07-08 hockey season is here

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

07-08 hockey season is here

Postby phil7416 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:19 am

Well it looks like hockey season is starting up again. whose is going to be key players this year?
phil7416

Re: 07-08 hockey season is here

Postby hockeyfan02 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:07 pm

RR - Crary Boys, Leducer, Most of their contributers are coming back this year correct? Didnt Leducer start his HS career at Central? Open enrollment is rough.
FS - I think Powers is gone, but McBain will step up - strong and a quick hard shot, but South Will reload again and probably have another couple stand outs.
DL - Last years Cinderella team who received critism for going to the east, I believe still has a handfull of seniors that have been in their highschool program for 4 years. Take your Pick.
Grafton - Same old story...Tradition and returning players - Paulson, and couple jouniors that played well.
This may end up being the same ending as last year.
Im sorry I don't know much about the west, the Fargo media seems to care more about Minnesota, Rural and minneapolis more than it cares about anything past West Fargo.
hockeyfan02

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:58 pm

RR - Seems to have 3 solid lines, including a Crary, Ledoucer and Galbreath, two stand-out defensemen. Just a really deep team.
FS - Power is a captain for South, and he's playing again this year as far as I know. McBain didn't do much last year, isn't fast, but has an amazing shot. South should have another solid team, lots of new faces to the team though, so they may have a reverse season from last year. (Start out weaker and get stronger as time passes)
DL - Believe they lost a lot of talent last year, only know of 2 returners that will make the team, Groves and the defensemen (name is slipping my mind atm, he's got a pretty bad temper)
Grafton - Tradition will supply Grafton with some good Seniors, but their standouts will likely be their Junior line(s), very strong offensively, pretty weak defensively.

Those are the top 4 teams from the east imo, in no particular order. Don't know about the WDA much, but I believe BHS is supposed to have some decent players coming up.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndhockey11 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:25 am

No the LaDouceurs did not start out at central. Always have been on the Red River side. Any one have roster updates yet?
ndhockey11

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:10 am

http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/ should have all the info, whenever the season gets started and the guy has info to update (I'm guessing)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:50 pm

If i am not mistakin didnt one of the crary boys graduate in 07 i believe russel is the only one left unless there is another incoming soph or fresh
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Yeah, hence the 'a' instead of 'The Crary's"
HockeyHigh wrote:RR - Seems to have 3 solid lines, including a Crary, Ledoucer and Galbreath, two stand-out defensemen. Just a really deep team.

:o
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:56 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Yeah, hence the 'a' instead of 'The Crary's"
HockeyHigh wrote:RR - Seems to have 3 solid lines, including a Crary, Ledoucer and Galbreath, two stand-out defensemen. Just a really deep team.

:o

ohh my bad i read the one above you where it said crary boys
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:42 am

hockey fan 02--
RR- is a stacked team and they will be solid(as you said)-- adding acouple of factors that you didn't mention
those guys would be- goalie Arnason, Bancroft(jr-F), Meland(Sr. -F), Schaefer(Sr.-F)
Deepest team in the State in talent

south-- is a re-load(as mentioned)-- powers- yes a returning (Sr?)- Hooey(sr.-f) big and a force, Groth(Sr.-F)3 powers and groth played Elite league and are very good players ** looking at stats from last yr. these are the three(Hooey, powers, Groth) top pts getters returning.
Add in-- IF McBain is there(have heard rumors) and the New comers-- Narveson(from North Jr-D), burdick(from WFargo- Jr. D)- south seems poised to contend again.
2nd deepest team in state with talent

Devils lake-- Groves in Net, heit at D, reardon? if he is playing.
they have some solid guys, but are not deep, will not contend for the big prize, may get there, but losing the scoring punch of Everson hurts them this year.

Bismarck-- returning their top pts guys,-- seaberg, and Labare make them a threat for the West-- just not deep enough to play it to the Big prize.

Mandan-- some top talent-- New coach--who knows-- Martin(returns after injury sidelined him last year, Haugen(one of the top talented guys int he state-- No work ethic)-- so they have as much depth as anyone in the West-- Klien at Goalie-- he is awesome.

Dickinson-- the scary thought is that these guys-- lay in the weeds and could challenge.
kovacs in the nets(back up is another solid tender- Otto) both could play after HS.
Frenzel-- as long as his head is in it, little kovacs brother is a USA Festival kid, good player.
And a few others. they will be the sleeper in the West.

shanley-- HMMM talk is of a foreign kid at goalie... hmmmm-- with some good young guys last year-- they could sneak up on the likes of North, wapheton, wF, D.L. and central.
sinner, traynor, harvey, olson and a raft of others.

central-- as posted elsewhere-- they could be in top 5 but-- do not have simonsin-- he left to go to RR.
which is a shame--he would be the leader(even last yr) and would be this year too. he is talented.
they have spicer, anderson, klockman and some other young guys-- Chicklinski(transfered from RR)--
Still not enought to challenge this year-- maybe next year.

Grafton does have the Jr-line-- gaustad, Demers, moehagen. but lack in depth at def.
have Sr's paulsoon, peterson-- but then go down...
others int he mix-- sr. Anderson at F-- he is strong and good. Boyle-- played as soph last yr. will be good too.
they will need to score 7-8 goals a game(IMO they can't do that every game) to win a bunch--
Goaltending is a weak spot-- bad...
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Wow, good post Sportshound.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:24 pm

yeah that was a great breakdown you should be a sports anyalist, do you know if they pu the preseason polls out for each region like wda and edc or do they not do that?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hockey