2008 State Hockey Tournament proposed schedule.

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2008 State Hockey Tournament proposed schedule.

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:46 am

True that football guy. This is my personal opinion but the girls state hockey tournament barely has any business in the purpur. its just theres not any interest in it as of now. i too will miss the exposure of the boys state hockey and the third place game. what a waste. it shouldnt be like this. but i have talked to various people who may have interest in doing a telecast next season doing different boys hockey games. only problem is sellin the ad spots.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby keepinitreal » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:28 pm

I'm all for girls hockey being around, but for peewee b level hockey to be played at Ralph Engelstad Arena over a Boys 3rd Place game is a flat out joke. Why should a team like Fargo North who scrapped their way in have to be sent to Purpur so The Hazen Beulah Novas can battle West Fargo in front of 43 people? Girls hockey will be the reason State Tournament Attendance will be at an all time low. The boys state tournament is already lacking Grand Forks Central which will deter many people who followed Redskin hockey growing up. Fargo South will ultimately end up in the 3rd place game at Purpur, which will lead to the Fargo crowd heading home early. This coupled with a Sioux Game at 330 Saturday and Girls Hockey are going to be the reason the state championship is witnessed by less than 2000 people. I feel bad for schools like North and Mandan who haven't been mainstays at the tournament to lose part of the experience because of some middle schoolers parents who want their team with an average age of 15 play in the big boy rink.
keepinitreal

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:07 pm

So heres a question no ones brought up but are the all tournament passes going to increase in price now that there are 2 state tournys there because i would really be furious
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stromer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Saucesauer wrote:So heres a question no ones brought up but are the all tournament passes going to increase in price now that there are 2 state tournys there because i would really be furious

I hope not. If they do, they will set an all time low attendance figure. Seriously, who do you talk to about changing this for upcoming years? Or maybe the attendance will speak for itself.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby footballguy09 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 am

I can't wait for the Ralph to be a ghost town during every girls game played there especially the 1130 in the morning championship game that was so desperately needed by whoever thought it was a good idea to do this to the state tournament. I really hope next year the girls get on tv too because that would be the icing on the cake. :mrgreen:
footballguy09

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Thats gunna be one bare arena for that telecast. almost a disgrace to the rea. ive never seen a student section for a girls hockey much less acutal students watchin it.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Yeah, speak your mind, but don't be so harsh. I don't think the girls themselves went up to the NDHSAA and made them have State in GF and put their Semi-Finals and Finals in the REA at the cost of Boys' hockey. I agree it's a terrible decision on their (NDHSAA's) part, but when does the NDHSAA get something right? :lol:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:56 pm

All state tournments should be split up. If they need to raise the ticket prices an extra buck or two, so be it. But its alwayss been seperate before we NDHSAA is still around and obvsiouly not in debt.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hockey