Top Forward in the State Next Year

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top Forward in the State Next Year

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:06 am

What are everyones thoughts on who the top forward in the state will be next year?
Last edited by demon_fan14 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
demon_fan14

Re: Top Forward in the State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:42 am

now?rolly crary from RR could be a contender
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top Forward in the State Next Year

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Honestly?

Chad Demers... little to no competition.
next question?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:53 pm

I ment crary might be the 2nd best haha
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:44 pm

haha ya my bad....he was probly the best this year. who are some other top forwards gonna be?
demon_fan14

Postby yeckoh » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Bryce Schmitt...
yeckoh
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

yeckoh wrote:Bryce Schmitt...

demers is awesome too, schmitt for the west and demers for the east the best though is demers
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeystar11 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

ill give it to demers
hockeystar11

Postby darkhorse22 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:27 am

i will give my props to david mauch
darkhorse22

Postby darkhorse22 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 am

no wait i forgot about ian powers, he will be next year.
darkhorse22

Postby Orr4 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:37 pm

darkhorse22 wrote:no wait i forgot about ian powers, he will be next year.
How old is that kid?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:00 pm

highheat wrote:pretty sure ian powers is done with high school athletics. he was listed as a senior for this previous season.
alright cause i was wondering about that.
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby slapshot » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:51 pm

There are few players that would be considered top forward next year, Peter Orsen FS, Jordy Aamot GF, Jake McPhail FN, I'm sure there are a couple that I missed but these three will all asked to be the point getters this upcoming season. If I'm not mistaken they are also all juniors for 2008-09.
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 pm

i think maybe for their team but i dont think you could put any of these 3 kids in this subject, cause they are not even close to being a top forward in the state
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:11 am

Hockey hockey hockey.... Best forward's in ND for next year, Demers-GPR, Boyle-GPR, Crary-GFRR, Hueguelet- F South, Orson-F South, Schmidt- Minot, Kusler-Bis Cent., Spicer-GF Central.
Although a couple or a few of these guys could take flight and play Juniors or Maj.Midget somewhere this next year.
I heard that Demers was drafted by the Fargo USHL team(Force) and is going to be one of their top guys(so he will not be playing at GPR this year),heard that Boyle has had some try-outs and is already ear-marked for a NAHL team. I also understand and it is third hand- Spicer is going to play U18 with a top notch Midget team this year in Wisconsin.
The Fargo South team is looking for a New coach. Just heard that a few of their guys- Hueguelet and Orson along with Def players Narvison and Berdick will be playing Juniors this next season with either USHL or NAHL teams.
Some other news (that is second/third hand- not real reliable I didn't think) that the Kusler kid will be going to the USA National team for his age group. And that Schmidt is looking at Notre Dame in Wilcox, SASK. for a place to play this next year. that hurts us out here in the west. The two top Returners from the West.

If someone out there knows the where abouts as to these guys playing this next year, please add to the mix.

If all those things happen. Look for the top Forward to be Crary-GFRR and the rest of the state will be depleted of some real good talent.

Any word on other players from this year that are playing after HS? And where?
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Sportshound wrote:Hockey hockey hockey.... Best forward's in ND for next year, Demers-GPR, Boyle-GPR, Crary-GFRR, Hueguelet- F South, Orson-F South, Schmidt- Minot, Kusler-Bis Cent., Spicer-GF Central.
Although a couple or a few of these guys could take flight and play Juniors or Maj.Midget somewhere this next year.
I heard that Demers was drafted by the Fargo USHL team(Force) and is going to be one of their top guys(so he will not be playing at GPR this year),heard that Boyle has had some try-outs and is already ear-marked for a NAHL team. I also understand and it is third hand- Spicer is going to play U18 with a top notch Midget team this year in Wisconsin.
The Fargo South team is looking for a New coach. Just heard that a few of their guys- Hueguelet and Orson along with Def players Narvison and Berdick will be playing Juniors this next season with either USHL or NAHL teams.
Some other news (that is second/third hand- not real reliable I didn't think) that the Kusler kid will be going to the USA National team for his age group. And that Schmidt is looking at Notre Dame in Wilcox, SASK. for a place to play this next year. that hurts us out here in the west. The two top Returners from the West.

