Bismarck @ Williston

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bismarck @ Williston

Postby sportsfan1989 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Does anyone think williston can upset Bismarck? Any score predictions?
sportsfan1989

Re: Bismarck @ Williston

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:59 pm

i will take BHS 10-2 its been awhile scince they played they will either come out flat or extremley hungry i will take the latter!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby biggie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Last I heard it was 6-3 Bismarck. I'm guessing it finished that way because there was just seconds left.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Williston hung with bismarck the whole game pretty much but they made some dumb penalties in the third and bismarck capitalized. Bismarck is just such a good team all-a-round that you can't contain them for the whole 3 periods.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockey4life » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Orr4 wrote:Williston hung with bismarck the whole game pretty much but they made some dumb penalties in the third and bismarck capitalized. Bismarck is just such a good team all-a-round that you can't contain them for the whole 3 periods.

But it was 3-2 going into the 3rd. williston outshot them i believe the 2nd and 3rd periods, like he said they took some dumb penalties overall williston hung with them.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Football Guy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Bismarck High outshot Williston 34-27 in the game. Bismarck High led the 1st period in shots 11-4. Williston outshot Bismarck High 11-6 in the second period. The Demons then outshot Williston 17-12 in the third period. Nonetheless, a nice effort by the Coyotes who got down 3-0, before scoring 3 straight goals to make it 3-3 with about 12 minutes left in the game. Andrew Seeberg scored the game winner with 9:53 left in the game. Tyler Richter made it 5-3 with 5:45 left, and then Matt Fettig scored the empty netter with 9 seconds left. Only 6 penalties in the game, 4 on Williston, 2 against Bismarck High.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Z Scout » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Bismarck High only had one power play goal so I can't see where penalties came into the game that much
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:58 am

penalties were not the problem.
the 3-0 hole that williston dug themselves was the factor.
but give BHS credit, they did capitalize on the mistakes, they ahve speed and have confidence in their play right now.
that lone loss to GPR (one goal by the way)-- is the only blemish.

BHS is the for real team in the WEST.
Deeper bench then in years past, that helps too. coaching is improved, as well as chemistry of the guys.
they all know,(talking to a couple of them), that this is the year they need to make noise and win the WDA and go at the State tourney with a purpose. they have the tools , the confidence and to me that is what you need to make a splash at State.
they have beaten a good team(although not playing that good at the time)-in South, lost that game to GPR(3-2), and have pretty much man handled everyone out here in the WEST.
they can now just work ont he fine tuning all the way to State(--but don't stumble at WDA--need that #1 seed to have the right bracket for the trip to the finals)....
My view is this-- Labare, Seeburg, Geiss, richter and Hockehalter along with decent Eichcle goal tending gets them the WDA title and then the door is open to MAKE BIG noise at state.

I like this group of kids--this year working hard and knowing that BHS probably doesn't have another shot for a few years, so they need to carry the torch....
anyone else think so?
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Sportshound wrote:penalties were not the problem.
the 3-0 hole that williston dug themselves was the factor.
but give BHS credit, they did capitalize on the mistakes, they ahve speed and have confidence in their play right now.
that lone loss to GPR (one goal by the way)-- is the only blemish.

BHS is the for real team in the WEST.
Deeper bench then in years past, that helps too. coaching is improved, as well as chemistry of the guys.
they all know,(talking to a couple of them), that this is the year they need to make noise and win the WDA and go at the State tourney with a purpose. they have the tools , the confidence and to me that is what you need to make a splash at State.
they have beaten a good team(although not playing that good at the time)-in South, lost that game to GPR(3-2), and have pretty much man handled everyone out here in the WEST.
they can now just work ont he fine tuning all the way to State(--but don't stumble at WDA--need that #1 seed to have the right bracket for the trip to the finals)....
My view is this-- Labare, Seeburg, Geiss, richter and Hockehalter along with decent Eichcle goal tending gets them the WDA title and then the door is open to MAKE BIG noise at state.

