evidence

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

evidence

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:09 pm

tell me what you think about this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0gxs2m350
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: evidence

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm

I counted 6 men on the ice for grafton, I won't deny it.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportshound » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:33 pm

problem is that Hs Sports CAN NOT use Replay.
And even if they did-- how could you say that the player wasn't next to the boards coming off?

We see on this video clip-- a dark jersey close ot the bench-- did the player come off and one on?

The Refs are the only ones that can make that call and obviously they didn't see it.
Or they saw the player leave the ice and not be part of the play.

Move on. It is not going to be changed. And the Game is done. A good one at that. Very excellent ! Congratualtions to all Boys (and Girls)that played in the 2008' State Tourney. Including those that played in the Consolation rounds and the F.South Team placing 3rd and BHS for the highest finish for a West Team in many years.

Way to go Williston-- Can't remember when a team from Williston even won one game at state. And a Hoorah--to Mandan for making state(first time since what 2000??)

gfhockey and ndfan-- it is something to post-- should there be an (*) by the 2008 Champions-GPR??? in the record books?
just kidding. both teams played their hearts out.
Anyone surprised by "All-State" Team selections? I wasn't--
How about the MrHockey award? Thought Meland had it locked up. but Ladoucer is good choice alos-- Like I said on another thread, The Mr. Hockey 08' coming out of those 4 candidates-- we were going to have a good representative, all class acts.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:50 pm

i wasnt surprised by the tournemtn time and i also felt meland had it locked up. o well. I just wanted to show everyone that thought theere wasnt 6 men on the ice, that there wass.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Yeah there was definately 6 players on the ice, and they were all pretty intent on the game play (none of them were going back to the bench). It's a missed call, but video replay isn't allowed (I think it should be in State tournament cases) and the refs missed it. It's a shame for RR, but the game ended up pretty intriguing either way.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:51 pm

gfhockey wrote:tell me what you think about this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0gxs2m350

That is too bad for everyone involved, but unfortunately ND HS hockey doesn't have replay. I'm more than certain the refs have missed calls like this and others several times. They have also made very poor calls during state tournaments that have affected the outcome of the game, including during overtime when they should be letting the kids play. Anyway, the game is over so get over it.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:05 pm

this whole thing has been blown up way out of proportion now i think. Its the most read and top story on the fargo forum website. They will have more information on it tomorrow. Id be willing to bet that the NDHSAA will make a statement apologizing but i know for 100% the score will stand no ifs ands or buts about it.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm

that story on in-forum.com has pretty much the longest headline i've ever seen
rep

Postby Clark17 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:43 am

That's compelling evidence. It is unfortunate, but it does happen. Remember, it's not the WCHA or the NHL for that matter. Think about it, WCHA or any D-1, the refs do not have to necessarily be in the best position to get all the calls right, and for certain circumstances they have a back-up, replay. (this example may or may not reviewable, not sure) I do realize it is impossible for the bands to be on top of the play at that level, especially because there is usaully only one with orange. Now with that said, those guys are under a lot of scrutiny and they are evaluated at every game. You don't get many screw-ups at that level. This particular example is not about an official being out of position but a missed infraction at a very bad time. Anyone who has ever officiated has empathy for the situation and the officials. Like I said it's unfortunate, I'm sure the officials would like it back.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:35 am

I'd be interested to know what the refs were discussing after that second goal, it seemed to be a pretty lengthy talk.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Gongshow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:00 am

I remember in the 2006 semi-finals between RR and GPR, it went into overtime and RR scored to win. The goal they scored, if reviewed, would have been dissallowed because there was a man in the crease who wasn't being forced into the crease by a GPR player and the puck was not in the crease. The player was also interfering with the GPR goaltender at the time. We sat there and watched it on the big screen knowing that it shouldn't be a goal, but it counted. Yeah, it not cool, but that's part of hockey.
Gongshow

Postby Damus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:41 am

I'm much more upset about the GFRR student section throwing items at the GPR players/Cheerleaders/Coaches.

