Week 5 - High School Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Week 5 - High School Hockey

Postby biggie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 am

Minot 3
Williston 3

Tied in OT again.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:07 am

Moorhead 7
Fargo South 0
Anyone at the game last night that can give a little feedback? Looks like South is in a Free Fall, losing to Grafton, Central, and now Moorhead.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoiler92 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:10 am

Knight55 wrote:
Spoiler92 wrote:
Knight55 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Favre#1 wrote:Shanley 4-3 over Mandan

wow thats shakes up everything

not really i heard it was just bad goaltending

actually i think it might of been 5-3 bcause of an open net

Shanley started the same goaltender that gave up 7 goals on 20 shots against wahpeton last year. Shanley didn't look like they played too bad and their first line didn't play much because Hvidston had three early penalties and Dietzler had a misconduct in the 2nd....Shanley really just isn't as bad as some may think, i mean they did give Grafton a heck of a run.

Gave Grafton a heck of a run? It was 6-3. Shanley goalie had 49 saves and G-PR played 2nd goalie, and he only made 16 saves.
They have lost to Central(6-0) meany(8-4) DL(6-3) RR(11-0)
Beat Hazen-Beulah(5-2) Wahp-Breck(4-2) and Mandan(4-3)
Not that impressive!

Ok first off, i've noticed every time Shanley wins a game, someone makes and excuse that the other team didn't try or their first line didn't play. Shanley has finally been playing up more towards their potential with the coaching change. But I'm really getting annoyed when people make excuses when a team like that wins. They deserve some wins and they for the first time might have the potential to pull some upsets. Central beat South...thats an upset...but noone makes excuses on why central won. Thats because a win is a win i saw that game and Central deserved that win but you can say a team like Shanley beats Mandan and the excuses just start flying?!?!?!?! That's just shady.

Okay, Shanley lost at home easily to a bad Jamestown team 6-3!
Jamestown has lost to Minot this year as well as Dickinson, Dl, and Mandan. At best Jamestown is the 3-5 seed from the West, which makes them about 10th best in the state!
So, that makes Shanley 7th best in the East and about 14th or 15th in the State. I see them better than only West Fargo, Wahp-Breck, and Bottineau!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplaya1 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:25 am

money2128 wrote:BHS 5 Mandan 4

Was a pretty good game to watch although the score was closer than it should have been. BHS dominated the better part of the game and Kline stood on his head and kept mandan in it. One goal Bismarck scored there was definately a man in the crease before the puck was. I dont know what the exact shots were but I would say Kline probably had around 40 saves. I give mandan some credit for hanging in there and scoring on thier opportunities. They have some good skaters. Overall BHS was just faster and stronger with the puck.

agreed, you could tell bismarck had complete control of the game and definately out shot mandan by alot, but mandan did put away most of their chances and had their moments. I thought bismarck would have at least beat them by 2 or 3, but good job to mandan for keeping it close and perhaps giving bismarck their first real scare of the season. Did anyone see the game? what were your reactions?
ndplaya1

Postby money2128 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:21 pm

ndplaya1 wrote:

Was a pretty good game to watch although the score was closer than it should have been. BHS dominated the better part of the game and Kline stood on his head and kept mandan in it. One goal Bismarck scored there was definately a man in the crease before the puck was. I dont know what the exact shots were but I would say Kline probably had around 40 saves. I give mandan some credit for hanging in there and scoring on thier opportunities. They have some good skaters. Overall BHS was just faster and stronger with the puck.

agreed, you could tell bismarck had complete control of the game and definately out shot mandan by alot, but mandan did put away most of their chances and had their moments. I thought bismarck would have at least beat them by 2 or 3, but good job to mandan for keeping it close and perhaps giving bismarck their first real scare of the season. Did anyone see the game? what were your reactions?

Bismarck 2 1 2 - 5

Mandan 1 3 0 - 4

First period:1. M, Kyle Roberts (Marc Montplaisir), 9:00. 2. B, Andrew Seeberg (Nick Romanick), 11:07. 3. B, Tyler Richter (Nick Clausnitzer), 15:34.

Second period:4. M, Logan Martin (Zac Winking, Sam Salveson), 5. B, Jared Hochhalter (Seeberg), 3:28. 6. M, Caleb Haugen (Casey Mischel), 5:15 (sh). 7. M, Austin Riopelle (Patrick Bair), 14:41.

Third period:8. B, Calvin Krueger (Clausnitzer, Nate Ulness), 1:54. 9. B, Cole Geis (Colby Nordstrom), 12:11 (pp).

Goalie saves: B - Drew Eichele 6-3-4-13.
M - Ethan Kline 12-21-10-43.

Penalties:M 6 minors. B 2 minors.

Records:B 7-0-0 West Region, 8-1-0 overall; M 3-2-0, 3-3-0.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:07 pm

ndplaya1 wrote:

Remember, Bismarck High lost to Grafton-Park River 3-2
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby money2128 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Spoiler92 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:

Remember, Bismarck High lost to Grafton-Park River 3-2

I know they lost to GPR. This conversation has to do with the teams Bismarck High has played in the west.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:20 pm

BHS 6 South 4
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:13 am

Saucesauer wrote:BHS 6 South 4

Congrats to BHS. Can you give any information on the game. I will be able to read the boxscore in the paper, so that will not be necessary, but anything else you saw in the game, etc..
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby money2128 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:48 am

Sioux4ever wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:BHS 6 South 4

Congrats to BHS. Can you give any information on the game. I will be able to read the boxscore in the paper, so that will not be necessary, but anything else you saw in the game, etc..

