forwards. They've also started the season off pretty well.

Roseau: Although they're ranked high in Minnesota (#6), I still think they're having a pretty down year with the loss of Mike Lee and Aaron Ness. You really can't recover very well from D1 prospects like that leaving your team. They also haven't started the year off very well.

Bloomington Jefferson: Always a great team. As well as Blaine and Roseau, they are also ranked in the top 6 in Minnesota. They're here to prove more than just how good they are to us, but to Minnesota.

Roseau, Blaine and BJ are all incredibly good teams, and I hope that Grafton/RR/Central do some great things against them. Showing up one of these teams would prove a big point to Minnesota.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:50 pm

Blaine is ranked 2.
Roseau is ranked 6.
BJ is ranked 5.

Tough competition.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Looks like a great tournament. I'd love to see a good showing by the teams from ND.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Hockey