If someone out there knows the where abouts as to these guys playing this next year, please add to the mix.

If all those things happen. Look for the top Forward to be Crary-GFRR and the rest of the state will be depleted of some real good talent.

Any word on other players from this year that are playing after HS? And where?

how is the orson going to play juniors
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

Don't know where you're getting all this information Sportshound, but it doesn't sound reliable to me at all.

Sportshound wrote:Hockey hockey hockey.... Best forward's in ND for next year, Demers-GPR, Boyle-GPR, Crary-GFRR, Hueguelet- F South, Orson-F South, Schmidt- Minot, Kusler-Bis Cent., Spicer-GF Central.

I doubt even one of them will go to juniors. Maybe a few of the west players, but all the east ones look set to their teams.

I heard that Demers was drafted by the Fargo USHL team(Force) and is going to be one of their top guys(so he will not be playing at GPR this year),

I heard he was committed to staying with GPR for his senior year. Or rather than the Force said no to him?

heard that Boyle has had some try-outs and is already ear-marked for a NAHL team. I also understand and it is third hand- Spicer is going to play U18 with a top notch Midget team this year in Wisconsin.

Never heard of either of these rumors previously.

Fargo South hired a new coach (David Benson) as cited in the EDC thread. Both of those forwards seem way too small to be going to either USHL or NAHL teams. Narveson has some talent and some size, but I still doubt he will be going to a junior team, but rather stay with South his senior year. I doubt Burdick will be going to a Junior team. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.

I know nothing about the West players concerning any post-HS hockey, so don't know about the validity on these.

Crary will be good, but I'm pretty sure ND will still have a lot of talent in its pool for next year, contrary to what you said. I don't think many of these players are actually looking towards junior teams at this point. I of course am not certain on much of this, so I'm probably as blind as you are. Been enjoying my summer, pretty distant from hockey. :oops:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 pm

hockeyhigh you sound very correct demers would be the only one that i have heard that is already been on a teams list or roster so to speak to play not saying he going to play but they only one ive that is going to go play after HS because hes been taken by the force
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:55 pm

From the west:
Minot - bryce schmitt, brett fiddler
Williston - jordan nelson, jake axtman, cote dickerson
Bis. High - jared hochhalter
Dickinson - cole frenzel, cole reisenauer
Century - dan korvar, jace kusler (both were freshman last year and were 2nd/3rd leading scorers on team)
Hazen/beulah - conor borud, riley olson, brady hillerud
Jamestown - erik paiement
Mandan - austin riopelle
Bottineau - ????
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey123 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 pm

fs-orsen?
gpr-gaustad mohagen?
rr-crary?
gfc-purpur plutowski spicer ray?
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:39 am

hockey123 wrote:fs-orsen?
gpr-gaustad mohagen?
rr-crary?

I have to believe that Ray is not a forward, having watching him play defense. Not that he isn't a very good player,he is just not a forward and this topic is Top Forward in the State next (this) year.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
hockey123 wrote:fs-orsen?
gpr-gaustad mohagen?
rr-crary?

I have to believe that Ray is not a forward, having watching him play defense. Not that he isn't a very good player,he is just not a forward and this topic is Top Forward in the State next (this) year.

Danny Ray is a defenseman.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey123 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:07 am

Ok my fault well then for gfc purpur plutowski and spicer for forwards sorry for the mistake
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 am

For the top 4 teams (Top forward for each team):
FS - Orson (Not a huge amount of talent up front for South, more defensive)
RR - Crary
GPR - Gaustad or Mohagen (one will have to step up in place of Demers if they want to repeat)
GFC - Spicer
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:10 pm

spicer top for central he wasent even the top for points he had to people ahead of him(purpur plutowski)
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Hockey