I thought south came out a little flat footed in the first part of the first period. Kelly let in 2 week goals in the first period, One was intended to be a pass from the corner to the front of the net that hit the goalie and went in. BHS had the edge in the second period due to a couple of south penalties. BHS was up 6-2 a little over half way through the third, and managed to get enough of a lead to hold off south the last half of the period. South Dominated the last part of the third on a couple of BHS penalties and scored 1 power play goal.

Overall I thought it was a pretty even matchup, both teams had their chances.

Fargo South 1 1 2 - 4

Bismarck 2 2 2 - 6

First period:1. B, Andrew Seeberg (Jared LaBere), 3:36. 2. FS, TyrelMcBain (Chris Haselu), 7:17. 3. B, Sean Sullivan (NIckRomanick), 10:03.

Second period: 4. B, Cole Geis (Tyler Richter, Patrick Anderson), 2:26. 5. FS, David Mauch (Forrest Trutel), 6:18. 6. Geis (Nate Clausnitzer), 15:39 (pp).

Third period: 7. B, Sullivan (Seeberg), 4:45. 8.B, BenPeterson (Mike Balzer, Seeberg), 5:50. 9. FS, Tyler Sorenson (Mauch), 8:54. 10. FS, Dave Burdick (Peter Orson, Alex Hooey), 13:45 (pp).

Goalie saves:Fargo South - Drew Kelly 8-12-7- 27. Bismarck - Drew Eichele 15-4-13 - 32.

Penalties:Fargo South 6 minors, 1 misconduct; Bismarck 5 minors.

Records:FS 2-5-0, Bismarck 9-1-0.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:41 pm

Sioux4ever wrote: Looks like South is in a Free Fall, losing to Grafton, Central, and now Moorhead.

They've lost 4 games straight now with BHS beating them 6-4 last night.
I hope they hooked up a bungie cord somewhere, or they could be in for a rough landing. Heard they looked better than they did against Central/Moorhead, but also heard they let in a lot of soft goals.

After RR lost that shootout, we don't get to see a Roseau/RR game now. But a Central/RR rivalry tonight.

Updated the scores I know.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:44 pm

Roseau won with .5 secdonds left.

GFRR pounded GFC 5-1 and a good ole fashion brawl started at the end of them game. DK if suspsensions will be give tho.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:03 am

gfhockey wrote:Roseau won with .5 secdonds left.

GFRR pounded GFC 5-1 and a good ole fashion brawl started at the end of them game. DK if suspsensions will be give tho.

Sounds like no love lost between RR and GFC......
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:43 am

Sioux4ever wrote:
gfhockey wrote:Roseau won with .5 secdonds left.

Sounds like no love lost between RR and GFC......

From what I saw as a neutral fan, RR was extremely overprotective and instigated many of the skirmishes. Arneson got a penalty and should have prob got another one for his antics after the whistle blew during the course of the game. The brawl itself was pretty weak but it was the most exciting thing about that game.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:24 am

Commentating on the BHS South game from what i saw in warm-ups i deffinatly do not want either of Souths goalies as my last line of defense, they are extremly weak and dont move very well the only clean saves i saw them make were the ones shot right into their chest/stomach regions on the other hand after giving up 8 goals in the last 2 games combined maybe other teams are realizing all they have to do to score on eichle is shoot the puck...just observations though?!?! comments???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby money2128 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:36 am

Saucesauer wrote:Commentating on the BHS South game from what i saw in warm-ups i deffinatly do not want either of Souths goalies as my last line of defense, they are extremly weak and dont move very well the only clean saves i saw them make were the ones shot right into their chest/stomach regions on the other hand after giving up 8 goals in the last 2 games combined maybe other teams are realizing all they have to do to score on eichle is shoot the puck...just observations though?!?! comments???

Agreed, I think BHS defense does a good job of not letting there opponents get to many quality scoring chances.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Updated it again, but don't have the score on the GPR game, if anyone knows what it is.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:22 pm

Grafton/Park River lost to Rochester Mayo 5-3. GPR outshot Mayo 35 - 25.

GPR beat Rochester Century 3 - 2 in overtime. GPR outshot Century 45 - 27.

Grafton must have some week goaltending.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gongshow » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:44 pm

actually, in the Century game, Monsebroten played pretty solid.
Last edited by Gongshow on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gongshow

Postby Sportshound » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:05 am

Hmmmm-- south at Rochester and GPR has played two of the teams pretty tough.
Saucesuaer-- has it-- South needs to play three periods and not give up the soft goals and they would be just fine.

they have talent, as much as any in ND.
If they go to Rochester and have a good showing-- play hard, play smart and have some good goaltending, they should rebound and bring the skeptics back into line.
I still think South will be a contender, just way to many options for them not to be in the mix at the end of the season.

BHS-- plays solid-- let's hope that the West can lean on them to be the team from WDA to meet and over achieve their goals(meaning winning a game at state)....
Hope they haven't peeked already--???/ Could have happened???
West vs. East right now-- West is leading-- and that is good for the State of ND and the "state of hockey in ND"-- Meaning good to see the East losing a few games, gives us hope to have a Champ. come from the West again.
Maybe ?? anyways
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:17 pm

How right you are. it is good that the west is having a good showing this season. The BHS-FS game was a good indicator that BHS is taking a step in the right direction. I've always thought with the number of kids playing in Bismarck, they should have done something more at state by now than 1 finals appearance 15-16 years ago.

The west is leading the state in games vs. East in wins right now, is that true? It may be. I noticed that Red River has not played a west team, Grafton played 1 west team (BHS) and beat them, and Central played 1 west team (Minot) and beat them. BHS is 3-1 against the east teams this season, but I wouldn't crown them just yet. They beat a very soft West Fargo (0-6) team, and also beat a Fargo North team early that is young but has now reeled off 4 wins out of 5 including wins against Devils Lake and Central.

Hopefully it will leave some great games in late February in the Conference Tournament and State Tournament!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hockey