Official 2008 state hockey thread

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Official 2008 state hockey thread

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:51 am

anderson16 wrote:YESS!!!
DELETED BY MODERATOR
Way to go GPR!

However, It was a great game played by 2 great teams to 3 overtimes. Grafton played a great game. They are the state champs. Those 2 teams were definitely better than any of the other teams in ND this season. Grafton is loaded with juniors, including their top players, can they repeat?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:04 am

Too many guys on the ice. They never really showed a good camera angle of it but looked like the guy was heading off and would have been off. TV guys said the no calls were mainly because they(refs) were letting the kids play in OT.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:04 am

I guess it was all about that GPR had too many guys on the ice.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 am

gfhockey wrote:It was a great game. Good way to end it. But that reffing in the overtime periods were worse then the wcha ref. Both sides had calls that should have been called but they didn't. Also, i was at the game and what were they talkins for so long about graftons seconds goal?? Looked like a clean goal to me.

I thought tv announcers were talking something about a 6th man of the ice at the same time but i could be wrong. It was a heck of a battle, I was glad the refs just kept the whistles in there pocket during the Overtimes.. Let the kids decide the win not the officals. Just my opinion. Congrats to the Spoilers on there state championship victory, and to Red River on a great season they had also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndplaya1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:52 pm

ih8gophers wrote:
hckywst wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:
spoilers07 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:
Gman1 wrote:North 4 BHS 2 this one could go either way
Grafton 9 mandan2
RR 8 century 0
South 6 williston 3

sorry but i dont see a team in the state tourney giving up 9 goals

Century and Mandan will both give up alot of goals... I could actually see them both being double digit games.

you don't see a team giving up 9 goals? if you have seen both mandan and grafton play i don't think you would make that statement. kline is good but against a high powered offense ( which mandan has not faced all year) he is going to get lit up.

how many times have you watched kline play? Both times mandan has played east teams they played their backup. Im not saying west is better then east or anything Im just wondering if by chance the time you saw mandan play they didnt have kline in net. It would have to be a total team breakdown for him to get lit up 9 times. just cant see it happening.

i don't know? why don't you take a look at his gaa against Bottineau. i belive it is 4.00. that is not good goaltending against the # 8 seed from the west. and if bottineau can get 5 on him, grafton can get 9.

oh my god the kid had a bad game who cares from what i have heard he has lead them to plenty of wins and now the state hockey tourney is over i thought he played great against grafton and i can say that it looked like to me it was kline that made it a only 2-0 game. that breakaway save was pretty sweet too. but i would just like to say that it was a fun tourney to watch and congrats to gpr
ndplaya1

Postby point/center » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:36 pm

feel free to question the calls. but flat out blasting refs by name or otherwise is going to be deleted
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndplaya1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:57 am

ndplaya1

Postby hckywst » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:20 pm

ndplaya1 wrote:first round games------
http://www.kxmb.com/video.asp?ArticleId ... eoId=17892[/url]

That save 55 seconds into this video should be on youtube not all that 6 man on ice stuff.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:21 am

hckywst wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:first round games------
http://www.kxmb.com/video.asp?ArticleId ... eoId=17892[/url]

That save 55 seconds into this video should be on youtube not all that 6 man on ice stuff.

no doubt....that save was crazy......props to kline
demon_fan14

Previous

Return to Hockey