That was a horrible display to a fantastic finish of a state championship game. Video replay should be used to pick out the kids who were throwing full bottles of soda at kids on the ice, and they should be suspended.

As for the "too many men on the ice," feel free to sign up to become a referee. It happens more often then not. The play was a quick transition, with everything to look for, it's too bad it got by them.
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Gongshow wrote:I remember in the 2006 semi-finals between RR and GPR, it went into overtime and RR scored to win. The goal they scored, if reviewed, would have been dissallowed because there was a man in the crease who wasn't being forced into the crease by a GPR player and the puck was not in the crease. The player was also interfering with the GPR goaltender at the time. We sat there and watched it on the big screen knowing that it shouldn't be a goal, but it counted. Yeah, it not cool, but that's part of hockey.

I remember that play but are you sure you were watching it on teh big screen? If so, the Ralph could have gotten in big trouble for this as your not supposed to show questionable calls to the arena. The 6th man goal was enver showed to the arena during the game and if it had, im sure they woud have been a lot of consequences faced by the RRHS students. And also about them trhowing stuff on the ice, both sides did it. I think that GPR players kind of asked for it by after scoring, they went up banging on the RRHS sides glass. Just my opinion.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Damus wrote:I'm much more upset about the GFRR student section throwing items at the GPR players/Cheerleaders/Coaches.

That was a horrible display to a fantastic finish of a state championship game. Video replay should be used to pick out the kids who were throwing full bottles of soda at kids on the ice, and they should be suspended.

As for the "too many men on the ice," feel free to sign up to become a referee. It happens more often then not. The play was a quick transition, with everything to look for, it's too bad it got by them.

I said it in another thread it's not the first time Red River fans have done it, they did it when they lost to South a couple years ago. If they lose in the Championship game again sometime I'm pretty sure your gonna see it happen again.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheGuy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:42 pm

The main issue here is the fact that the officials saw the infraction and failed to make the call. They had at least 20 seconds to see that extra man from the time he jumped on the ice to the time the GPR coaching staff ripped him off. The last 5-8 seconds they had the RR bench telling them to look and count. There is no way they misssed it. They just didn't have the cajones to reverse the call.

Second issue I have is the fact that I heard GPR coach say he didn't know what happened and he didn't know if they had too many or not. If this is the case why was his staff in such a hurry to yank the extra skater off during the celebration of the goal? He and his staff knew from the get go they had too many and now are pleading ignorant. That is not the kind of people I want leading and being role models for young men.

Something should be done here. At least for his own sake GPR coach could admit he knew and own up to his action. Ultimately I would like to see RR crowned as Co-champion.
TheGuy

Postby Gongshow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:52 pm

gfhockey wrote:
Gongshow wrote:I remember in the 2006 semi-finals between RR and GPR, it went into overtime and RR scored to win. The goal they scored, if reviewed, would have been dissallowed because there was a man in the crease who wasn't being forced into the crease by a GPR player and the puck was not in the crease. The player was also interfering with the GPR goaltender at the time. We sat there and watched it on the big screen knowing that it shouldn't be a goal, but it counted. Yeah, it not cool, but that's part of hockey.

I remember that play but are you sure you were watching it on teh big screen? If so, the Ralph could have gotten in big trouble for this as your not supposed to show questionable calls to the arena. The 6th man goal was enver showed to the arena during the game and if it had, im sure they woud have been a lot of consequences faced by the RRHS students. And also about them trhowing stuff on the ice, both sides did it. I think that GPR players kind of asked for it by after scoring, they went up banging on the RRHS sides glass. Just my opinion.

I'm 100% sure that they showed it on the big screen. They showed it up there because they didn't know that it was an illegal goal at the time. We were watching it and many people were dissapointed, but that's hockey.
Gongshow

Postby thenatural » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:13 pm

it's just another case of a GF team getting screwed in a state championship game by poor officiating
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Every teams fans, win or lose, in the title game throw stuff on the ice. Its been hapening for ever.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:11 pm

thenatural wrote:it's just another case of a GF team getting screwed in a state championship game by poor officiating

yeah, poor grand forks
rep

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:31 pm

They showed the replay at the game at least twice.

