High School Hockey Awards

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: High School Hockey Awards

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:08 am

sauce, with you on that.

scrappy23 has a point or two, but overall seems to me that this list he stamped his name on and is so sure of, is off a little.
He shouldn't be slamming players either....... His opinion is appreciated and read. but making slams isn't needed.

What I mean is:
He loves Kovacs-- i see the slight edge(my thoughts) going to another goalie or two.
**since nobody in the State has proven to be the "Brick Wall"--
ie: Arnason--vs South, Grafton, Groves vs. south and others,OR Eichle, even Kline.
this Best Goalie thing is up in the Air...the way I see it.
He loves Galbreath of GFRR-- I think he is very good, Ladoucer better... Heck heit of DL is playing great too.
He makes a great point with Hooey, Schaefer, Demers-- all three are doing well, playing on their respective teams. Remember it isn't always about the pts, it is total game.
He Loves Meland-- and I do not, have not agrued that. Meland is a player, thinking the sioux could use him next year.
He doesn't like Groth-- but I can't argue, with Playmer ability of Groth. He plays hard and makes plays for everyone he skates with(from the few games I have seen-- and gotten first hand reports on him)--plus box scores. others that are play makers-- Demers-GPR, Seeburg- BHS
Best Goal scorer-- Meland-- but throw Demers in there too... both can score-- need play makers to get them the puck also.
He loves Mohagin-GPR--- good player agreed-- hard worker, good Defensive:Forward, better than the others-- Huh?
He thinks Seeburg is a D-Man(NOT he is a F)-- Ladoucer, Galbreath, adding in Hills-GPR(good pick), Labare-BHS is in that listing too.-- but to pick one? My pick is Ladoucer.
Over-all player-- no question--ther can be only ONE-- and from what I have seen(even no pts vs. Roseau)-Meland....... others are good--he is playing great.(has great line-mates--Schaefer, Crary--they played all year last yr. together--they are stellar together)

saying-- "you must be joking, or that is silly" or other snide remarks to someones opinion-- then so be it.
scrappy23-- put a little more thought into your posts.
Do you think other players should be listed in this awards list? then post "Your own list"-- don't list the ones that you want to slam.... like you did here.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndplaya1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
scrappy23 wrote:Best Goalie: Kovacs all the way give him a team
Best Defenseman: J. Galbreath, RR
Best Winger: A. Hooey, FS, OK 18 points ha! Schaefer and Demers make him a joke prove otherwise
Best Center: E. Meland, RR, The best no prob here
Best Playmaker: T. Groth, FS, playmakers have points dont be silly he is a good player but come on!! Best Goal-scorer: E. Meland, RR, best player state wide!!
Best Defensive Offenseman: Ryan Mohagen works harder 5 foot notta and kicks man
Best Offensive Defenseman: A. Seeberg, BHS, great d man ladoucer and galbreath are right there along with hills
Best All-Around Player: E. Meland, RR, unreal great player!!!!!

Decent list, but scince kovacs gave up 5 goals to bhs in like 5 min. i disagree, hooey no no, groth i think is a stud, and seeberg dosnt play defense! he is a wing maybe a center but i am pretty sure wing, i know he is a forward though

alright i agree with kovacs being a great goaltender. the best? i dont know right now, im waiting on the rest of the season cause my philosophy is every one or every goalie in this matter is given one bad game and as of now that was his only bad one of the season, its better to get it out of the way early like he did and now he is playing solid. same thing with kline, i guess they lost 5-4 to bottineau, dont know what happened there but im sure it was a team thing, and that was kline's only bad game ive seen posted. It happens all the time and we just need to realize that not everyone can have outstanding games all the time. stuff happens and things just dont go your way sometimes. should we bring them down? no, they have played very well and so have the other goalies in the west and east who have had bad games im sure also.just because you dont make the highlight reel every game doesnt make you a bad player. a person shouldnt be penalized for having 1 or 2 bad games. if you've ever played a sport than you know how it feels to have a bad game, it happens and you dont like people talking about it and judging you on it. now if you do it constantly than i can see why people would talk and judge but other than that i say that person still has a shot.
ndplaya1

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 pm

kovacs isnt even close to the best goaltender in the state . he needs to step up and win a few big games before he can be considered for that category.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:35 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:kovacs isnt even close to the best goaltender in the state . he needs to step up and win a few big games before he can be considered for that category.

you should count how many shots he had in two games this weekend. go when the stats are refreshed check it out.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Z Scout » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Kovacs definetly is not the top goalie in the state. I'm sorry but his team is really not that bad for him to be having this kind of year. The goalie award I would give to Pat Arnason, and not just because of the team he has. He is a very good goaltender and steps up in big games. I would say Kovacs was better last year than this year, he is good, but not the best.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 pm

agree with that last post. ND Z Scout
you have some points there. Kovacs is good, but better last year(with not as good a team in front of him)

kline-Mandan, Arnason-GFRR, lead the way so far in my book.

others that seetons of shots-- Groves-DL(good -- but better last yr)
keller- WF(better last yr)
Eichle-BHS( good this yr., better than last)- could rank up there.
no other real stellar performers in the state. upperclassman playing this is it.
now there are some younger guys playing that seem to be holding their own, still a little un-tested, but as the end nears, and teams play their top guy-- you will se a couple of the oyunger talented goalies stepping up(they always do).

GFC needs their young guy to step up and hit a home run for them....I mean stop a ton of shots
South has a young guy- that has played lately, he could be a mainstay for them.
williston's- Evenson could be the go to guy in upcoming games.
Of course- lindberg of Jamestown is younger- but a solid tender.

think that names the ones that can make a diff, coming up(all my opinion)
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crosby1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Best Forward - Meland, RR
Best Goalie - Arnason, RR
Best playmaker - R.LaDouceur,RR
Most Underrated-Bekkedahl,FN
Best Senior-Meland,RR
Best Junior-Demers,GPR
Best Sophmore-Kovacs,DHS
Best Freshman-Purpur,GFC/Kusler,BCH/Fuller,GFC???/
crosby1

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:31 pm

crosby1 wrote:Best Forward - Meland, RR
Best Goalie - Arnason, RR
Best playmaker - R.LaDouceur,RR
Most Underrated-Bekkedahl,FN
Best Senior-Meland,RR
Best Junior-Demers,GPR
Best Sophmore-Kovacs,DHS
Best Freshman-Purpur,GFC/Kusler,BCH/Fuller,GFC???/

Heck let's just put the Whole GFRR team in these spots. just kidding.
Best Senior-- you mean Mr. Hockey
And then adding in Best Jr, soph, Frosh and Underrated....
the pick of Bekkadahl-- ya that would be a good pick, but he had a ton of pts last yr.
not sure where he is now-- If memory serves me-- he had a couple of line mates last yr. that were very good-- Kline and Bommerbanger, so maybe he could use some help at North. but he still should be able to put up some Numbers, being their go-to guy.? just a thought.

Who would be your Most Overrated player? Starting a Rats nest -- don't answer that, it could be nasty.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hockey