I like this group of kids--this year working hard and knowing that BHS probably doesn't have another shot for a few years, so they need to carry the torch....
anyone else think so?

Nope!! East sweep again I am sure. The West has no reason for anyone to think otherwise after the poor showing the last few years I don't know why anyone would predict other than maybe first round win at best. No West team will contend for a state title again for a while, and realistically other than a couple of times in the history of ND high school hockey no west teams have been consistent contenders. Its sad but true the East has absolutely dominated the State Tournament, and that won't change this year either. Bismarck is no different than any of the other past teams out of the West. Minot coming to mind as of late when they dominated the West and came into the state with big hopes and dreams only to get beat in the first round.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:34 am

I feel this is the year a west team is in the big show again if you look at it now if the season ended today it would be south and gpr in a bracket with bhs and willy, and rr, dl , dicky, j town now the way i see it bhs gpr win with bhs winning this matchup a little payback for earlier and rr and i dont know with dicky and dl lets just say dicky for arguments sake it would end up being rr and bhs for all the marbels with rr winning but i think this may be the year for one west team and that one is bhs!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:28 am

I'll just say I definately wouldn't set the brackets like that. You're putting DL at the number 3 seed in the east, but I doubt they'll end up with that good of a seeding. They don't have enough firepower to make that much of a racket, unless Groves played out of his mind and got a shutout to beat GFC/South/GPR at EDC.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:12 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:I'll just say I definately wouldn't set the brackets like that. You're putting DL at the number 3 seed in the east, but I doubt they'll end up with that good of a seeding. They don't have enough firepower to make that much of a racket, unless Groves played out of his mind and got a shutout to beat GFC/South/GPR at EDC.

I know i know i am just sayin that would be if the season was to end well yesterday
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:29 pm

OldSchool and Sauce----

now now-- the season isn't over and I think that BHS will be the #1 seed--unless they fall on their face at WDA.
they are a good grp... they want to win State(that will not happen) and have been working hard for that goal.

East is still the Fav's for the Big Show in FEB. (I mean two teams from the East playing late oin Sat. eve Feb.23rd at the REA......)

BHS, I still think Mandan, Dickytown, Williston emege from WDA.
GFRR, GPR, South, and either DL or GFC(probably GFC--I know i know-- I said this before- BINA is a GOOD Coach)
those battling for that fourth spot could end up to be-- DL, GFC, Shanley-- but they still have to all play the EDC-- anything can happen there..
Shanley upset RR that one year...??/ right??? and then RR had to fight ot get to state.
Shanley lost next two and didn't go... but played tough...

WEST is Almost set... East-- you guys have a lot to muddle through......more variables in the EAST as it stands.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:04 pm

Sportshound wrote:OldSchool and Sauce----

now now-- the season isn't over and I think that BHS will be the #1 seed--unless they fall on their face at WDA.
they are a good grp... they want to win State(that will not happen) and have been working hard for that goal.

East is still the Fav's for the Big Show in FEB. (I mean two teams from the East playing late oin Sat. eve Feb.23rd at the REA......)

BHS, I still think Mandan, Dickytown, Williston emege from WDA.
GFRR, GPR, South, and either DL or GFC(probably GFC--I know i know-- I said this before- BINA is a GOOD Coach)
those battling for that fourth spot could end up to be-- DL, GFC, Shanley-- but they still have to all play the EDC-- anything can happen there..
Shanley upset RR that one year...??/ right??? and then RR had to fight ot get to state.
Shanley lost next two and didn't go... but played tough...

WEST is Almost set... East-- you guys have a lot to muddle through......more variables in the EAST as it stands.

I dont see how you can say the west is almost set with the way i see it there is 1 team that is almost gaurenteed a spot (bhs) in the west everyone is beating everyone with the exception of bhs the way i look at it is these wda games mean nothing because its going to be whoever wants it the most when wda rolls around every team will put up a tough fight no one has anything wrapped up but i feel if anyone did it would be bhs!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Hockey