Boys/Girls state hockey same weekend

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Boys/Girls state hockey same weekend

Postby slapshot » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 pm

I heard the boys/girls state tourney on same weekend again in grand forks. With the urban plains center in Fargo now open one should be held there. I went to opening night and the rink was awesome.
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Boys/Girls state hockey same weekend

Postby StateChamp55 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:42 am

Strongly strongly agree. Last year was a circus with boys and girls state going on at the same time and venues, throw in UND playing that weekend as well its a joke really. Only seen pictures of the Urban Plains but I think I should make it there for a Force game or two. The arena sounds amazing from what I've heard. Kudos to Fargo for finally getting out of the dreaded Colliseum.
StateChamp55

Postby gfhockey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 pm

I wish they could seperate it also but as we all no, its all about the $$$$ is what the ndahsaa cares about
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 am

I think that even though the NDAHSAA knows that combining them ended up in a giant catastrophe, the have now gripped something cheaper than regular, and are going to stick to it because of that.
Even though the resources for a separated state tournament were available for years past, and are more available than ever this year, the won't do it justice. I'm still annoyed they won't have EDC in the UPC this year, when it's the best facility for EDC.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 pm

I talked to a couple people about this. Its just too expensive to rent that arena for 3 days then to rent the purpur. Also they woudl have to work around the Force's schedule.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hockey