2006 semi-final, I guess what goes around comes around.

Have we heard from the officials that they actually saw 6 skaters and decided not to make the call just because. Dont speculate something like that. If they had seen 6 skaters they would have made the call. Calls get missed all the time. It happens. I am sure there were calls RR should have been called on as well and were not over the course of the game. Whats to say that power play wouldnt have led to a goal at a different time in the game. Dont accuse the coaching staff as well and making statements about them leading young men when you have no idea what they did or did not see.

Co-Champions. Sorry, not happening.

GPR Students threw stuff on the ice as well after the game. I was sitting near their section.

GF teams getting hosed??? I am pretty sure GF is not the only town to get hosed by a bad call. Pretty sure it has happened to others as well.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:34 pm

IF the refs hadnt seen 6 men, why did they take so long to have a conversation after the goal? just to see whhats goin on after the game or what? I highly doubt it and idk if they saw it or not.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Shoot! » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:58 pm

TheGuy wrote:The main issue here is the fact that the officials saw the infraction and failed to make the call. They had at least 20 seconds to see that extra man from the time he jumped on the ice to the time the GPR coaching staff ripped him off. The last 5-8 seconds they had the RR bench telling them to look and count. There is no way they misssed it. They just didn't have the cajones to reverse the call.

Second issue I have is the fact that I heard GPR coach say he didn't know what happened and he didn't know if they had too many or not. If this is the case why was his staff in such a hurry to yank the extra skater off during the celebration of the goal? He and his staff knew from the get go they had too many and now are pleading ignorant. That is not the kind of people I want leading and being role models for young men.

Something should be done here. At least for his own sake GPR coach could admit he knew and own up to his action. Ultimately I would like to see RR crowned as Co-champion.

Even if the GPR coach new about the to many men and told the refs they wouldnt have changed their minds. None of them saw it and it was a goal, there is no turning it around not even with replay.

And as the 2006 semi's, yes i remeber the play and seeing it on the tron. Yet it wasnt made into a big deal, put on youtube, put in the papers, or made any chaos. Think about the old days when there was no tv or even the season games, calls are missed all the time, but we move on.
"Life is tough, get a helmet!"
Shoot!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Damus » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:08 pm

by TheGuy on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:42 pm

"The main issue here is the fact that the officials saw the infraction and failed to make the call. They had at least 20 seconds to see that extra man from the time he jumped on the ice to the time the GPR coaching staff ripped him off. The last 5-8 seconds they had the RR bench telling them to look and count. There is no way they misssed it. They just didn't have the cajones to reverse the call"

Are you serious? Have you seen the video? The replay shows the goalie moving the puck up, the 6th attacker is on the ice for a maximum of 5 or 6 seconds, (it doesn't take long for them to go down and score)...It was Not 20 seconds as you claim. They come right down and score! Now, If you've ever reffed, which clearly, with the borderline retarded claims that are mad on here, none of you have, but you would know in a quick transition like that was, there's no way you have the time to count the players. It's unfortunate.

And did the GPR crowd throw their sticks and stuff they were using? (on the ice...those stupid little noise makers) Yes! The difference, was that their was no one in front of their crowd. The red river student section was bombing down soda bottles filled with pop. Was an embarassment for High School Hockey...
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:48 pm

I think the discussions taking place about the missed call is an embarassment for High School Hockey. The refs missed it, simple as that. It's a shame but you can't do anything about it any more.
Maybe due to this goal, they'll begin allowing questionable goals to be reviewed using instant replay in the future, this would be a great example of a call to pose the question to the rules committee.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby 121212 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:49 pm

Does anyone have the whole game on tape...cuz if you do go look at RR 2nd goal they were off sides...so you take away the 2 goals that should not have count and they game would of still been tied just at 1...and GPR would of still won...so it really doesn't matter.
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Hockey